Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Have you seen his Instagram posts after wins? Especially with Gronk? Definition of smug.

As for the asshole bit: the dude yells at his OC if he has an average half. For the rest of the league, that's considered being a fucking diva. OBJ acts like Brady acts, and the NY media crucifies him. Brady gets pissy when he's playing bad, and smug when he's playing good.

Plus, he kisses his kids directly on the mouth. Gross. (This is a joke.)
    He posts on Instagram with Gronk in response to be called old and bad all year? What a diva! He gets hyper competitive and he and his coaches yell it out? What a diva! Lets definitely forget the fact that he and McDaniels have talked about when that happens over and over and over and every time they are like yea we get fired up but respect the shit out of each other. C'mon, your a Bills fan, just admit you are insanely jealous and incredibly bias, we all know it, you'll feel better admitting it.

Also, the Boston media gets all over Brady when he yells at McDaniels. Personally, I have never cared when OBJ gets pissed on the sidelines because I actually believe the dude just wants to win and it infuriates him when his team stinks. Media gets on them because sports media, particularly in Boston and NY, is terrible and feeds on drama.
    Last edited by ramayana1423; 2019-02-20 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    He posts on Instagram with Gronk in response to be called old and bad all year? What a diva! He gets hyper competitive and he and his coaches yell it out? What a diva! Lets defeinitely forget the fact that he and McDaniels have talked about when that happens over and over and over and everytime they are like yea we get fired up but respect the shit out of each other. Cmon, your a Bills fan, just admit you are insanely jealous and incredibly bias, we all know it, you'll feel better admitting it.
    I am not insanely jealous of Tom Brady. I judge a player based on whether I'd want him on my team. I'd want Peyton or Aaron throwing the ball for the Bills. I'd want Larry Fitzgerald or Julio Jones catching it. I wouldn't want Tom Brady, AB, Le'Veon Bell, etc. I don't deny that these are talented players, and that Tom Brady is undeniably the GOAT. This isn't me denying that. I just think he's a smug asshole.

And the whole "We're still here," thing is smugness at its very core. No one ever said the Patriots were old and bad. They said Tom Brady looked like not his usual self (but was still an above average QB), and many of us were hoping it was over. That's not suggesting he's bad, that's just hoping he's done.

Let me guess: you're a Patriots fan? Talk about the most biased fanbase ever. Nothing they say is based in reality.

I am not insanely jealous of Tom Brady. I judge a player based on whether I'd want him on my team. I'd want Peyton or Aaron throwing the ball for the Bills. I'd want Larry Fitzgerald or Julio Jones catching it. I wouldn't want Tom Brady, AB, Le'Veon Bell, etc. I don't deny that these are talented players, and that Tom Brady is undeniably the GOAT. This isn't me denying that. I just think he's a smug asshole.

And the whole "We're still here," thing is smugness at its very core. No one ever said the Patriots were old and bad. They said Tom Brady looked like not his usual self (but was still an above average QB), and many of us were hoping it was over. That's not suggesting he's bad, that's just hoping he's done.

Let me guess: you're a Patriots fan? Talk about the most biased fanbase ever. Nothing they say is based in reality.
    Saying that you wouldn't want Brady is HILARIOUS, actually downright hilarious. Do I really need to dig up every single sports talk show all year saying they are done?

Not jealous of Brady, would rather have Rodgers and Peyton. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OK

This post gets better and better each time I look at it. Comparing Brady to AB who is a outright locker room cancer. My god it's glorious. Brady has actually broken your brain.

https://weei.radio.com/articles/colu...and-s-not-good
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/p...h3H/story.html
    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/12/...ghts-steelers/

nO oNe SaId ThEy ArE bAd
    Last edited by ramayana1423; 2019-02-20 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Saying that you wouldn't want Brady is HILARIOUS, actually downright hilarious. Do I really need to dig up every single sports talk show all year saying they are done?

Not jealous of Brady, would rather have Rodgers and Peyton. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OK
    If you're gonna dig up ESPN sports talk shows, that'd be hilarious, since everyone thinks ESPN is a joke of an outlet that is just hot take central.

And even Brady thinks Rodgers would have been the GOAT, and better than he was, if he had a competent coaching staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly Manning and Rodgers would have achieved the same as Brady if BB was their coach.

Don't see Brady winning that many rings with someone like Dungy or McCarthy as HC.

That isn't putting Brady down, he's still in an elite class, but he's not some lone megastar. Belichick, however is easily the greatest NFL coach of all time, and it pains me to say that because part of his success came off abusing our front office in terrible trades, but that man is the driving force behind the Patriots rings.

If you're gonna dig up ESPN sports talk shows, that'd be hilarious, since everyone thinks ESPN is a joke of an outlet that is just hot take central.

