10+ Year Old Account
    Also fun fact, that 67th in 2017 ended up being Alvin Kamara.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the Niners win the Superbowl, but I get the feeling this will be a re-do of the 2010 Superbowl.

That one featured a great defense with some veteran (former) All-Pro's and Superbowl winners (Steelers) against the prodigy offensive superstar (Packers with Rodgers) who went on to torch them in crucial moments.

I suspect this will play out similarly, cause the Niners defense is great, but after seeing Richard Sherman scramble yesterday to keep up with Davante Adams, I think that the Chiefs offense will seriously expose him and that secondary.

So, unless the Niners offense can keep up with the Chiefs, I fear this will end the same way as it did back then, with the offensive prodigy beating the aging defensive stars.

But, again, I hope the Niners win, for Jimmy G. and cause George Kittle is hilarious and Travis Kelce is not and cause Tyreek Hill is a scumbag who shouldn't even be allowed to be on the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    cause Tyreek Hill is a scumbag who shouldn't even be allowed to be on the field.
    As much as I agree with this point, I can't ever be in favor of good things happening to San Francisco or their shitty fans.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    As much as I agree with this point, I can't ever be in favor of good things happening to San Francisco or their shitty fans.
    I live in Seahawks country. From social media, I have determined that Seattle's "12s" (lol at that term) hate all these johnny come lately 49ers fans because they are too similar to each other.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I live in Seahawks country. From social media, I have determined that Seattle's "12s" (lol at that term) hate all these johnny come lately 49ers fans because they are too similar to each other.
    The older fans are no better, they were the fair-weather fans of the 80s-90s.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Seahawk fans just go into hiding when their team sucks. Not sure about this new era of "12s" but thats what happened after Shaun Alexander started sucking.

This years 9ers fans were last years Rams fans.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's the fact the Packers never had a pass rush for years but even if Sherman gets torched by Hill, I still see the 9ers pass rush making life miserable for Mahomes and forcing him into mistakes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Maybe it's the fact the Packers never had a pass rush for years but even if Sherman gets torched by Hill, I still see the 9ers pass rush making life miserable for Mahomes and forcing him into mistakes.
    9ers have a team that can win multiple ways, its really gonna come down to the chiefs d line stepping up and really pressuring Jimmy. But yeah, I have a bad feeling the 9ers should win by a margin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    9ers have a team that can win multiple ways, its really gonna come down to the chiefs d line stepping up and really pressuring Jimmy. But yeah, I have a bad feeling the 9ers should win by a margin
    Yeah the 9ers really don't have an overt weakness you can pick at. Jimmy G can win throwing if he has to. They can run all over you. They have a great pass rush. Their secondary is probably their biggest weak spot but Sherman will still find a way to punish you once or twice a game.

Yeah for the Chiefs to win their defense is gonna need to step up. Even moreso than they did against Henry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, let's get something straight.

Who do you think is the better team in the Super Bowl? Who should be favoured to win it?

Cause I get the feeling that opinions are divided on which is the better team (which is good in a way cause that probably means they are somewhat evenly matched.)

I think the Chiefs are the better team and should be favoured to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sold on Garoppolo despite what people are saying here, the passing game is a huge advantage for KC; if it becomes high enough scoring that the 49ers are going to rely on him throwing then they're probably doomed.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the 9ers are better and should be favored.

10+ Year Old Account
    49ers are the better overall team, Chiefs are the better offense.

If it was halfway through the season, I'd say the 49ers were the better team and favored to win. But the 49ers, including their defense, have somewhat faded over the last half, while the Chiefs since Mahomes came back have been in their 2018 form, except their defense has been better down the stretch.

I think the KC's defense has a fair shot at SF's offense. To me, the entire game comes down to KC's OLine vs. SF's front 7. If Bosa et al can wreck shit in there, 49ers should win. Otherwise, if Mahomes has any semblence of time, the Chiefs should score, and score often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yall need to stop sleeping on Mahomes. A lot of high school kids are going to try to emulate him. He'll either mark the evolution of the quarterback or a rare exception.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Yall need to stop sleeping on Mahomes. A lot of high school kids are going to try to emulate him. He'll either mark the evolution of the quarterback or a rare exception.
    Eh. Same was said about Aaron Rodgers. Didn't happen, or maybe more accurately, didn't happen because of him, but because of college offenses making their way to the NFL. The schemes and the team assemblies still make much more difference in the NFL than any individual player in the long term.

