Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    3rd game in a row that refs have mega fucked up in a Saints game but I’m far more worried about brees
    If you want to win in the NFL, win by TWO SCORES. I have said that for years. I will continue to say it. If you aren't up by 2 scores, you have put yourself at the mercy of a referee mistake. That's the team's fault. They should know going in that being up by 2 scores is a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean when the head of officials calls out for the 3rd game in a row they made a mistake what do you want the team to do? They can't beat the other team and the refs at the same time. We're talking about a touchdown being taken off the board here. Do I think it gives the Saints a win? No, with Brees down I don't think it was going to happen but it would have been a closer game and you never know how the game would have changed with the score being different.

As stated before I'm far more concerned with the Brees injury and if he's able to come back in a reasonable time frame I think we can still make the playoffs and do some damage. You can make fun of Saints fans all you like but if you can't see there is a clear issue with refereeing in the league then I don't know what to tell you. Better hope that shit doesn't happen to your team.
    Like I said, my team is the Zebras.

Minshew still looking good. Mason Rudolph looked ok too. Also I recall people at one point saying Fournette wasn't as good as everyone acted. Pretty sure he's proven them wrong.

I like Kyler Murray's release. I wonder how well he'd do if he didn't have defenders in his face a nanosecond after the snap.

Starting to question my pick for AFC North winner. Steelers look like garbage, and now without Ben potentially.

Man, I hope Dallas is as scary as they seem so far. Dak with basically another perfect game (int was a tip).

Instead of running the ball like they were doing well, Cousins throws into the endzone and gets picked off, their last chance to win. Sounds familiar.

Glad my man Eddie Piniero can hit a clutch shot like that.

The refs are bad most weeks, but there are way too many plays in a game to have them determine the outcome at the end.

For example, the Broncos/Bears game had 2 head scratching ref moments on the Bear's last drive that can easily be complained about. However Holdor (4 holding calls, should have been more), terrible offensive play calling and Flacco's pick (it was tipped, so not even all on him) were what actually determined the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If you want to win in the NFL, win by TWO SCORES. I have said that for years. I will continue to say it. If you aren't up by 2 scores, you have put yourself at the mercy of a referee mistake. That's the team's fault. They should know going in that being up by 2 scores is a requirement.
    I don't think there was much they could do with Brees going down. You're right, if you want to dodge the refs fucking the game up, be up by 9 or more.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    The Jaguars/Texans game was great. What was up with Ramsay throwing a tantrum though? Was it just over that catch or was it something else that set him off? Dude looked like he was about to hulk out big time.
    [Gaming Queue] || Games Finished: 3

Is Adam Vinatieri done? 1 of 3 field goals (44 yards) and 2 of 5 extra points after two games. That's dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    Is Adam Vinatieri done? 1 of 3 field goals (44 yards) and 2 of 5 extra points after two games. That's dreadful.
    We should know this afternoon if he’s done.

Roethlisberger may need surgery and we’ll hear about that today as well. Bress is probably out for 6 weeks or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Pittshurgh season officially in jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

Pittsburgh season officially in jeopardy.
    Saints fans aren’t feeling much better with reports that Brees tore a ligament attached to his throwing thumb. The surgery takes around 6 weeks to recover from on average, but it really depends on how he responds.

Well, looks like the AFC is an easy set up for Pats vs. Chiefs in the AFC Championship again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Well, looks like the AFC is an easy set up for Pats vs. Chiefs in the AFC Championship again.
    Don't discount the Ravens being that team that blows up the AFC playoffs.

Now the NFC, that's a mess after two weeks. Can anyone stop LA? Dallas, Green Bay on good days maybe?
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Brees makes starting QB #5 to go down for at least an extended amount of time already. Teams might need to bring Brett Favre out of retirement by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You don't believe in the Bills?

There will be a couple AFC teams that figure it out soon. Plus, Andy Reid will remember he is Andy Reid in the playoffs and lose to some 7-9 or 8-8 wildcard team.
    Last edited by Grube; 2019-09-16 at 05:20 PM.

We've played two of the worst secondaries in the league in the first two weeks.

I think we'll know what the Bills are in week 4, against the Pats at home.

Or, we could know earlier, if they lose a game against the Bengals next week at home, which they should win.

Bridgewater deserves a chance to play, I hope it goes better than his last two appearances, Payton will surely have to spend more time game planning specifically for him.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Bridgewater deserves a chance to play, I hope it goes better than his last two appearances, Payton will surely have to spend more time game planning specifically for him.
    I am wondering if the Bridgewater experiment fails how quickly he turns to Taysom Hill. So far Bridgewater hasn't done much to instill confidence but the O-Line didn't do him any favors yesterday either.

Jalen Ramsey, CB, has requested a trade from the Jags. Could easily happen this week after he and the HC got into it Sunday.

Now Jalen Ramsey wants to be traded, so does Taco Charlton, disgruntled players are piling up. Taco isn't surprising, Dallas likes to string guys along and release them as late as possible and had him sitting inactive so far. I guess Jalen isn't surprising either since he is an enormous asshole.
    /s

Man, both Minkah Fitzpatrick AND Jalen Ramsey want out of Florida?

Someone could take their secondary next level pretty quick if they wanted to. Our CBs are pretty good, but we'd easily have the best secondary in the league if we landed even one....

....of course, Jalen Ramsey trashed on Josh Allen last year, so I don't think he'll ever be in Buffalo, lol.

Wow this week really flew by, seems like only yesterday when I last has to mute the stupid MNF song.
    /s