Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really foudn this show a slog to get through, finally watched it all but I felt like I had to drag myself into getting through it. I do like some of the clever twists and turns the show had. But overall it was pretty okay. I just wish I could have enjoyed it as much as everyone else, because I did try
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Just finished the 2nd season and found it a lot better than the first.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

When it came out I watched the first episode, liked the idea, but for some reason never got back into it. Until a few days ago, just finished S1 last night and am a few episodes into S2, I will finish S2 soon. I really liked it. I liked the characters, I thought Five was great, the kid who played him did a fantastic job. It had some heart when it needed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to rewatch season 1 before watching season 2 and I must say I enjoyed it a lot more than the first time. I remember thinking the pacing was really slow the first time around but in rewatching it, I think I understood what they were going for. I originally came at it expecting a superhero show but this really isn't that. This is a show about family drama and in that regard, it works quite well. Now to watch season 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying the second season also more than the first, perhaps now the characters are know, there's a bit of a back story and maybe that you now have all stories working together to form a single storyline where as the first season existed out of multiple origin stories woven into each other so an entire episode focussed more on one of the six than the others.

Or simply the production value and acting is better as the actors have now settled into their role better and the writers fine tuned the script. The soundtrack from what i have seen so far is also well done a mixture between songs from that era and covers of newer pop songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying how the characters make everything worse.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    I'm enjoying how the characters make everything worse.
    As 5 puts it, you could argue that most of them are idiots that happen to have world-altering powers lol.
    Vanya triggers an apocalypse everywhere she goes and doesn't really care about the bigger picture because she's focused on relationships. Diego is a stupid Batman that also doesn't see the bigger picture. Allison is self-detrimental with the bad timing of her power usage. Luther constantly makes the worst decisions as 'leader'. And Klaus... no comment - he's just a hedonist.
    I really hope they don't keep using the childhood trauma as an excuse in the 3rd season as well.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-08-03 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like in the first season, a couple episodes felt super sluggish and a tad pointless but I thought the dynamics between each of the siblings was vastly improved this season. Great seeing a lot more of Number Six (Ben) though it’d been nice to know how he died except a failed mission they were on. Him saving Vanya & co. while sacrificing himself was quite touching.

The soundtrack was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Just finished the 2nd season and found it a lot better than the first.
    I liked S2 more as well.

I liked season 2 overall, but Luther's getting the kick-the-dog treatment, the Vanya plotline was weak and felt like she was overly self-indulgent.

Klaus is great because he's such an unapologetic train-wreck of a human being. Allison's plotline was great, and Allison is gorgeous to boot.

Five, as usual, carries the show, that kid is amazing. I felt like Diego got stuck with the idiot ball an awful lot. Feels like between Luther and Diego they are going out of their way to subvert strong male characters. I haven't read the comic, so maybe that's the point.

But overall, I did enjoy it a lot.

I finished it but there were a lot of places where I fast forwarded it. For those among you who wondered who the head Swede
    reminded you of the answer is..................the late Country Music Star Porter Wagoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My biggest issue with season 2 was Five saying nucular instead of nuclear. Dude is supposed to be smart. So... 9/10?
    I've heard Harvard professors say "eckcetera", so... ¬_¬

Anyway, I didn't really like the whole "the world is going to end" shtick being the driving force AGAIN in S2. I also really hate this period BS and time travel in general. Done to death, and not that fun to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going back to give this show a second chance.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    just finished season 2, enjoyed it and can't wait to see season 3

One thing I thoroughly don't understand.

If Reginald was an alien, and he commit suicide, and there was an autopsy (IN season 1 Diego shows the autopsy photo), wouldn't it have been known and surely leaked that he was an alien? This leads me to believe he did not commit suicide in the original timeline and likely faked his death. Or maybe I am tinfoil hating and this is just a loophole.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post

If Reginald was an alien, and he commit suicide, and there was an autopsy (IN season 1 Diego shows the autopsy photo), wouldn't it have been known and surely leaked that he was an alien? This leads me to believe he did not commit suicide in the original timeline and likely faked his death. Or maybe I am tinfoil hating and this is just a loophole.
    In the original timeline weren’t Majestic 12 alive? Maybe they covered it up or if he was an alien maybe he figured out how to hide such a thing?

Just finished s2,its a pretty decent series,but my gosh does five carry so much of it

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    In the original timeline weren’t Majestic 12 alive? Maybe they covered it up or if he was an alien maybe he figured out how to hide such a thing?
    would they be alive? he killed them for killing Kennedy and the original time line Kennedy is dead.
    im thinking either he pulled a fast one and used a clone in his place, or he got pogo and MoM to destroy the body before anyone else could examine him.

im sure we will find out in season 3. why does it have to be at least a year away?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Just finished s2,its a pretty decent series,but my gosh does five carry so much of it
    I mean let's be real, Five is the only good character in that show.

It's Fivebrella Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post

Nope I think you are on track, he faked it.