The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Difference is Garropolo and Jackson can throw Tannehill not so much.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Herald of the Titans ProphetFlume's Avatar
    Good to see the Packers at least trying. McCarthy Packers had a habit of giving up after first halves like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

So crazy snap thought here.

Should Lafleur enter next season on the hot seat? If the Packers don't make the playoffs should he be gone? They have a very narrow window here, and if this game has shown anything, it's that he's being thoroughly out coached.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So crazy snap thought here.

Should Lafleur enter next season on the hot seat? If the Packers don't make the playoffs should he be gone? They have a very narrow window here, and if this game has shown anything, it's that he's being thoroughly out coached.
    Not sure you treat a closing window with more coaching changes. Who's available?
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Difference is Garropolo and Jackson can throw Tannehill not so much.
    He did lead the league in passer rating, YPA, and finished second in completion %.
    /s

Hmm I wonder if this 49ers run game can expose the KC run defense, they have more weapons than Titans.

Not going for the onside is looking worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Not sure you treat a closing window with more coaching changes. Who's available?
    As much as I'd hate to say it.

Josh McDaniels.

Also Robert Salah, Greg Roman, Eric Bienimie.

Admittedly I think there's 20 other coaches in the league that would have had this team ready to play anyway so I think there's someone better out there assuming this just is who LaFleur is and not something he'll fix.

KC
    Niners

But it's a closer game, GB gets a garbage time td to only lose by 6. If they do win it needs to be off their D capitalizing on Garoppolo's messy throws.
    49ers 34 - 27 Packers

Late touchdown by the 49ers breaks a tied game and Rogers just doesn't have enough magic left to send it to OT.

Chiefs 38 - 24 Titans

Chiefs get a lead and never look back. Titans try to ride Henry while behind, bleed the clock out on themselves.
    Pretty close.

Pretty close.
    Eh the score was close but I expected it'd be a duel rather than "SF was up so much at halftime they basically benched Garropolo."

Nailed the Titans prediction though.

Welp time to prepare for the Red Bowl in 2 weeks.

Yep. This game was never in doubt despite media trying to spin that it was.

And with that can I just say that the Packers need to make finding a 1B WR their #1 priority. Adams is no Dez, Julio, AJ Green, Antonio Brown, he needs a running mate. This Jordy Nelson needs his Randal Cobb.

Niners did what some people expected the Titans to. Less than ten passes, 200 plus rushing yards.

- - - Updated - - -

Andy Reid was so tired of the "can't manage the clock" jokes, he just decided to score so much it didn't matter.

Yep. This game was never in doubt despite media trying to spin that it was.

And with that can I just say that the Packers need to make finding a 1B WR their #1 priority. Adams is no Dez, Julio, AJ Green, Antonio Brown, he needs a running mate. This Jordy Nelson needs his Randal Cobb.
    Packers first and foremost need to get players that aren't soft. 49ers took their manhood and didn't even have to earn it. I don't see how a diva playmaker fixes that problem for them. Or maybe Rodgers is just cursed for talking shit about the 49ers after they passed on him, 0-3 vs 49ers in playoffs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Packers first and foremost need to get players that aren't soft. 49ers took their manhood and didn't even have to earn it. I don't see how a diva playmaker fixes that problem for them.
    While true their secondary looked downright Capers-era soft, I REALLY hope the Packers don't talk themselves into "we got gashed on defense so we should invest all offseason into remaking the defense again."

This offense has been anemic all season, Adams at one point was facing 4-man coverage, and if you shut down the run game this offense compeletely stalls out. They need to completely remake their skill position guys first and just hope that an above average defense and above average offense is good enough to lock down homefield next season (since the NFC West should be rising, Brees will be older, and the East still sucks).

So Bills twitter is melting down tonight because Mahomes is in the Super Bowl. So I thought I'd present the argument here:

If the Bills hadn't traded the 10th pick in 2017 to KC, and picked Mahomes (or for that matter, Watson) at that pick, would they have been flops?

Cause the excuse around Buffalo is twofold:
    1) "Oh, well, Mahomes needed the offensive genius mind of Andy Reid to become a generational talent."
    2) "Well, McDermott had just been hired 3 months before and knew he was going to replace the GM and the whole scouting department, so he didn't want to pick the franchise QB without 'his guy' in place." And the Bills did indeed fire their GM and entire scouting department the next week so McDermott could have the GM he wanted, his friend from Carolina, Brandon Beane.

My counterarguments break down as follows:
    1) DeShaun Watson is still great, despite Bill O'Brien. He'd be spoken of in the same breath as Mahomes if there was even a mildly competent offensive mind in the building. Mahomes, if he followed the same trajectory he did with the Chiefs, with the Bills, would have sat '17 with Tyrod Taylor playing, and get some random playing time that Nathan Peterman got instead. Dennison would have still been fired as our OC, we would have gotten our "offensive guru" in Daboll. Then, in '18 (when Josh Allen was drafted and started almost immediately), we could have instead upgraded our o-line, still pick up Tremaine Edmunds, find a CB instead of Tre White (who we took with the Mahomes pick and was a 1st team All-Pro this year), have a dynamic back in Shady McCoy, and found some receivers instead of Kelvin Benjamin. And then this year we'd have Beasley, John Brown, a good rookie RB and TE, and we'd be off and running under Daboll.