And even Brady thinks Rodgers would have been the GOAT, and better than he was, if he had a competent coaching staff.
    Hmm, quoting Brady's comment where he graciously said Rodgers was more talented than him and credits his coaching staff for his success yet you still think he's smug....

And man, you compared Brady to OBJ. You are killing me with that shit. That is some of the biggest bullshit I've ever read on this forum.

Most of the things you've said about him, like how he yells at his OC are based on events that happened like once or twice in his entire 18 years in the league. I can go pull up videos of Peyton yelling at people too (the Jeff Saturday argument comes to mind).

It's cool that you don't like him, but get out of here with that junk. Go find me actual, regular examples of him being a dick or more importantly--his teammates saying bad things about him. Brady is, by all accounts, a good teammate/person and competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Go find me actual, regular examples of him being a dick or more importantly--his teammates saying bad things about him. Brady is, by all accounts, a good teammate/person and competitor.
    We are going to be waiting a while for him to find that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Ah, that's something I can do while nothing else is happening, player evaluation.

Watching some video of Drew Lock and here is what I think.
    -His mechanics are horrible, every throw is either backpedaling or flat-footed
    -Every contested catch is instead a drop because he fires it in there flat-footed and doesn't have good enough accuracy
    -Mediocre pocket presence, getting blindside hit by guys on the right side (in front of him) doesn't impress
    -Stares down receivers about as much as most QBs at his stage of development
    -Does a good job changing arm angles to throw around defenders
    -Not much touch, most of his throws come out as hard as he can to compensate for poor feet
    -Good athleticism and speed enough to make a few helpful plays running
    -Average throwing on the run
    -Pretty good selling play fake

He does have a lot of experience which I like, but its gonna take some coaching to fix his footwork which will hopefully improve the ball placement. Its hard for a novice like me to scout his decision making based off tv broadcast but there were some questionable decisions, whether it comes from predetermining his throws, or bad reads I can't say. I wouldn't start this guy right away but if the rest of the draft process checks out he's a decent prospect if a team is willing to be patient.
    It definitely seems like this is a 2 QB draft with Drew Lock being the guy that's not quite there (but also not quite bad enough to drop out of the first 2 rounds). I;ve read quite a bit of tape studies and dissections of Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins and they definitely seem like good prospects. There's some ??? with regards to parts of their game (Haskins his production of only 1 year and Murray his general size) but I could definitely see both these guys still go top 5 if they answer some of the ???.

My favourite after this early reading is Haskins. Guy just seems to get it, and does everything a professional QB is supposed to do (i.e. set protections, manipulate the field with his eyes and get pre-snap, accurate reads) on top of the basics of throwing the ball. I'm not really all that fussed about his only being a 1 year starter. There's not much he could have learned in 1 more college season compared to just going to the pros and learning it there.

We'll see what happens at the combine. I hope Haskins and Murray both throw and do on field drills and answer any questions off the field well too. Draft is always more interesting if there's good QB's in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, and what do you know, one of my favourite tape guys did a Drew Lock twitter thread tonight/just now. Starts here: https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1098403670432059393

His conclusion:

"If Josh Allen went seventh last year, not sure how Lock makes it out of the top ten. He's better than Allen was."

Interesting...

15+ Year Old Account
    When was the last time a player of Bell's quality, in their prime, sat a whole season? Seems historic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    Anyone following the AAF? A group of us at work have randomly picked teams to cheer for. The Hotshots are doing well for me so far. It's not great football but it's enjoyable filler between the latest mock draft or ridiculous trade or FA signing fantasy. I do enjoy many of the rule changes and I hope the league makes it through the whole season and a champion is crowned. I don't follow any other sports so this league fills the void.
    I was going to follow it but none of the games are on network tv and I'm not interested enough to watch solely on my pc. I thought a game was going to on cbs but it turned out to be their special sports channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    When was the last time a player of Bell's quality, in their prime, sat a whole season? Seems historic.
    It was. No one had sat out the tag in ages. 1997 was the last time, and at that point there had only been a Franchise tag since 1993.

And in the end Bell got replaced by the Steelers with someone that produced just as well as he did, without the off the field issues and left about 15 million dollar on the table on the franchise tag alone + a deal reportedly worth 70 million with 33 million in guaranteed money in the first 2 years.

Even if he signs a lucrative deal now, he's almost surely not going to make back the 15 million he left on the table this season, even if he does sign a nice deal.

But, he got what he wanted, no wear and tear for a year, free to choose where he wnats to play and free to sign a deal for the money he can find on the free market, instead of a deal dictated to him by the Steelers.

