Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - Feb 14, 2019, Patch 8.1.5 PTR - Portal Room Updates, Blue Posts

Challenge Rift - Week 86

Celebrate a Wild Valentine's Day - Find and Build Themed Decks!

Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - February 14, 2019
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids
    • Battle of Dazar’alor
      • High Tinker Mekkatorque
        • Wind Up now grants 10% Haste and Movement Speed in Heroic difficulty (was 20%).
        • Boss health lowered by 5% in Heroic difficulty.
      • King Rastakhan
        • Seal of Purification, Scorching Detonation, and Withering Burst should no longer hit pets.

• Uldir
      • Taloc
        • Orbs of Harmony will now respawn when the Taloc encounter resets.

Player versus Player
    • Restoration Druid mana regeneration is now reduced by 55% in PvP.
    • Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, Restoration Shaman, and Mistweaver Monk mana regeneration is now reduced by 50% in PvP.
    • Discipline Priest mana regeneration is now reduced by 45% in PvP.
    • Balance Druid, Feral Druid, and Elemental Shaman mana regeneration is reduced by 35% in PvP.
      • Developers’ notes: We’ve taken a careful look at healer mana during longer PvP engagements in both Arenas and battlegrounds, and the changes above are intended to address several concerns. In PvP, we want mana to feel like a more critical resource, and we want mana efficiency to be an important part of PvP healing. At the beginning of Battle for Azeroth, mana regeneration from all healer specs was reduced by 15-30% (depending on the class), and after reviewing the current state of the game, we feel like further reductions are necessary to both healer specs and a few hybrid specs.

• Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Restoration
        • Nourish mana cost increased by 30%.

• Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Assassination
        • Neurotoxin now increases the cooldown of affected spells by 1 second (was 3 seconds).
        • Neurotoxin now has a 45 second cooldown (was 25 seconds).
        • Neurotoxin now has a 3 second duration (was 10 seconds).
          • Developers note: Unfortunately, we are unable to fix several technical issues with this spell at this time. We’re working on a fix for it that we hope to include in 8.1.5.

Patch 8.1.5 PTR - Portal Room Portal Model Updates
    The portals in the portal rooms of Stormwind and Orgrimmar have received updates from the old mage portals on the PTR.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Whirling Dragon Punch Bug
    are you guys aware about the whirling dragon punch bug for windwalkers? I haven’t read anything acknowledging it and its pretty game influencing
    With Whirling Dragon Punch, there seems to be a bug causing a cooldown discrepancy. We’re testing it in 8.1.5, where it appears to be fixed, and appreciate the heads-up. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Last edited by chaud; 2019-02-15 at 10:18 AM.

Well Chris, we can see you still care about your baby. However it looks like your baby went to the dark side...
    The community is not mad at blizz devs, they are mad at Activision Blizzard CEO's which turend the kid on that path.

Hey Chris, can you please come back and put the Lore team back on track?

Because this war campaign in terms of Lore and character consistency has been a train wreck since the beginning.

By the way, we miss the old Thrall (the pre cataclysm one, i must add), and we need you to bring him back

Smells like someone who will come back working for Blizzard soon™.

Amazing portals! Finally

"They give their ALL daily...... for YOU guys."

You must be gullible to believe this. Last i checked they were developing games because they are paid to do so. Stop trying to make people feel sorry for a company. They are not your friends, they just want our money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohnonononotempemail View Post

You must be gullible to believe this. Last i checked they were developing games because they are paid to do so. Stop trying to make people feel sorry for a company. They are not your friends, they just want our money.
    What if I told you that companies were made out of human beings?

What if I told you that most gamedevs are the opposite of cash-grabbing opportunists, often taking pay cuts to work on the project they love?

Would that change your mind? Probably not, as most gamers have no idea how hard it is to maintain a profit in this industry.

I think Yoda said that once...
    What's worse, him actually finding this a moving argument, or him thinking other people would?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What Chris says is correct, just a shame that the community here if there even is one is a total cesspool.. As there are those who would rather take a dump on others in the "community" than help them, and a couple of posts in this very thread pretty much show it..

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnonononotempemail View Post

Blizzard is not your friend, neither are their investors. But the game devs are not just doing it for money. As I said in a different posts, game devs are not like your normal developer. They endure a lot more stress, lower pay and more insecurity than a standard developer, because they love games.
    Mother pus bucket!

Well... the problem is that, as far as we know, the company was more profitable than ever and not going through a "rough patch". It's one thing to fire people because things are going bad and you need to downsize and another when it's done to optimize costs and get even bigger profits.

lol devs can be shitty as well, no group is purely innocent

The only issue is the poor money grab tactics have been bleeding into WoW and the other IP's for some time and it is unfortunate.

Chris Metzen: Warlords of Draenor was his baby. Now he's retired. Let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Hey Chris, can you please come back and put the Lore team back on track?

Because this war campaign in terms of Lore and character consistency has been a train wreck since the beginning.

By the way, we miss the old Thrall (the pre cataclysm one, i must add), and we need you to bring him back
    By "we" you mean "I". Stop pretending you speak for others that yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Chris Metzen: Warlords of Draenor was his baby. Now he's retired. Let that sink in.
    He also developed the plot for Legion, which WoD led into. Legion was also his baby, and a great expansion to conclude his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    By "we" you mean "I". Stop pretending you speak for others that yourself.
    Hold your horses, pal. No need to talk like that.

I'm a Metzen fan, and that's not just the nostalgia talking. The guy has made some choices that I simply respect, and his work has more often than not been solid.

With that being said, I'm having a real hard time not looking at Acti-Blizz through exclusively cynical glasses. Blizzard's values might be the same as always at the core, but values count for precious little when one's actions doesn't back them up. What I am seeing, and have been seeing for some time now, is a company losing touch with its own legacy and community. As much as I'd love to simply offer good faith and trust that things will turn around, I need some sort of sign for that to happen. Chris Metzen won't cut it this time.

Chris Metzen has done them no favours by speaking out.

If i was an investor i would be like 'If the guy who has a statue outside the building is speaking about rough patches then i can read between the lines to see thats things are way worse than what is genuinely known'

Though he is no longer at Blizz he will always be the face of Blizz similar to Walt Disney and imagine if he said the same thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    People always want to rage first and think later. Let’s just hope blizzard stays on a good path. I been playing wow since retail and I still enjoy it which is insane so i dont know...i think they’ll be fine they always have made shit right.