15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Oh uh.

Bills
    Patriots
    NO
    Seattle
    Looks like I'm 2-0! Cause I picked the losing teams obviously.

>.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having the best team but losing the NFCC
    If they were the best team then why were they the #2 seed, hmmmmm?
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having the best team but losing the NFCC then getting injured the next season and sitting halfway through?
    Playing really great, not getting it done, deciding to come back, and your play falls directly into the toilet.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

My immediate thoughts on Brady's futures, in order of likelihood:

1) He plays for someone else.
    2) He plays for the Patriots.
    3) He retires.

I honestly don't believe he's wanna go out on a pick 6 to lose a playoff game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    My immediate thoughts on Brady's futures, in order of likelihood:

1) He plays for someone else.
    2) He plays for the Patriots.
    3) He retires.

Honestly I'd say it should go 2, 3, 1.

And I'd say 2 and 3 are about equal, 1 is waaaaayyyyyy last. Like if the Patriots had a hotshot backup I could see it. But they aren't going to be landing the next Tom Brady in this draft. If Brady wants to keep playing, and I think he'd be a fool to want to after how his play declined this season, it'll be in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

And I'd say 2 and 3 are about equal, 1 is waaaaayyyyyy last. Like if the Patriots had a hotshot backup I could see it. But they aren't going to be landing the next Tom Brady in this draft. If Brady wants to keep playing, and I think he'd be a fool to want to after how his play declined this season, it'll be in New England.
    They renegotiated Brady this past year to make his contract basically with one year outs every year, for both sides. BB isn't sentimental, he might try and dangle Tom for something good.

I don't think it would be Brady's decision to leave, but I believe the Patriots also have the right to opt out of the contract.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He probably didn't want to throw it either. And, yet, here we are.

This is totally worth watching my Eagles get their shit pushed in by the Seahawks tomorrow. Last cheesesteak of the season

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Yeah him being traded seems a long shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah him being traded seems a long shot.
    Who would want him? I get he has a legacy but he's not good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brady's contract is structured the same way as Brees' with additional years to spread out cap hit on signing bonus money. If he doesn't sign an extension by a certain date it will void and the bonus will go on to the cap as dead money. So no trades are necessary, either he re-signs or he becomes a free agent.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Well these are the quotes of a QB considering retirement for sure.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1213684369279324160

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He probably didn't want to throw it either. And, yet, here we are.

This is totally worth watching my Eagles get their shit pushed in by the Seahawks tomorrow. Last cheesesteak of the season
    You have the same pessimism that I have about the game but for the opposite result. After watching the Seahawks play the last 2 weeks, I'd say we really do need to step it up to beat the your Eagles.

Both teams are pretty equally hurt. It's going to be a slog for sure. I say you win by one score.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Who would want him? I get he has a legacy but he's not good.
    He's definitely not good anymore. But he was never incredible in the first place. He had a good team around him, with smart coaching. I've always thought Brees and Rogers were much better QBs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    4000 yards, 24 tds, 8 ints, passer rating of 88. He was mediocre, he had terrible receivers, and he was a bit banged up. I think they run it back one more time. Question is whether they can get him another reliable receiver.

Patriots just had a lot of things go imperfectly this year, after years of everything just seeming to always work out. If I'm Brady and/or Belichick, I'm sitting there thinking that the team is still right there, need to nail the offseason but the line after some upheaval now seems stable, the defense is very good, just need a few breaks to put them over the top.
    Honestly I almost feel like the Patriots were sitting there in November saying "We just need to wait for Gronk to get the itch again."

And then it never happened. Like getting a new Gronk has to be their #1 priority this offseason. No matter if Brady stays or retires. A big receiver that can be a threat underneath and in the red zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today was the best day of football this decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Brady needs to go ahead and retire. Its not like none of the AFC quarterbacks are going anywhere any time soon.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Brady needs to retire. At this point, I rather see the Patriots go 0 - 16 next season than have Brady come back.

Yes, his receivers weren't the greatest ... but he had played with worse and made it farther and looked better. He was never on the same page with his receivers even Julian Edelman and his chemistry felt off. In my opinion, the offense woes start and end with Brady.

However, I do know they had significant injuries that also alter than offense. Their running game was hurt when their FB went down. They didn't have their real starting center, etc ... but that doesn't excuse anything.

Honestly, I feel bad for the Bills because even though the Patriots beat them twice, I honestly think based on performances down the stretch, they were the better team in the AFC East.

Right now, I would love to see the Titans or Texans make the Super Bowl, but I don't see how either are going to beat the teams they play next week.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Today was the best day of football this decade.
    Yesterday was the only day of football this decade.

Vikings are driving the field but settling for field goals. Doesn't bode well for the second half since Zimmer tends to be bad at making adjustments.

They're doing better than I expected, but my expectations are still very low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lattimore can't cover shit today.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me this straight. You can drain an unlimited amount of time off the clock without running a single play, up to five minutes? The way it was explained was that you get an unsportsmanlike penalty after the straight delay of games, which is why they threw in false starts. That seems like a hugely overlooked rule.