10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Which game? What player?
    Was in the Raiders/Packers. Ball was scooped off the ground, needed reviewing for the most obvious of misses.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Raiders traded Gareon Conley to the Texans for a 3rd round pick. Makes me curious what a team will give up for half a season of Chris Harris Jr now.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Was in the Raiders/Packers. Ball was scooped off the ground, needed reviewing for the most obvious of misses.
    I'm guessing the call went Green Bays right or wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...mar_hell_yeah/

This makes me really pissed off. Not because the Ravens ran it up our asses that play, but because Pete Carroll used to do this shit, the exact same scenario happened in the NFCCG not just at USC in college. Now hes punting on 4th and 3 in enemy territory and going on the radio today to defend that choice. Big balls Pete is now shriveled up cowardly Pete. I am sick of it.
    Sometimes I wish that they would take punting out of the game and make you have to go for it on 4th down. Or you get a certain number of punts per game. Take out the kickers all together too. No more hey we almost made it!!! Let's get the "everyone gets a trophy" 3 points.

The game is called football because the players run around on their feet not the back of a horse! It has nothing to do with how you move the ball on the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots at the Jets. Flash Gordon out. Burkhead out, Chung out. Bennett suspended. TE's except Watson out. Going to be tough sledding.

- - - Updated - - -

Rust by Watson and bad chemistry there. NOt a good look. Long 3rd down coming up.

I find it amazingly strange that the Jets got two MNF games before week 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that drive certainly went better than expected after that 3rd and long. Jets not really bringing pressure yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Watson and Brady not perturbed by the early drop. They have been connecting a few times now on crucial downs.

- - - Updated - - -

That was one hell of a catch and throw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go figure, pats go for it on 4th and 7 despite not converting any 4th downs this season and convert. Then score next play.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright just give us the star wars trailer so I can turn this off.

Imagine thinking this would be a game.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Raiders traded Gareon Conley to the Texans for a 3rd round pick. Makes me curious what a team will give up for half a season of Chris Harris Jr now.
    Raiders were lucky to get a 3 for Conley, I was kind of surprised LA wasn't in on Harris, but they traded all their decent picks away already.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Imagine thinking this would be a game.
    I thought it would be, cause the Pats have been struggling on offense and the Jets usually play the Patriots tough at home. Oops.

Another INT. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The NFL needs a mercy rule.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Darnold should just spike it into the ground on every play, nobody would notice a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking Patriots challenging a completed pass up 33-0 in the 4th, what a bunch of douche bags.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Patriots at the Jets. Flash Gordon out. Burkhead out, Chung out. Bennett suspended. TE's except Watson out. Going to be tough sledding.

- - - Updated - - -

Rust by Watson and bad chemistry there. NOt a good look. Long 3rd down coming up.
    Your hand-wringing every week is quite hilarious. Try rooting for an actually bad team once and see how your nerves are, lol.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So we're all in agreement at this point Gase is one and done, right?

He's got his QB out there seeing ghosts at this point, this team is sunk. If he wasn't a first year guy I'd be checking when the Jets have their bye.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just in case I didn't shit on the Falcons enough, OTC had a nice article about their 2020 cap situation:

https://overthecap.com/the-atlanta-f...tlook-in-2020/

The issue with spending $146.7 million on your Top 10 is an over-reliance on accepting sub-optimal players on the rest of the roster due to costs. Atlanta already has $3 million in dead money costs next year with potentially more dead money charges to come considering the need to get under the cap next year.

If the salary cap is $200 million, the Falcons have $51 million, or just 25.5% of the cap, to spend on the 43 other roster spots. That’s just $1.19 million or 0.59% of the cap per player to invest.

The team currently has just 40 players under contract AND they’re already projected to be over by $18.3 million when factoring in draft picks!

After the Top 10 players, the team has 12 players making over $1 million. When factoring in those 12 players, the Top 22 cap hits for the Falcons consume all but $1.95 million of a $200 million cap.

So an NFL team has 53 players on a roster, the Falcons are spending $198.05 million on 22 players, plus dead money. This leaves the team with $1.95 million for 31 players, which leaves $62,903 per player.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Just in case I didn't shit on the Falcons enough, OTC had a nice article about their 2020 cap situation:

https://overthecap.com/the-atlanta-f...tlook-in-2020/
    Jesus where is that money going besides Ryan and Julio?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Your hand-wringing every week is quite hilarious. Try rooting for an actually bad team once and see how your nerves are, lol.
    Don't worry, his time will be coming soon enough when Brady and Belichick are gone

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Falcons just cleared $6.5 million cap space for 2020 by trading Sanu.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I used to root for a soccer team that was in and out of relegation for most of my youth before finding some success for a few years, before creeping back to being bad again. I know perfectly well how to root for a bad team tyvm.

Patriots traded for Sanu from the Falcons, which should fill the hole that Antonio Brown was supposed to fill. Apparently Patriots had been trying to get Sanu since the Draft. He's signed through next year too so that should alleviate some of the receiver problems the Patriots have had for the time being.

For the Patriots it means yet another Rutgers player from the Schiano era. Still weird that we never found out what the problem was with Schiano and why he quit in the off season.

10+ Year Old Account
    HoF Raiders Cornerback Willie Brown has passed away.

More recently known for reminding us all about Mother's Day* every year during the draft.

*American version anyway.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.