The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    It may be true or may not be true, but apparantly "its for a documentary" was a part of the excuses planned last time Spygate happened.

However, NFL seems to want to give the Pats the benefit of the doubt this time.
    Not going to lie if this is a conspiracy, good plan to do a real documentary the last season(s?) as cover.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

I live in Harford County, Maryland and I have been a Ravens fan since 96; however, I work for Frito-Lay and if the Ravens make it to the Super Bowl the Forced Overtime is gonna kill me. It’ll be seven days a week for about two months (though they do have to give us off on our 22nd straight day no matter what) and I’m too old for that sort of thing! The paychecks will be nice, but the lower back pain won’t be.

So I’m in the awkward situation of hoping that the Ravens make it through the playoffs and go to the SB and also kinda hoping that they don’t.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Herald of the Titans ProphetFlume's Avatar
    I had no idea the Jets had 5 wins this year. That's a shocker.

- - - Updated - - -

This is actually looking like a good game. Darnold had mono, Belle had the flur, yet the Jets are playing their best all season.

That earlier penalty by the Jets lineman was shitty but still worth it. He either hangs back and lets his QB get hit late for a first down and extra penalty yardage, or stop him and get penalized yourself. I'd rather protect my franchise QB than save a drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleloron View Post
    I live in Harford County, Maryland and I have been a Ravens fan since 96; however, I work for Frito-Lay and if the Ravens make it to the Super Bowl the Forced Overtime is gonna kill me. It’ll be seven days a week for about two months (though they do have to give us off on our 22nd straight day no matter what) and I’m too old for that sort of thing! The paychecks will be nice, but the lower back pain won’t be.

So I’m in the awkward situation of hoping that the Ravens make it through the playoffs and go to the SB and also kinda hoping that they don’t.
    Well you're in luck, because if Lamar wins the MVP or the Ravens end the season as the top team, their odds of winning the Super Bowl decrease drastically! (Because, historically, the top offense and the MVP haven't fared well in the modern Super Bowl era).

He needed firing, he's been a good coach before, but he has fallen into an ultra conservative quagmire. Also I'm judging him against his very sorry predecessor.
    You think this is the end of Cam in Carolina as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I thought that before and now it's even more likely.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I had no idea the Jets had 5 wins this year. That's a shocker.

- - - Updated - - -

This is actually looking like a good game. Darnold had mono, Belle had the flur, yet the Jets are playing their best all season.

That earlier penalty by the Jets lineman was shitty but still worth it. He either hangs back and lets his QB get hit late for a first down and extra penalty yardage, or stop him and get penalized yourself. I'd rather protect my franchise QB than save a drive.
    The 5 wins is the only thing at this point keeping Adam Gase employed.

Well okay that and the fact the Jets technically don't have an owner until 2021 (hopefully).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Their coach hire is going to be interesting. I was doing some mental gymnastics to try and figure out where McCarthy might fit this cycle and the takeaway I had from the exercise was that Greg Roman is going to be the next coach of the Carolina Panthers.

If it's not him or some hotshot college spread guy, Cam's probably done. Cam needs a very specific kind of coach at this point to work as a QB.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

I thought that before and now it's even more likely.
    I'm almost thinking that Cam is on his way to a backup role somewhere for two-three years then retired.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The 5 wins is the only thing at this point keeping Adam Gase employed.

Well okay that and the fact the Jets technically don't have an owner until 2021 (hopefully).

- - - Updated - - -

Their coach hire is going to be interesting. I was doing some mental gymnastics to try and figure out where McCarthy might fit this cycle and the takeaway I had from the exercise was that Greg Roman is going to be the next coach of the Carolina Panthers.

If it's not him or some hotshot college spread guy, Cam's probably done. Cam needs a very specific kind of coach at this point to work as a QB.
    True. Lamar Jackson cam isn't. Someone will be desperate and pick him up.

Cam's days as a franchise QB may be over, but opportunities abound, lots of QBs nearing the end of their careers, teams lacking confidence in their current QBs and maybe not wanting to go for a 2nd contract, something will come up.
    /s

Herald of the Titans ProphetFlume's Avatar
    Imagine getting cut for saying retard. Pretty retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

They've been dying to cut that guy, an absolute FA signing disaster. Based on his reaction he was pretty thrilled to get cut too.

- - - Updated - - -

Ryan Tannehill is a good comparison for Newton, a franchise QB with injury troubles, chose the best place to backup, behind a brittle Mariota, and has completely turned things around with unbelievable play the past couple months. Better than vanishing like RG3.
    /s

They've been dying to cut that guy, an absolute FA signing disaster. Based on his reaction he was pretty thrilled to get cut too.

- - - Updated - - -

Ryan Tannehill is a good comparison for Newton, a franchise QB with injury troubles, chose the best place to backup, behind a brittle Mariota, and has completely turned things around with unbelievable play the past couple months. Better than vanishing like RG3.
    The fact Tannehill left Gase and went from "washed up" to "franchise QB" coupled with the fact that Sam Darnold is regressing to "washed up" in front of our eyes should be reason enough for Gase to never head coach again.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The fact Tannehill left Gase and went from "washed up" to "franchise QB" coupled with the fact that Sam Darnold is regressing to "washed up" in front of our eyes should be reason enough for Gase to never head coach again.
    I was telling my friend that a few weeks back. Gase is easily the worst HC in the NFL right now IMO. And the Titans are running play action nearly every play. Some offensive genius Gase is.

Gase is definitely bad, but Tannehill's main issue has always been health. I'm not sure how good we knew he was, but it was mainly because he couldn't stay on the field.

I heard something about Chase Young not going to next year NFL draft.

As a Giant fan I am very mad lol, missed Josh Allen LB and potentially this guy.

This game is going to "cure" all the Patriots offensive ills.

...for this week at least.

(Bengals are awful)

Chris Harris Jr continuing to get burned every game. He has been terrible this year.

I'm also convinced Colby Wadman is the worst punter in the league. He has trouble punting it 40 yards in Denver most of the time, and now completely missed the ball on this first punt today. Then again, special teams has been a mess for years and Dixon got better after leaving, so it could just be the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    (Bengals are awful)
    ...he said before the Bengals ripped of a text book drive on the Patriots supposedly good defense. Fuck me if this game is all played in mirror world where the offense is good but the defense fails. Not ready for that.

Nice to see Lockett back.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    I heard something about Chase Young not going to next year NFL draft.

As a Giant fan I am very mad lol, missed Josh Allen LB and potentially this guy.
    A TMZ reporter was asking him questions when he was just walking around in NYC before the Heisman ceremony. Chase Young indicated that his plan is to return to college for his senior year when he was asked about it.

Since he is still playing on a team trying to win a national championship, I'm not surprised he went with the loyalty option with his answer rather than create potential distractions for his team. IDK if anything he says about declaring for the draft or not should really be taken seriously until at least January.