Anyone know why Adrian Peterson didn't make the NFL 100 All Time list?

And our 4th kicker just missed a must-have xp. Bleugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Marcus Cannon has turned back into a pumpkin this season. This is not the first game he's been bad. Hopefully it's due to injuries and he can get back to form with an off season of rehab and rest.

This is some awful time management from the Pats. Very unlike them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    This is some awful time management from the Pats. Very unlike them.
    I think they know the Texans won't give up the big plays that are needed to get back in this. They're just trying to take what the defense gives them without throwing the game away with an INT or fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think they know the Texans won't give up the big plays that are needed to get back in this. They're just trying to take what the defense gives them without throwing the game away with an INT or fumble.
    My point is that it has been a 6 minute drive with multiple running plays that are just draining the clock. On top of that they were also slow to the line many times to run the next play. They burned a timeout on that drive as well.

My point is that it has been a 6 minute drive with multiple running plays that are just draining the clock. On top of that they were also slow to the line many times to run the next play. They burned a timeout on that drive as well.
    Running plays = taking what the defense gives them

Huddling and taking time at the line = figuring out what the the best play call is against a defense that is notoriously tricky with Romeo Crennel

Pretty sure the Patriots knew this game was an almost impossible climb from the moment Watson scored his TD and are playing the percentages while not throwing the game.

lol and they get the TD. Did not expect this at all.

They still need the on side kick though, which is made at a historically low rate so.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit that was close.

Running plays = taking what the defense gives them
    Yeah sorry running plays isn't taking what the defense gives them. If the defense gives you a path to losing then I guess they took it.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit that was close.
    Yeah not really. Even if they did recover the ball they had little time with a TD needed.

Yeah not really. Even if they did recover the ball they had little time with a TD needed.
    The defense had just given up a TD in 50 seconds that covered more ground. They would have had plenty of time.

Not like they would have earned it after the way they played the rest of the game, but they would have had a legitimate shot.

*whispers* If the Bills beat the Ravens and Steelers, they'll be playing the Pats in week 16 for the division.

Big if, but I can dream til next Sunday at least.

Herald of the Titans ProphetFlume's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    *whispers* If the Bills beat the Ravens and Steelers, they'll be playing the Pats in week 16 for the division.

Big if, but I can dream til next Sunday at least.
    Look who suddenly believes in the Bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Meh, some of you treat us negative, or in my case "cautiously optimistic", Bills fans as bandwagoners because we haven't been acting like loud mouth Patriots fans all year. Truth be told, esch and I have been rooting for Buffalo longer than most of you have been alive.

It's just that the heartbreak of 4 SB losses, the Music city forward pass, and 15-20 years of failure afterwards, does a lot to keep our enthusiasm at a reasonable level.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Herald of the Titans ProphetFlume's Avatar
    At some point you're just finding excuses to not enjoy your team doing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

At some point you're just finding excuses to not enjoy your team doing well.
    Like I say, ad nauseam, I am cautiously optimistic about the Bills. The only contender they have played against this year, New England, they lost to in Buffalo. How well they play against Baltimore this coming weekend, Pittsburgh, and New England in NE, will tell me the truth about the Bills.

I like where that are going, but don't know if they are at that level yet.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

I was wrong, anyways. New England needs another loss for the division to be in play. Assuming we run the table (big assumption), we'd have the same head-to-head and the same division record (presumably 5-1), and they beat us in common games. That's where the Eagles and Browns losses really hurt, especially when you look at those teams and recognize you should have beat them.

Now, if we beat the Ravens next week and the Pats lose to the Chiefs next week - it's game on. And KC will want that win pretty bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally my family has season tickets since 1989 (this is our 30th year!) and I haven't missed a Bills home game since I was in college, which I graduated from in 2003.

Even when I was in law school in Boston, I had the money to make the hour flight on the weekends for Bills games.

I'm a diehard fan, but like I've said many times, I have faith in the idea, and not always the execution. Years of Rex Ryan, Doug Marrone, and various other fuck-ups made me cautious about McDermott, and outright skeptical of their franchise QB pick, but they're proving me wrong at every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I was wrong, anyways. New England needs another loss for the division to be in play. Assuming we run the table (big assumption), we'd have the same head-to-head and the same division record (presumably 5-1), and they beat us in common games. That's where the Eagles and Browns losses really hurt, especially when you look at those teams and recognize you should have beat them.

Now, if we beat the Ravens next week and the Pats lose to the Chiefs next week - it's game on. And KC will want that win pretty bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally my family has season tickets since 1989 (this is our 30th year!) and I haven't missed a Bills home game since I was in college, which I graduated from in 2003.

Even when I was in law school in Boston, I had the money to make the hour flight on the weekends for Bills games.

I'm a diehard fan, but like I've said many times, I have faith in the idea, and not always the execution. Years of Rex Ryan, Doug Marrone, and various other fuck-ups made me cautious about McDermott, and outright skeptical of their franchise QB pick, but they're proving me wrong at every turn.
    I can see KC winning, not sure about Buffalo over Baltimore though.

Foles back to being the league's highest paid backup.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Foles back to being the league's highest paid backup.
    Not that it means much on a team bound for nowhere. Their next coach might suddenly unlock Big Dick Nick again.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Pete must have loved the way his team tackled on that Vikings scoring drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Ridiculous pick six, and super terrible commentary from Booger as usual.
    /s

Is there anything Booger doesn't think is a really good play?

- - - Updated - - -

...and here is where it goes downhill.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh God, it's even worse than a turnover. The defense is already getting run over and now Diggs and Cook get hurt.

My favorite boogerism for the night has to be his comment about people around the NFL just starting to notice that Russell Wilson is pretty good, only took 11 MNF and 2 Superbowl appearances I guess.

saying that a 60 yard TD was probably a blown coverage is a pretty good one too
    Last edited by draynay; 2019-12-03 at 03:32 AM.
    /s