Fury DPS Trinkets and Simcraft

Hello Warriors!

I know to read Bloodmallet and i know to use Simcraft(Raidbots), but i think both are wrong.

385 Everchill Anchor and 355 Darkmoon Card works for me Ingame better then other Trinekts like 400 Gore Krusted Butcher Block or 400 Rezans Gelaming Eye or Knot of Ancient Fury.

Darkmoon Card isnt on Bloodmallet anymore but the Warriors from Limit and Method and other guilds also wear them.

So whats your Opinions, Trinkets like Darkmoon Card and Everchill Anchor sims wrong?
    Last edited by Adrasin; 2019-02-15 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrasin View Post
    Hello Warriors!

I know to read Bloodmallet and i know to use Simcraft(Raidbots), but i think both are wrong.

385 Everchill Anchor and 355 Darkmoon Card works for me Ingame better then other Trinekts like 400 Gore Krusted Butcher Block or 400 Rezans Gelaming Eye or Knot of Ancient Fury.

Darkmoon Card isnt on Bloodmallet anymore but the Warriors from Limit and Method and other guilds also wear them.

So whats your Opinions, Trinkets like Darkmoon Card and Everchill Anchor sims wrong?
    Fathoms is off bloodmallet because bloodmallet only compares 370+ trinkets to reduce clutter. It would take around 10 seconds of basic observation to see that.

Anchor is great on sustained aoe, but shit on single target and burst aoe.

Follow your top gear sim. You do not know better than the sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    Follow your top gear sim. You do not know better than the sims.
    Actually on many occasions we do know better than sims. Especially when some unannounced changes make it to the live servers, when fights do not follow the fight types available in sims and sometimes when some items (most notoriously trinkets) have not been implemented the right way in sims code.

Nonetheless, it's so sad that 355 ilvl crafted trinket with random proc is better in many situations than anything else available for pretty much 2 whole tiers. It should never be the case, same as trinkets from final bosses of a raid being pretty much on par with having no trinket equipped at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    Actually on many occasions we do know better than sims. Especially when some unannounced changes make it to the live servers, when fights do not follow the fight types available in sims and sometimes when some items (most notoriously trinkets) have not been implemented the right way in sims code.

Nonetheless, it's so sad that 355 ilvl crafted trinket with random proc is better in many situations than anything else available for pretty much 2 whole tiers. It should never be the case, same as trinkets from final bosses of a raid being pretty much on par with having no trinket equipped at all...
    You should sim patchwork. regardless of the fight.The point of a sim is not to replicate an encounter. You can know how to properly read a sim, and apply that to a given situation, and you can have outside information of a recent change that is not yet reflected in SimC. The sims are not wrong, and if they were, you'd know from a simple look at Skyhold, people are more than willing to help there.

And what? That's been a thing in almost every expansion, that one or two especially powerful trinkets are used in the tier after, and in some extreme cases two tiers after, the raid they're from. It's beaten by roughly 19 trinkets lower than 400 ilvl on pure single target, depending on your gear/traits/stats. And it's rapidly outscaled by other trinkets in multi target, as while Fathoms does scale with # of targets, it does not scale linearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing Fathoms off of Bloodmallet was kind of a questionable decision because it's pretty competitive with various other 400 trinkets at 355.

The sims are right, and if they're showing that your Anchor and Fathoms as the highest simmed trinkets for you, then I'd continue to wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting