10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Money on him starting to cyrofreeze his hands by week 8.
    By week 8 he's most likely either a model citizen or already kicked off the team. Don't think there's a middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    This reeeeeeeeeeeeeks of more NE cheating. Fuck those fuck'n fuckers.
    How does it reek of NE cheating? (btw, the Pats only filmed (the Jets) from the incorrect location which was allowed the previous season and the deflated balls was never proven but disproved by an MIT scientist, they also destroyed Indy in the 2nd half when the balls were proper) what if AB got word that the Steelers didn't want to trade him to NE before he signed with the Raiders? IIRC the Pats offered the Steelers more (or better) shit than the Raiders but the Steelers wouldn't trade him to a rival (I guess Brady being 12-2 (3 now) against them is considered a rivalry?), AB rode it out and started acting up knowing something would eventually get him released then he signed with the Pats, the Pats didn't have to have any knowledge of this and AB simply could've acted on his own which is likely what happened, doing this on the DL you can probably get away with it easy but AB is an insanely high profile guy so I don't think the Pats would take the chance
    Last edited by tylenol; 2019-09-08 at 12:52 AM.

Yeah, but from the Pats end, they worked out a $15m contract in less than a day? It reeks of tampering.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, but from the Pats end, they worked out a $15m contract in less than a day? It reeks of tampering.
    Never underestimate Drew Rosenhaus. I wouldn't have put it past him to have planned this out the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    By week 8 he's most likely either a model citizen or already kicked off the team. Don't think there's a middle ground.
    Oh for sure. Josh Gordon is gonna get a lot more slack from BB than AB. Thats gonna irritate him.

This didn't just happen out of the blue. Teams have seen this coming for a few days now--ample time to prep a contract offer. I'd imagine quite a few teams had an offer ready to go.

Besides, this happens every single year in free agency. For example, Nick Foles agreed to a deal with the Jaguars on March 11 at around 4 PM eastern (the very first day teams were permitted to talk to FAs). And that one was 4 years an $88 mil.

There's a legal tampering period before signing FAs, and free agency comes every year at the same time. A player of AB's caliber being cut the day before opening Sunday is something to expect? Even with his behavior?

Hell, last we knew before Saturday morning was AB apologized, tearfully, to his teammates, and Gruden said he'd be playing on Monday. Then, on Saturday morning, AB posted on Instagram "Release me" and a few hours later, he was, and a few hours after that, he was signed to a potential $15m deal with a signing bonus and conditionals. Spare me with the "everyone knew this was coming and could have prepared a contract" nonsense.

I just love that Pats fans were panning this dude recklessly, saying the Pats would NEVER sign a dude like this (despite Hernandez, despite Haynesworth, despite Ocho Cinco, despite Gordon), because the Patriot Way is all about CULTURE and DISCIPLINE and FAMILY, and then hours later they're lauding the genius of it, because only the Patriot Way could keep a guy like AB in check. At least xskarma is consistent in not liking this move.

The Patriot Way is all about winning - no matter the cost. To pretend otherwise is bullshit.

There's a legal tampering period before signing FAs, and free agency comes every year at the same time. A player of AB's caliber being cut the day before opening Sunday is something to expect? Even with his behavior?

Hell, last we knew before Saturday morning was AB apologized, tearfully, to his teammates, and Gruden said he'd be playing on Monday. Then, on Saturday morning, AB posted on Instagram "Release me" and a few hours later, he was, and a few hours after that, he was signed to a potential $15m deal with a signing bonus and conditionals. Spare me with the "everyone knew this was coming and could have prepared a contract" nonsense.
    The Foles example I gave was during the legal tampering period--not during the start of FA. He agreed in principle literally the first day of the tampering period.

And teams have known about the AB saga for months now, and known for a good 3-4 days that things were starting to get really bad. And that's just based on public knowledge--who the hell knows what word was being spread in league circles.

You can say it's nonsense all you want--but that isn't a rational argument. That's an emotional response because you're salty at the Patriots. It is an NFL GM's job to keep an eye on these situations and react swiftly. I can go through and find countless players who received contract offers the day they were waived/released/etc. It happens all of the time.

For what it's worth--I'm not a Pats fan, nor have I really passed judgement on whether or not I think this was tampering--you could be right (or wrong). But saying "he signed the day of his release, something is funny" is just a flawed argument. If that's all you've got to go off of--good luck with that one.
    Last edited by Espo; 2019-09-08 at 04:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if this is the year Brady finally starts showing his age and gets the noodle arm.

In retrospect it seems like AB has been trying to get fired for a couple months. He's like George trying to get fired from the Yankees. Helmest absurdity. Insulting GM. Recording coach. And none of it worked.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2019-09-08 at 04:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Maybe so, but you can blame him for all the other nonsense he put the team through before this.
    It's the Raiders, they make their own mess even if there isn't one.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Just tampering? I'm thinking TI. I'm willing to bet Rosenhaus, the pats, and Brown (to a lesser extent because he's too dumb to trust to keep mouth shut) planned this:Get out of your contract with Oakalnd to come play with a winner.

I honestly wouldn't rule this out, albeit I know this is still baseless crazy talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Foooooooooooootball

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical crappy local tv listings, only one game worth watching, I might watch the Chargers just for lack of anything else.

...and Hekker boots maybe the worst punt ever

Greg Olsen sighting
    Last edited by draynay; 2019-09-08 at 05:20 PM.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Vikings beating up the Falcons at the moment. Did not expect that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamar Jackson looks like a different player this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Vikings beating up the Falcons at the moment. Did not expect that.
    Guess they can't blame their terrible defense on injuries any more.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Just tampering? I'm thinking TI. I'm willing to bet Rosenhaus, the pats, and Brown (to a lesser extent because he's too dumb to trust to keep mouth shut) planned this:Get out of your contract with Oakalnd to come play with a winner.

I honestly wouldn't rule this out, albeit I know this is still baseless crazy talk.
    It's basically how the NBA operates, and honestly Brown might be the first domino in a chain of high-end skill position players using the NBA playbook of "Have your agent work out a deal in advance, then become such a headache for your team that you get released, then sign next day with a championship roster."

In Other Brown news, welcome to the NFL Hollywood.

- - - Updated - - -

Foles got hammered on a TD throw. Heading to the locker room.
    https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/st...51976323342336

If this is how his season ends up ending that's gonna suck.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Minshew era begins in Jacksonville.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That did not take long, Foles officially out with a left shoulder injury.

https://twitter.com/TDickman89/statu...52976685805569
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaguars OLine is in shambles, I'm gonna pretend to be surprised that a gimpy Foles got further injured.
    /s