Mahomes was definitely off all game. But who would you give the game MVP to otherwise? Chris Jones. Breeland? Not really one player seemed to stand out.

Herald of the Titans ProphetFlume's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    I'm sure I'll get plenty of plenty disagreeing with me, but these refs have been subpar. And they're supposed to be the best?
    TBH a great ref performance is like a great performance by a team. Kinda rare. Also they tend to "let them play" more in the playoffs, moreso in the SB, which sometimes is great but I hate the inconsistency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am annoyed at the fact they score another TD when a first down wins the game. Now it is unlikely, but possible San Fran could come back (it would take a miracle, but it is possible with two time outs).
    I was thinking about that but the Niners had timeouts left and you can never guarantee points, even from a short fg. Good choice imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    TBH a great ref performance is like a great performance by a team. Kinda rare. Also they tend to "let them play" more in the playoffs, moreso in the SB, which sometimes is great but I hate the inconsistency.
    Honestly, I hate the "Let the play" attitude. The rules are there for a reason whether it be safety or to insure fair play.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking about that but the Niners had timeouts left and you can never guarantee points, even from a short fg. Good choice imo.
    Yes, but they had only 2 at the time of the TD, you would be able to run nearly a full minute off the clock at that point which would have left almost zero for the niners. You didn't need the points. You win with a first down, it wasn't a good choice at all. And it still isnt even though it worked out for them.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Fuckin' Shanahan making them run one more pointless play when the game is already decided.
    /s

Not asking for a "great" ref performance. Consistency is key to being decent refs, not great, and NFL refs are anything but that. If it's a flag in week 1, it should be a flag in week 8, week 17, and in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    I'm sure I'll get plenty of plenty disagreeing with me, but these refs have been subpar. And they're supposed to be the best?
    Seemed pretty good to me, I only saw one significant error, and I'm usually harder on refs than anybody.
    /s

Patriots at Chiefs for Season Opener ... calling it now.
    If not the Patriots, it will be the Jets.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Herald of the Titans ProphetFlume's Avatar
    Never heard Reid talk before, man. He's like a kiwi beach bum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Genuinely surprised they're not just running it. Anyone who's good at adjustments see anything by the Chiefs that scared them off?
    Nah. Same thing Shanahan did in the Superbowl with the Falcons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Patriots at Chiefs for Season Opener ... calling it now.
    If not the Patriots, it will be the Jets.
    Not if Brady jumps ship. Will be Saints I bet if Brees is around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Mahomes was definitely off all game. But who would you give the game MVP to otherwise? Chris Jones. Breeland? Not really one player seemed to stand out.
    Hill. A different game without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Not if Brady jumps ship. Will be Saints I bet if Brees is around.
    Why would they have the Chiefs open away? (Super Bowl champs tend to open at home, the only exception I know was the Ravens because the Orioles had an issue).

Their home besides division rivals are: Jets, Patriots, Texans, Falcons and Panthers.
    –The Sith Code

This pretty much goes to my expectations. Jimmy GQ belongs in a magazine, not in a super bowl.

Jimmy was never going to stand toe to toe with Mahomes in the end. 9ers needed better passes with that run.

If nothing else, be glad that Andy Reid and Lesean McCoy got a ring together.

Uh... sorry @Breccia.

Either way, without Mahome or Hill, it would be so much different, those 2 are the best one two punch.

I was hoping 49er gonna win but I just can't stand how much fire this Cheifs offense is.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Mahomes has never been an accurate passer.
    66% career completion isn't accurate for a QB so young? Okay..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Shanahan has one very clear flaw and that's he loves to sit on leads. Let the Packers get back into it in the NFC Championship, let the Patriots get back into his SB with the Falcons, let the Chiefs get back into this game.

Doesn't help that in both Super Bowls his defense has collapsed in the 4th quarter.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Shanahan has one very clear flaw and that's he loves to sit on leads. Let the Packers get back into it in the NFC Championship, let the Patriots get back into his SB with the Falcons, let the Chiefs get back into this game.

Doesn't help that in both Super Bowls his defense has collapsed in the 4th quarter.
    Bet he wishes he had that before halftime drive back where he sat on timeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Uh... sorry @Breccia.
    Sorry? I'm elated.

Last edited by Breccia; 2020-02-03 at 04:29 AM.

A few notes:

1) I thought the refs were fine. They missed a few calls on hits to the QBs heads on both sides of the ball, but I've always hated those calls anyways. But they've been calling them. Thought the Kittle OPI was fine, as was the DPI against Kelce. Thought there were a few procedural calls missed on both sides but with 5 yard penalties I don't think any of them translated to missed first downs, so who cares. Overall, a lot of the calls went KC's way, but I don't think any of the calls were unjustified. On the DWilliams TD, I thought it was frame-perfect. His foot landed out of bounds as the ball was breaking the plane. Not enough to overturn, I think they did the right thing in not overturning it, though you could argue the ref on the field needs to be ultra aware of the WR's feet there......but, man, idk, it was so quick I can't really fault refs for it.

2) I think Damien Williams coulda got MVP. 17 carries, 106 yards, 2 TDs both in the last 6 minutes of the game.

3) My favorite part of tonight happens right now: @Northern Goblin It's OFFSEASON BABY, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    2) I think Damien Williams coulda got MVP. 17 carries, 106 yards, 2 TDs both in the last 6 minutes of the game.
    I thought he was good, don't know why the Dolphins let him go to waste, made plays running and catching, and had some good blitz pickups.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Bet he wishes he had that before halftime drive back where he sat on timeouts.
    Yeah not sure what he was thinking there. You have the timeouts, at least try to get points off that drive. If nothing else bleed down the clock and take a shot or two deep.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter