The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    You think Foles to Jacksonville is a done deal?

- - - Updated - - -

"Steelers keep team captain and also re-sign OG Ramon Foster for two years, a source confirms. RT @Adamschefter: Steelers and Pro-Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey have agreed to a three-year deal, averaging $11 million a year, making him the NFL’s highest-paid center, per source."

Steelers investing in their O-line.
    I think it's all but a done deal. Just running down the draft, there's only two teams left with a guaranteed Day 1 job opening for Foles and that's Jacksonville and Miami. Everybody else already has their guy, has a rookie/2nd year, or has a bridge QB.

And I just feel Foles is going to go to the team that thinks they're a league-average QB away from returning to a deep AFC Playoff run over the team that feels like they're 50-50 either a few years away or heading headfirst to another rebuild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Antonio Brown to the Bills is the latest reporting.
    "Oh you say you don't need Football anymore? Let's see if you really don't by sending you to one of the worst teams out there."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I can imagine Josh Allen chucking balls downfield to Antonio Brown all day though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, we've been idly speculating about where he'd go for weeks, but Buffalo sports radio has been convinced that Beane/McDermott believe too much in "culture" and "the process" to go out and get this guy. It's gonna be a mixed reaction tomorrow for sure.

Now the question is: what's the cost? How I feel about it depends on what we gave up for him. If we gave up the 9th pick in the draft, I'mma be pissed. Wild speculation right now involves LeSean McCoy and some lower pick, but idk.
    That seems to be what DJ thinks could happen.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/st...82027240062978

- - - Updated - - -

What I want to know, if it is the Bills (AB apparently called the story "Fake News" on instagram), were they the team supposedly "bidding against themselves" or did they come in at the last moment and snipe this trade from the raiders someone else?

I think we'll be able to judge that once we see what they gave up. Rapaport on some follow-up tweets said that Brandon Beane had been super stealthy on doing this.........so it seems like maybe that one team WASN'T bidding against itself, but bidding against the BIlls, and everyone's sources only had the one team bidding?

I'll tell you this: since Beane became GM, literally nothing has leaked out of One Bills Drive. They operate like fucking Navy SEALs. Nobody has had advanced warning about anything they've done in the past two years, like the Josh Gordon signing, or the Kelvin Benjamin trade/eventual release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we'll be able to judge that once we see what they gave up. Rapaport on some follow-up tweets said that Brandon Beane had been super stealthy on doing this.........so it seems like maybe that one team WASN'T bidding against itself, but bidding against the BIlls, and everyone's sources only had the one team bidding?

I'll tell you this: since Beane became GM, literally nothing has leaked out of One Bills Drive. They operate like fucking Navy SEALs. Nobody has had advanced warning about anything they've done in the past two years, like the Josh Gordon signing, or the Kelvin Benjamin trade/eventual release.
    If it is a pick swap I wonder what the Bills are going after. Clearly they must not think pass rusher is a big need. Pulling up nfl.com's mock drafts here obviously the need at WR is gone. Down in the neighborhood of 20 you're probably talking an OLineman or a CB/S.

Also as a fan of a team with a major pass rush need picking outside the top 10 I'm starting to sweat that all the sure thing guys are going to be gone. That after the two QBs it's just Rusher, Rusher, Rusher, Rusher, Rusher.... Because for sure that's what the Steelers would be trading up for.

- - - Updated - - -

So according to twitter this is 10 years to the day that the Bills landed Owens.

Fun historical fact while we wait to find out what the damage is.

If they traded down to 20, it's probably for some OL they think will drop. We were kinda aiming for Jawaan Taylor at 9, but there'll still be real quality OLine in the 20s.

There's no way we traded the #9 pick for AB and the Steeler's 2nd rounder. Trading 9 for 20+AB is straight up overpaying since normally moving up from 20 to 9 involves a 1st rounder and people were offering 2nds and 3rds for AB.

But in a draft which is deep in the positions you need (WR, OL), the sting of going to 9 to 20 seems diminished.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way we traded the #9 pick for AB and the Steeler's 2nd rounder. Trading 9 for 20+AB is straight up overpaying since normally moving up from 20 to 9 involves a 1st rounder and people were offering 2nds and 3rds for AB.

But in a draft which is deep in the positions you need (WR, OL), the sting of going to 9 to 20 seems diminished.
    That's why I feel if it's a straight pick swap the Bills felt they could get the same guy they wanted at 9, and also AB. So most likely it's an OL.

