The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So remember when Tom Coughlin said he didn't like optional offseason workouts being optional?

Apparently that extended to rehab and has turned into a big mess now for the Jags.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ffseason-rehab

This feels like the prelude to a full house cleaning in Jacksonville this offseason.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Brissett's scattershot arm is really helping us out.
    /s

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Last week the media seemed to universally agree that the Packers actually suck and it's a question how they managed to make it to 11-3.

They're a team that scores 21 points consistently, and wins if their defense can hold the other team under 21. Which it's been doing against like 75% of the League. Problem is the other 25% is teams like the 49ers, Seahawks, and Saints.

That's really their big bugaboo they need to solve. Either the defense needs to step from above average to elite (unlikely) or the offense needs to step from good to great (possible if they could find a reliable safety valve receiver).

Also apparently the reporting is "multiple" Browns players yelled at the Cardinals bench to "come get me."

Honestly Kitchens has flown under the radar as a coach that should probably be one and done, too. He's lost the locker room at this point.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/statu...54367601807360
    I imagine a lot of it is due to the fact that their best wins were a home game against the Vikings to start the season and a Mahomes-less Chiefs, followed by wins against the Cowboys and Bears. That coupled with 2 or their 3 losses being really bad (blowout by the Niners and Chargers) and a loss to the Eagles makes it easy to understand why they've been flying under the radar. It's really hard to gauge how good they really are.

On the bright side, we can pretty much give them the NFC North crown now because I don't see Cousins getting his first MNF win in a huge home game against the Packers. It's the kind of game the Vikings are renowned for choking in. Hell I think the Vikings will be lucky to beat the Bears in their last game. Would not surprise me in the least to see them drop their last two games and miss the playoffs. Would be very on-brand for them.
    Last edited by Brubear; 2019-12-17 at 04:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's so weird to me that an Aaron Rodgers-led Packers team is flying so far under the radar. Literally no one is talking about them with any conviction in the NFC. Hell, in re: NFC North, I hear more about the Vikings being good, and the Bears attempting to overcome Mitchell Trubisky's awfulness.
    Yeah I brought this up a few weeks ago, the truth is they're just not great. They're slightly above average in everything but turnovers, where I believe they have a strong +, and that's carried them to a misleading record.

But with Rodgers they always have the threat of going supernova at any moment. Most people forget that their SB winning year their D was top 5 (or better) and their O was meh until the last few weeks where they had to run the table and get lucky to even get in the playoffs.

Last week the media seemed to universally agree that the Packers actually suck and it's a question how they managed to make it to 11-3.

They're a team that scores 21 points consistently, and wins if their defense can hold the other team under 21. Which it's been doing against like 75% of the League. Problem is the other 25% is teams like the 49ers, Seahawks, and Saints.
    I would argue the Seahawks are just as mediocre as the Packers but have the ability to step up vs better teams, which the Packers lack. Like if they played each other in the playoffs I don't think it would be a great team vs a pretender.

What blows my mind atm is the Rams, Raiders, and Browns still being in playoff contention.

If Steelers make the playoffs Tomlin coach of the year easy.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2019-12-17 at 05:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Wow, Brees 29/30 tonight. Holy cow.

Also, the whole all-time touchdown record or whatever.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

My only complaint with my Saints and Brees game was having to watch it on MNF. I think if people were playing a drinking game and were to drink any time the word 'record' was said they would be dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it Brees who got penalized for delay of game because the NFL made cameramen run onto the field in the middle of downs and make a big show of him passing a record a year or two ago?

Oh I guess it turned out to be for "taunting" and no excessive celebration, and the flag was picked up anyway.

https://deadspin.com/refs-flag-exces...aks-1829613626
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2019-12-17 at 09:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, with 133 catches, Michael Thomas is only looking up at Antonio Brown & Julio Jones with 136, and Marvin Harrison with 143.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am sorry, I assumed that most people would understand the implied unfair.
    I have literally watched NFL games showing signals before. What are you talking about?
    And they quickly switch to something else.... why do most coaches cover their mouths now?

10+ Year Old Account
    After getting carved up by the all-time leader in passing yards, touchdowns, completions, and completion %, the Colts face Will Grier making his first career start.
    /s

Did a way to early mock draft with Atlanta picking #12 and doing just 4 rounds and I get this...

12 Joe Burrow, QB LSU <--- They need to fix their draft machine How does Burrow drop to 12???
    44 Terrell Lewis, EDGE Alabama
    61 Bryce Hall, CB Virginia
    76 Brandon Jones, S Texas
    108 Zack Moss, RB Utah

I thought Burrow being there at 12 was silly but how can you pass on him... Guess it is way too early to do these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Did a way to early mock draft with Atlanta picking #12 and doing just 4 rounds and I get this...

12 Joe Burrow, QB LSU <--- They need to fix their draft machine How does Burrow drop to 12???
    108 Zack Moss, RB Utah

I thought Burrow being there at 12 was silly but how can you pass on him... Guess it is way too early to do these things.
    Yeah that sounds busted. What site did you do your draft on?

10+ Year Old Account

108 Zack Moss, RB Utah

Geeze I haven't even looked at the draft yet. Let's change that.

For the sake of the argument let's say Burrow, Herbert, and Tua all come out. I'd probably rank Burrow 1, Tua 2nd (due to his injury), and Herbert 3.

Just dinking around with the ESPN Playoff Machine I get roughly this for the top 6:
    Cin
    NYG
    Det
    Miami
    Washington
    Arizona

Bengals are going QB for sure, Burrow probably fits the Sean McVay style well. Miami for sure is going QB and thanks to Burrow winning the Heisman they might actually still land Tua.

So pending a trade-up someone is probably sliding, my guess is whatever draft machine you used hasn't updated Burrow to be QB1 after winning the Heisman so it's still saying Tua and Herbert go ahead of him.

Actually looking at my projected finishes, Herbert probably falls to either Jacksonville or Carolina around picks 7-10.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2019-12-17 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see Hurts in the 1st also, his numbers are comparable to the last two Oklahoma QBs but with more running. Lamar Jackson was a late 1st.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    No changes for the Lions this offseason.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1207029151888216064

Not sure when this became a thing people were expecting. They're down to their third string QB, no way was this lost season on Patricia's coaching.

His seat for sure starts hot next season, though.

- - - Updated - - -

I could see Hurts in the 1st also, his numbers are comparable to the last two Oklahoma QBs but with more running. Lamar Jackson was a late 1st.
    Late 1st I could see there. Honestly he strikes me as a potential next Lamar Jackson/Patrick Mahomes. Drafted by a playoff team with a starter in place, sits for a year, then takes over.

10+ Year Old Account
    No changes for the Lions this offseason.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1207029151888216064

Not sure when this became a thing people were expecting. They're down to their third string QB, no way was this lost season on Patricia's coaching.

His seat for sure starts hot next season, though.
    They badly bungled Stafford's injury, got fined for it, and failed completely to find a replacement, that usually is a bad look. I could've seen them can the GM and then new GM would want his own coach, but also they're looking like a 3rd place team at best next year, so maybe they don't need to rush things?
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah that sounds busted. What site did you do your draft on?
    https://thedraftnetwork.com/

Josh Allen LB > Frank Clark luls

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    And they quickly switch to something else.... why do most coaches cover their mouths now?
    Because they are afraid of lip readers ... doesn't mean anything.
    They also cover their mouths with the play card which is often double sided.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code