Happy to see D Jones does well during his first starter game, need to see him against top tier teams tho.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Happy to see D Jones does well during his first starter game, need to see him against top tier teams tho.
    NFL Network highlights mentioned that Eli was 0-45 in his career when trailing by 18 points, now Jones is 1-0.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF another inexplicable 4th down failure. What are NFL coaches smoking this week? Going for it on 4th and long, going for two in the first quarter.... madness...
    /s

Hurray, the Falcons decide to not show up and play until the second half...

I think I'll find something else to do on Sundays instead of wasting time on this crap... ***sigh***

So, went straight from the Bills home opener, to D&D DMing, so haven't had time to comment much today:

Bills, 3-0, still a bit worried that we haven't had the killer instinct to put away teams we're playing much better than, twice (Jets, and this week against the Bengals). But Josh led game-winning TDs inside the 4th in both games, so GG. He had an INT, and a fumble which should have counted for the Bengals but wasn't. Also a phantom holding call on a Bengals return TD negated an early TD for the Bengals.

The real test is next week. The Ralph will be loud, @xskarma, I hope you're ready. First time the Pats and Bills have ever faced each other both unbeaten this "far" into the season.

How the hell did the Giants come back and win the game?

I heard Rosen looked decent in the first half of the Dolphins/Cowboys game, kept it close, WRs dropped balls so they only got 6 points.....and then the wheels fell off in the 2nd half. Would love the analysis of someone who watched the game. Bills at Dallas on Thanksgiving shaping up to be a good game.

Man, Lions over Philly, what is happening this year?

The Browns could be really good. If they had an O-line. Baker Mayfield developing happy feet in a hurry. Can see him abandon the pocket ever earlier while this game went on. He doesn't trust his protection at all.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The Browns could be really good. If they had an O-line. Baker Mayfield developing happy feet in a hurry. Can see him abandon the pocket ever earlier while this game went on. He doesn't trust his protection at all.
    Aaron Donald has had this effect in the past.
    /s

The suspense is certainly being built up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

If only Baker had any amount of time at all.

Tbh I watched the Bucs vs Giants highlights, the Bucs kicker really stinks... missed a 20 yardish kick and 34 yard... wow...

Giants actually really lacks in the CB/Safety department, they need Ramsey lol... OL really bad too.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    I forget sometimes that the 49ers are 3-0 and the Steelers are 0-3. This is setting up to be one of the weirder seasons in recent memory.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This is setting up to be one of the weirder seasons in recent memory.
    And then in January the Patriots, Chiefs, Rams and Packers are in the Conference Finals and almost nothing will have changed, when you really get down to it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    And then in January the Patriots, Chiefs, Rams and Packers are in the Conference Finals and almost nothing will have changed, when you really get down to it.
    Man I want to say Rams-Saints there for the full "nothing really changed" but boy that seems hard to envision right now without Brees.

But given how the NFC South looks this year he could come back at 2-6 and still somehow pull this team into the playoffs.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

People are raving about DeMarcus Robinson now, but what they forget is that he was first round talent that dropped due to a lot of off-field issues. ("Of course he had off field issues, he played at Florida!")

Julio Jones has four touchdowns in three games we ready to remove that stigma from him? ("Or will he compensate by just not scoring for the rest of the season.")

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    People are raving about DeMarcus Robinson now, but what they forget is that he was first round talent that dropped due to a lot of off-field issues. ("Of course he had off field issues, he played at Florida!")
    Maybe the Dolphins will sign him to a ridiculous contract like they did Albert Wilson.
    /s

No way. Derrick Carr on his best day, with the contract he has, is not going to get a 2nd or 3rd.
    Some team will need a QB for a post season run before the deadline, if we're going to tank we might as well play Glennon/Kizer/Peterman.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Always throw out week 1 when evaluating teams. NFL teams often aren't quite ready to play week 1. And they dominated the Jets game. Baker Mayfield looks like Bret Favre. Favre was a great QB but would have stretches where he went into gunslinger mode and fired it to the other team too many times. I see that in Baker Mayfield.
    You're correct about week 1, but its just the way they lost that game that was concerning; penalties (34 for 300 + yard in 3 games so far), Baker running for his life, Kitchens looking in over his head. I'd also hardly call the Jets game dominating. Aside from the long pass to OBJ, it was shaky. Which is cool, a win is a win, especially by 20. And then last night essentially epitomized why the Browns will probably go 5-11: penalties, Baker running for his life, Kitchens looking in over his head.

I honestly feel the worst for Baker. Its obvious he's hearing ghosts, always bailing to his right at the first sign of trouble, something teams will pick up going forward. I seriously fear what Belichick is gonna do to Kitchens when they face off, if Kitchens isn't fired by then.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Man, Lions over Philly, what is happening this year?
    Philly is pretty much decimated by injuries (already)--down Malik Jackson/Jernigan/Darby/Alshon/DJax, etc. But mostly the fact that they turned the ball over and dropped 7 passes, including a game winning touchdown (for the 2nd week in a row). Some questionable officiating as well (shocker), but I can't blame that.

Related, for anyone who hasn't seen it: A guy was interviewed by the local news here because he was literally catching babies being thrown from a window from a burning building. The end of the interview is priceless (and NFL related):

https://twitter.com/NatalieEgenolf/s...53071421968384

This game's gonna end 3-0, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, 3-0 on offense I guess.

I just saw a commercial during this game with Mahomes pouring like a pound of ketchup on a steak. I know he's said that before, but I'm much more upset about that than anything that can happen in this game.

Keenum throwing pick sixes a little earlier than usual.
    /s