So apparently it wasn't just one team bidding against themself, because apparently the Packers were interested.
    https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...99737210548226

I'm once again pulling my hair out that the Packers think their problem is pass catchers and not pass rushers, but hopefully this means they will make some kind of a splash move in free agency. Heck trade for Justin Houston I say.

Defense is dead, bruh! Forget the score of the Super Bowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defense is dead, bruh! Forget the score of the Super Bowl.
    I've been very well acquainted with the fact it's not dead. I've assembled a rather sad portfolio I call "Times the Packers defense collapsed in the playoffs." The highlight is still that NFC Championship against the Seahawks where they gave up what was it like 16 points in the final 5 minutes + OT?

Honestly I feel like this is seller's remorse on Jordy Nelson last season. Or maybe an admission that the THREE. PICKS. spent on WR last draft so far look to be largely middling guys and probably a bust in there.

The top 3 DVOA defenses last year included the Bills and Ravens, both of whom don't really have elite pass rushers. I mean, Jerry Hughes is great, I love him, but come on.

Also, I love ESB, don't worry, he'll be better this year. WRs have a slow transition. And I went to Boston College, so I normally hate Notre Dame guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ahhhhhhh, okay. That makes more sense. That's still quite unexpected fro a fullback though. Good for him.
    Kuhn was their goalline guy for a long time. If they absolutely needed a yard he'd come in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

What a fucking dark day to be a Buffalonian.

Word is that the deal was in place, and AB/Drew Rosenhaus (the agent) blew the deal up because AB didn't want to go to Buffalo.

As someone who grew up here in Buffalo, left for 16 years to go to school in Boston and work in places like NYC and Baltimore, and moved back in 2015, I can understand the lack of appeal in coming to the actual physical city of Buffalo. But don't tell me Buffalo is any worse than Green Bay as a city. Or that it's much worse than Pittsburgh or Detroit or Nashville. It's the team the dude is shying away from. Green Bay has had two hall of fame QBs back-to-back, and was a storied franchise back in the 60s - that's why they can attract people. Nothing more, nothing less.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone make me a GIF of that scene in Fresh Prince where Will's father walks out on him and Will rages for a bit and then cries out "Why don't he want me, man?" as Uncle Phil comforts him. Will Smith as "the city of Buffalo," Will's dad as A.B..........Uncle Phil as........?

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: And the little statue Will was gonna give his dad as "the grave of Antonio Brown's Bills career."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its gonna be something of a wake-up call for Brown that good teams aren't really willing to take the risk on him, he might have overdone it in his zeal to burn all his bridges with the Steelers.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again the Raiders and their giant cap space black hole that threatens to consume the NFLPA were used by teams as a means to drive up their asking price.

This is why I didn't buy the stories that we were in, if I had a dollar for every big name to the Raiders story, I'd be able to afford those players we're always linked with and win back to back Lombardis.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The #Browns are sending G Kevin Zeitler to NYG in exchange for #Giants pass-rusher Olivier Vernon" - Rapoport

That's an interesting trade. I think both guys are in the last year of their deals, so this is a sort of affordable way to try out some guys you think may be able to help your team.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, apparently not. Zeitler has 3 years left on his deal and Vernon 2 (not including the season that's about to start).

Interesting way for both teams to adress their needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohhhh, picks too.

"The #Giants are sending pick 132 (fourth round) to the #Browns and getting 155 back." - Garafolo

Jags are releasing Malik Jackson and Carlos Hyde, probably so they can afford to sign Foles.

I never buy anything Rapoport says when he is the only one reporting it until it actually happens. He is wrong way too often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Jags are releasing Malik Jackson and Carlos Hyde, probably so they can afford to sign Foles.

I never buy anything Rapoport says when he is the only one reporting it until it actually happens. He is wrong way too often.
    Both are long rumored cuts, Hyde because they don't need him at all, and Malik because all his guaranteed money is gone.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I think its gonna be something of a wake-up call for Brown that good teams aren't really willing to take the risk on him, he might have overdone it in his zeal to burn all his bridges with the Steelers.
    I think it goes the otherway. Knowing the Steelers have no desire to trade him to a good team, he becomes an even bigger headache trying to get released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post

T Jeffery Parnell and S Tashaun Gipson too.

- - - Updated - - -

RIP. That means Trey Flowers is pretty much sure to be gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Patriots make out like bandits again. Trade a 5th rounder NEXT YEAR, for Bennett and a 7th rounder next year. So we basically got Michael Bennett for free from the Eagles.

- - - Updated - - -

Rams lock up a quality safety. Good get.