2) That's totally on McDermott. The scouting department had done all the work, they had their recommendations. The fired GM (Doug Whaley) has since said he wanted to take a QB there. McDermott just chose to ignore them because they weren't "his guys" and picked a CB up when we were one of the few teams who had a desperate need at QB. And if he "needed his guy," he should have had his guy in place from the beginning, instead of going through the draft process with people he knew he was going to fire literally the next week. It boggles my mind.

I think Mahomes would have been great in '18 (last year) with Daboll as his OC, Shady McCoy in the backfield, Charles Clay at TE, Robert Foster our speedster, Isaiah McKenzie, and some potential draft picks to fill out the line/WR corps.

Mahomes without Reid and a year of gestating behind Alex Smith would not be the same Mahomes. Honestly I could see the Bills turning him into a bust.

There's a reason good organizations stay good and bad organizations stay bad.

Mahomes without Reid and a year of gestating behind Alex Smith would not be the same Mahomes. Honestly I could see the Bills turning him into a bust.

There's a reason good organizations stay good and bad organizations stay bad.
    You don't think our organization has been good in the past three years? Cause I think it's been great.

Edit: I also roll my eyes hard at the idea that Alex Smith was some sort of guru that taught Mahomes how to be Mahomes.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You don't think our organization has been good in the past three years? Cause I think it's been great.

Edit: I also roll my eyes hard at the idea that Alex Smith was some sort of guru that taught Mahomes how to be Mahomes.
    Nah not bad. But there's still a reason good teams stay good. They don't need to draft a guy and immediately throw him to the wolves because their starter is someone like Josh McCown who'll only make it about 3-4 games before being benched.

Alex Smith didn't teach Mahomes to be Mahomes. But he was a competent starter that allowed Mahomes a year of being trained by Reid before he even saw the field as a starter. It's the same recipe that (albeit it wasn't an entire year) helped I think make Lamar Jackson great. And hopefully is a recipe that I hope the Bengals and Dolphins repeat with Burrow and Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So Bills twitter is melting down tonight because Mahomes is in the Super Bowl. So I thought I'd present the argument here:

If the Bills hadn't traded the 10th pick in 2017 to KC, and picked Mahomes (or for that matter, Watson) at that pick, would they have been flops?

Cause the excuse around Buffalo is twofold:
    1) "Oh, well, Mahomes needed the offensive genius mind of Andy Reid to become a generational talent."
    2) "Well, McDermott had just been hired 3 months before and knew he was going to replace the GM and the whole scouting department, so he didn't want to pick the franchise QB without 'his guy' in place." And the Bills did indeed fire their GM and entire scouting department the next week so McDermott could have the GM he wanted, his friend from Carolina, Brandon Beane.

My counterarguments break down as follows:
    1) DeShaun Watson is still great, despite Bill O'Brien. He'd be spoken of in the same breath as Mahomes if there was even a mildly competent offensive mind in the building. Mahomes, if he followed the same trajectory he did with the Chiefs, with the Bills, would have sat '17 with Tyrod Taylor playing, and get some random playing time that Nathan Peterman got instead. Dennison would have still been fired as our OC, we would have gotten our "offensive guru" in Daboll. Then, in '18 (when Josh Allen was drafted and started almost immediately), we could have instead upgraded our o-line, still pick up Tremaine Edmunds, find a CB instead of Tre White (who we took with the Mahomes pick and was a 1st team All-Pro this year), have a dynamic back in Shady McCoy, and found some receivers instead of Kelvin Benjamin. And then this year we'd have Beasley, John Brown, a good rookie RB and TE, and we'd be off and running under Daboll.

2) That's totally on McDermott. The scouting department had done all the work, they had their recommendations. The fired GM (Doug Whaley) has since said he wanted to take a QB there. McDermott just chose to ignore them because they weren't "his guys" and picked a CB up when we were one of the few teams who had a desperate need at QB. And if he "needed his guy," he should have had his guy in place from the beginning, instead of going through the draft process with people he knew he was going to fire literally the next week. It boggles my mind.

I think Mahomes would have been great in '18 (last year) with Daboll as his OC, Shady McCoy in the backfield, Charles Clay at TE, Robert Foster our speedster, Isaiah McKenzie, and some potential draft picks to fill out the line/WR corps.
    A bit of retroactive boohooing.

Mahomes probably would have been ok in Buffalo, but ffs man, the Bills don't have a wr on their team from the last two years who would even see the field in KC.

The Bills fans crying about those drafts are more annoying than my wife bringing up shit that happened years ago in an argument.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .