1. #2061
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,328
    Cam Newton admitted he hid the extent of his injury and wasn't capable of running in either of the two games he played.

    Duh.

    We all knew this, at least now he has admitted it and is focused on recovering instead of being the ghost we saw in weeks 1 & 2.
    /s

  2. #2062
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't wanna get my hopes up, but that sounds like a recipe for a slaughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’m not really joking, GB tends to own Dallas in these head to heads that happen more frequently than they should.
    Green Bay tends to win those games on offense flukes. Well okay except the one infamous game, we all know the one.

    But when I was trying to figure out where I think they end up, Dallas was a game I expected them to lose. If they win, I think it's because Dak regresses back to his usual self instead of what we saw in weeks 1 and 2.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Cam Newton admitted he hid the extent of his injury and wasn't capable of running in either of the two games he played.

    Duh.

    We all knew this, at least now he has admitted it and is focused on recovering instead of being the ghost we saw in weeks 1 & 2.
    This foot mess is starting to remind me a lot of Luck's shoulder, and not in a good way.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  3. #2063
    Legendary! Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,484
    My nuclear take that Cam doesn't play a game this year might be off by 2 games.

    Close enough.

  4. #2064
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    My nuclear take that Cam doesn't play a game this year might be off by 2 games.

    Close enough.
    I hope he comes back, I'm pretty sure they're better without him and I'm hoping they don't realize it.
    /s

  5. #2065
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    25,359
    First time this season I'm actually nervous for a game to be played. Steelers was whatever, first game of the season, never know what happens then, so wasn't too worried either way.

    But Patriots are banged up for this one and Bills have been playing fairly well. Going to be a rock fight again I suspect, with both defenses playing well so far this season. I would really really REALLY rather go into the rest of the season with an advantage up on the rest of the division, just in case these injuries continue to pile up.

  6. #2066
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,792
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    First time this season I'm actually nervous for a game to be played. Steelers was whatever, first game of the season, never know what happens then, so wasn't too worried either way.

    But Patriots are banged up for this one and Bills have been playing fairly well. Going to be a rock fight again I suspect, with both defenses playing well so far this season. I would really really REALLY rather go into the rest of the season with an advantage up on the rest of the division, just in case these injuries continue to pile up.
    Whoever loses this game is going to bet ROASTED by the media all week.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  7. #2067
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Whoever loses this game is going to bet ROASTED by the media all week.
    Fortunately the media isn't worth listening to.

    The Bills will be missing their rookie RB/Shady replacement as well as one of their better DTs (acl tear).

    Until the Bills prove they can compete with the best team in the league, I'll have to keep my optimism in check. I think they have as good of shot today vs NE than they have in quite a while. Buffalo cannot play well in only 3 out of 4 quarters (like their other games this season) and expect to win. Time to step up and play with the big boys.
    Last edited by dwightyo39; 2019-09-29 at 03:01 PM.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

  8. #2068
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    25,359
    Dont'a Hightower out for the Patriots. That's a huge defensive blow. Edelman and Burkhead active, but Edelman is said to quite possibly not take his usual number of snaps, depending on how his ribs hold up.

  9. #2069
    Lots of excited Washington fans running around today talking about how they’re about to crush the Giants.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  10. #2070
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Dont'a Hightower out for the Patriots. That's a huge defensive blow. Edelman and Burkhead active, but Edelman is said to quite possibly not take his usual number of snaps, depending on how his ribs hold up.
    If only I wasn't at work. Today would be a good day for day drinking and watching the 1st of 2 Bills games that are actually televised in my area this season (the other Being Thanksgiving vs Dallas).
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

  11. #2071
    Does fantasy football talk belong in this thread?

  12. #2072
    Herald of the Titans ProphetFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,818
    That raiders screen for a td looked so fake. Running at full height, having to bump his lineman out of the way so he could get speed. It was like a college game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

  13. #2073
    Wow, why Bills is playing this bad today...

  14. #2074
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,831
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    That raiders screen for a td looked so fake. Running at full height, having to bump his lineman out of the way so he could get speed. It was like a college game.
    This game doesn't seem real so far.

    But then again the Dolphins are also leading so clearly today is opposite's day.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  15. #2075
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Wow, why Bills is playing this bad today...
    Generally speaking they save their worst efforts for New England.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

  16. #2076
    Josh Norman limping off the field after he tried a face mask after getting beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  17. #2077
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Lots of excited Washington fans running around today talking about how they’re about to crush the Giants.
    Or are they excited that they may be getting a new coach?
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

  18. #2078
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Or are they excited that they may be getting a new coach?
    They genuinely thought this would be a blowout. Meanwhile, they’re down 14 and backed up against the endzone.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  19. #2079
    Lol Keenum can't even make that wide open pass.

  20. #2080
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Lol Keenum can't even make that wide open pass.
    The QB position has been a never ending rotation of mediocrity for DC. The sad part is their fans keep anointing people like RG3 as a generational solution. At some point they need to be realistic and hop off the hype train.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •