And the refs, once again, completely blow a fumble return for a TD by blowing the play dead. Have they not learned to keep the play going yet? How many times are they going to screw this up?

10+ Year Old Account
    And now robbed of a possible TD cause the refs blew a play dead that should never be called dead. Just great.

He definitely wasn't at the 40 at least. About the first down though, there was not enough to overturn it. It was close though.

If we're talking about bullshit ref calls....That late hit running out of bounds into the cooler just before it. Hmm.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    That's the most bullshit ref call all game. He was significantly before the first down marker.
    Also doesn't matter. Even that call went in the Patriots favor, they still need a miracle to win.

The Patriots have no offense. They aren't going anywhere.

These aren't the Patriots of 2007 or even last year. They have a decent defense, but no offense.

The Ravens are going to basically walk to the Super Bowl as there is no AFC team capable of beating them in their home stadium right now. Maybe if the were in Foxboro or Buffalo in the middle of January, they could lose. But, even if somehow they don't host (which is nearly impossible as they have beaten all 3 other division leaders, plus Buffalo who will win the AFC East if the Patriots don't).

Ravens are going to win the AFC this season, unless Lamar breaks a leg or something to that affect.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Also doesn't matter. Even that call went in the Patriots favor, they still need a miracle to win.
    Brady and Belichick have delivered miracles before. If the refs hadn't screwed us several times, we would have been down 3 with most of the quarter to play.

All we need is 1 or 2 good defensive stops really.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Most of them don't remember the pre-Brady days.

The Patriots suck right now. I can't watch the game because I am just tired this season.

I will be surprised if they win the division, to be honest at this point. Since the Ravens game, they have basically collapsed.
    Oh brother give me a fucking break. 10-2 and they suck? Still in this game btw. Yup they suck

- - - Updated - - -

You Pats fans blow my mind. It is so funny to read this shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh brother give me a fucking break. 10-2 and they suck? Still in this game btw. Yup they suck
    Yeah, a 10 and 2 team can suck. Just like a 2 and 10 team can be great team.

I don't just look at records. The Patriots won with their defense, but if their defense isn't playing their best, their offense is struggling ... therefor, they suck.

Yes, bad calls will happen, but the Patriots offense sucks right now and their defense isn't playing to their best.

So yes, they suck. Even if they manage to pull out a win, they still will not beat Baltimore in Baltimore.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the Chiefs hold on suddenly the AFC picture looks a lot more open. Bills suddenly have life in the division race, Chiefs suddenly have life in the race for a bye, Pats suddenly look... Bad?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    They have a 10-2 record because the beginning of their schedule was front loaded with dumpster fire teams incapable of exploiting the offensive issues they have. Even accounting the past few games, a lot of metrics still rate the patriots favorably because of the shitty teams they killed at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    They have a 10-2 record because the beginning of their schedule was front loaded with dumpster fire teams incapable of exploiting the offensive issues they have. Even accounting the past few games, a lot of metrics still rate the patriots favorably because of the shitty teams they killed at the start of the season.
    Yeah that I can agree with, but they don't "suck". They have some glaring issues that are well known now, but suck? Yeah no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Pats suddenly look... Bad?
    Eh. If the refs hadn;t screwed us out of a TD, we could have had a FG at the end here to tie it up, which would have put it in Mahomes hands to win the game. They still might have won, but we held them to a FG all half so that's not a given. I would have liked our chances.

The offense is incremently looking better these past few weeks. Hopefully we can get better the next few weeks too and we might have a presentable offense by the time the playoffs roll around.

That game in 2 weeks against Buffalo looms large though. HAVE to win that one.

- - - Updated - - -

They have a 10-2 record because the beginning of their schedule was front loaded with dumpster fire teams incapable of exploiting the offensive issues they have.
    We also didn't have a million injuries at that point yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that I can agree with, but they don't "suck". They have some glaring issues that are well known now, but suck? Yeah no.
    Not with Belichick coaching.

Just funny to think a few weeks ago people on twitter were meming on Belichick and Brady saying in interviews that they had a lot of work to do. They were lossless at the time, but just weird how fans think that because you're a winning team you can kick back and relax.

Yeah they also doesn't have Gronk, but never count the Patriots out.

Not with Belichick coaching.

Just funny to think a few weeks ago people on twitter were meming on Belichick and Brady saying in interviews that they had a lot of work to do. They were lossless at the time, but just weird how fans think that because you're a winning team you can kick back and relax.
    I just find it mind blowing their supposed fans are booing a 10-2 team that had a chance to win that game vs KC. Their 'fans' are claiming they suck. It is so fucking stupid.

The NBC announcer on the Seahawks: "They lead the league in nail biters."

Yuuuup.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this camera is way too close to the field. Making me sick.

I just find it mind blowing their supposed fans are booing a 10-2 team that had a chance to win that game vs KC. Their 'fans' are claiming they suck. It is so fucking stupid.
    It's because their fanbase mainly consists of bandwagon sackdrainers who never rooted for them in the pre Belichick/Brady era. They are as soulless as fans can be. Seahawks "12s" are very similar.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    It's because their fanbase mainly consists of bandwagon sackdrainers who never rooted for them in the pre Belichick/Brady era. They are as soulless as fans can be. Seahawks "12s" are very similar.
    That's fair for sure. It is like the Cowboys bandwagoners in the 90s and the America's Team crap. Some of the Pats fans might not be old enough to even remember bad times though!

Do I think some of the people spouting off shit like "we suck" and booing are fairweather fans? Sure. A majority? Not likely either really.

I think in some ways you truly have to suffer through some bad times to appreciate just how amazing your team can be when they are good though. I've seen some horrid Saints teams but damn if watching them now isn't fun as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defense has reverted to its September/October self. Gonna be a dumb game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If the Chiefs hold on suddenly the AFC picture looks a lot more open. Bills suddenly have life in the division race, Chiefs suddenly have life in the race for a bye, Pats suddenly look... Bad?
    Patriots are still a game ahead, they'd need to a) lose to the Bills, and then b) somehow lose a game to the Bengals/Dolphins. And we'd need to run the table @ the Steelers, @ the Patriots, and the Jets.

We really needed to win against Baltimore to be even with them this week, so we could move ahead if we beat them.