I hope he enjoys it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    But, he got what he wanted, no wear and tear for a year, free to choose where he wnats to play and free to sign a deal for the money he can find on the free market, instead of a deal dictated to him by the Steelers.

I hope he enjoys it.
    I'm not sure I believe that the year off will mean he gets an extra year of productivity. AP had about that time off from suspensions and he still hit the 30 (ish) wall the same as most RBs. I think he lasted a few years longer but that's probably due to how good he was in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was. No one had sat out the tag in ages. 1997 was the last time, and at that point there had only been a Franchise tag since 1993.

And in the end Bell got replaced by the Steelers with someone that produced just as well as he did, without the off the field issues and left about 15 million dollar on the table on the franchise tag alone + a deal reportedly worth 70 million with 33 million in guaranteed money in the first 2 years.

Even if he signs a lucrative deal now, he's almost surely not going to make back the 15 million he left on the table this season, even if he does sign a nice deal.

I hope he enjoys it.
    It's such a crazy thing that I have to wonder if he's looking for guarantees more than he is raw dollars. Since the only argument to skip the money and sit out is "I don't want to have a career-ending injury while on the tag and just be out of the league next year."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's such a crazy thing that I have to wonder if he's looking for guarantees more than he is raw dollars. Since the only argument to skip the money and sit out is "I don't want to have a career-ending injury while on the tag and just be out of the league next year."
    Well, I used to think that too, that he was just greedy and looking for better money deals, with higher guarantees, but...

Antonio Brown didn;t blow up on his team for nothing. The catalyst was Big Ben, and how he treated the rest fo the team and how Big Ben was treated by the coaching staff and front office.

Then today the Steelers GM makes comments that Big Ben's team mates are like his kids. Errr, what? That's so disrespectful. If that's the kind of attitude that is in that building, that Ben is the fatherly patriarch and that the rest are just unruly kids, then man, I can imagine wanting to be the hell out of there.

And Le'Veon Bell tweeted out yesterday, after the Steelers GM said that they wouldn;t put any kind of tag on him "Free at last, free at last, Thank God Almighty I am free at last".

I mean, that's kind of over the top if you just want out of your contract, right?

So, in the end, no I don't think Bell is *just* doing all this cause he wants better guarantees. I think he's doing it too cause the situation at the Steelers and how they treat their players is kinda fucked up and he wants no part of it being there long term.

We won't know for sure until more time has passed and players have moved on, but I'm guessing we will hear more coming out from disgruntled Steelers players before long about this situation around Big Ben and the front office/coaching staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then today the Steelers GM makes comments that Big Ben's team mates are like his kids. Errr, what? That's so disrespectful. If that's the kind of attitude that is in that building, that Ben is the fatherly patriarch and that the rest are just unruly kids, then man, I can imagine wanting to be the hell out of there.

And Le'Veon Bell tweeted out yesterday, after the Steelers GM said that they wouldn;t put any kind of tag on him "Free at last, free at last, Thank God Almighty I am free at last".
    The GM stopped just short of calling the players on the team "boy" and I don't think its lost on them.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The GM stopped just short of calling the players on the team "boy" and I don't think its lost on them.
    I think the GM is deathly afraid of life without Big Ben and will do anything to make sure he stays happy and shielded. He knows the life of a GM gets infinitely more difficult when he has no quality QB.

Just look at Elway in Denver. He's a team icon, and yet he's on a pretty hot seat cause he;s failed in the QB department for several years now. Have to think being the GM 25 years means even less in that regard, even if it's impressive in NFL terms, to stay on the job for 25 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't really what I was getting at, whether the Steelers organization is overtly racist or not, I can't say, but they are creating the perception that they are.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't really what I was getting at, whether the Steelers organization is overtly racist or not, I can't say, but they are creating the perception that they are.
    Yeah, they definitely created that perception.

I doubt they are though. With Tomlin as the HC and the Rooney family running things who instituted the Rooney rule (bad as it may be working).

Always possible that the GM is a casual racist though, and it's not anything institutional, but just him being a berk.

- - - Updated - - -

In more pleasant news. Devin McCourty said on some podcast that he's not ready to retire just yet, and is coming back for another season. Good news for the secondary, bad news for the Patriots finances, as McCourty is set to make 9M this upcoming season.

Going to be interesting how the Patriots handle the Gronk and McCourty contracts. Both could do with an extension as they are in the last year, with no guarantees, but I suspect the Patriots may not want to push more cap hits to the future if they can help it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could have been worse. Could have said that he didn't want the "inmates running the asylum."

With how much rope Big Ben apparently has, I am stunned this thing held together as long as it did. People complain about Rodgers basically wanting to self-coach, but this sounds even more off the rails.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt this story will have a happy ending
    /s