Mahomes may lead to a new rise in popularity and will usher in the post Brady-Manning-Brees era, but he's not going to fundamentally change the game on his own. Scheme will do that. How teams are assembled will do that.

10 years ago the NFL was just about starting to get comfortable with the idea that being in nickel packages as your base defense was the right idea and that a pure, thumping, run stuffing, box safety was a detriment to your team probably. Who knows where we will be in 10 years from the current "positionless football" trend. Wherever we will be, it's not going to be due to 1 specific player, but due to the copy cat nature of the league in adopting and evolving in myriad of ways.

And that takes nothing away from Mahomes, who I believe will be one of the QB's that are one day mentioned as THE QB of the current era.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defensive Coordinators are getting fired or retiring after facing the Chiefs this postseason.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    ...but after seeing Richard Sherman scramble yesterday to keep up with Davante Adams, I think that the Chiefs offense will seriously expose him and that secondary.
    Wait, what? Rodgers avoided passing towards Richard Sherman all game long. I think he may have only passed towards Sherman's target twice the whole game. The first was when Sherman turn the wrong way, got caught up, and still almost made it back to his target, but ultimately got beat. In fact, I'd bet the only reason Rodgers threw that way was because he noticed the out-turn. And the second was the late-game interception.

- - - Updated - - -

Throwing shade at an entire fanbase?

Stay classy, friend.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. Same was said about Aaron Rodgers. Didn't happen, or maybe more accurately, didn't happen because of him, but because of college offenses making their way to the NFL. The schemes and the team assemblies still make much more difference in the NFL than any individual player in the long term.

Mahomes may lead to a new rise in popularity and will usher in the post Brady-Manning-Brees era, but he's not going to fundamentally change the game on his own. Scheme will do that. How teams are assembled will do that.

10 years ago the NFL was just about starting to get comfortable with the idea that being in nickel packages as your base defense was the right idea and that a pure, thumping, run stuffing, box safety was a detriment to your team probably. Who knows where we will be in 10 years from the current "positionless football" trend. Wherever we will be, it's not going to be due to 1 specific player, but due to the copy cat nature of the league in adopting and evolving in myriad of ways.

And that takes nothing away from Mahomes, who I believe will be one of the QB's that are one day mentioned as THE QB of the current era.
    I dunno if it didn't happen with Rogers. I'd say the first half of last decade he was very much the "in vogue" kind of guy. It wasn't really until Seattle's run that things shifted more towrad the college-style.

Though I will say you'd be hard pressed to find a great QB that gets as routinely disrespected as Rogers. Guess that's what happens when you make one less Super Bowl than your Hall of Fame predecessor and you play at the same time as the Tom Brady Renaissance.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope the Niners win the Superbowl, but I get the feeling this will be a re-do of the 2010 Superbowl.

That one featured a great defense with some veteran (former) All-Pro's and Superbowl winners (Steelers) against the prodigy offensive superstar (Packers with Rodgers) who went on to torch them in crucial moments.

I suspect this will play out similarly, cause the Niners defense is great, but after seeing Richard Sherman scramble yesterday to keep up with Davante Adams, I think that the Chiefs offense will seriously expose him and that secondary.

So, unless the Niners offense can keep up with the Chiefs, I fear this will end the same way as it did back then, with the offensive prodigy beating the aging defensive stars.

But, again, I hope the Niners win, for Jimmy G. and cause George Kittle is hilarious and Travis Kelce is not and cause Tyreek Hill is a scumbag who shouldn't even be allowed to be on the field.
    Seems more like Best O vs Best D, usually D wins those.

Packers had top 5 D, if not best, D that year. And while Rodgers played well, it wasn't him lighting up the Steelers that won.

- - - Updated - - -

btw unrelated but if you want to troll people just spell it "erin rogers" and watch people get mad (while never correcting the last name.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.