Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Always throw out week 1 when evaluating teams. NFL teams often aren't quite ready to play week 1. And they dominated the Jets game. Baker Mayfield looks like Bret Favre. Favre was a great QB but would have stretches where he went into gunslinger mode and fired it to the other team too many times. I see that in Baker Mayfield.
    You're correct about week 1, but its just the way they lost that game that was concerning; penalties (34 for 300 + yard in 3 games so far), Baker running for his life, Kitchens looking in over his head. I'd also hardly call the Jets game dominating. Aside from the long pass to OBJ, it was shaky. Which is cool, a win is a win, especially by 20. And then last night essentially epitomized why the Browns will probably go 5-11: penalties, Baker running for his life, Kitchens looking in over his head.

I honestly feel the worst for Baker. Its obvious he's hearing ghosts, always bailing to his right at the first sign of trouble, something teams will pick up going forward. I seriously fear what Belichick is gonna do to Kitchens when they face off, if Kitchens isn't fired by then.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Man, Lions over Philly, what is happening this year?
    Philly is pretty much decimated by injuries (already)--down Malik Jackson/Jernigan/Darby/Alshon/DJax, etc. But mostly the fact that they turned the ball over and dropped 7 passes, including a game winning touchdown (for the 2nd week in a row). Some questionable officiating as well (shocker), but I can't blame that.

Related, for anyone who hasn't seen it: A guy was interviewed by the local news here because he was literally catching babies being thrown from a window from a burning building. The end of the interview is priceless (and NFL related):

https://twitter.com/NatalieEgenolf/s...53071421968384

10+ Year Old Account

This game's gonna end 3-0, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, 3-0 on offense I guess.

I just saw a commercial during this game with Mahomes pouring like a pound of ketchup on a steak. I know he's said that before, but I'm much more upset about that than anything that can happen in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keenum throwing pick sixes a little earlier than usual.
    /s

Holy shit I've turned this game off already. Both these offenses look......well, offensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit I've turned this game off already. Both these offenses look......well, offensive.
    Reminds me of this MTG card.

...Did Booger just say that Montgomery was Chicago's best running back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually a broadcaster doing analysis is a recipe for being immediately proven wrong, but as long as they talk about Trubisky being inaccurate they will always look like they know what they're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

goddamn that Washington defense....
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think this game is great, ESPN is already promoting next week. An affair between two 0-3 teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Third turnover? Man, it sounds like there's a ton of Bears fans in the stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we get to see Haskins tonight.
    /s

I want to know why the Redskins and the Dolphins have MNF games this year and the THREE AND OH MOTHERFUCKING BUFFALO BILLS DO NOT.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't tell me you didn't know these two teams would be awful before the season started.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. That Miami/Pittsburgh game might be the worst MNF game in the history of ever, but at least you had reason to think Pittsburgh was a contender when you were making the schedule.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to know why the Redskins and the Dolphins have MNF games this year and the THREE AND OH MOTHERFUCKING BUFFALO BILLS DO NOT.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't tell me you didn't know these two teams would be awful before the season started.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. That Miami/Pittsburgh game might be the worst MNF game in the history of ever, but at least you had reason to think Pittsburgh was a contender when you were making the schedule.
    I'm surprised they don't even have a prime time game unless they get flexed late in the year. Even Arizona has a prime time game, granted it is on Halloween.

Haha... oh man, that Dolphins/Steelers game is 3 days before the AZ Thursday game, might as well unplug the TV that week.
    /s

Technically all teams have a "primetime" game at least once a year. This year ours is Thanksgiving, at Dallas, which counts as primetime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Washington was 0-2 with zero turnovers so they tried to change things up tonight. Also all these two-point tries just make me think Gruden is bad at math.
    /s

Gruden should have been fired years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone heard of Playmakers? Was a 2003 HBO-esque drama on ESPN about life as a pro football player. Just started it and it's pretty good. Apparently the NFL made them drop it after 1 season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playmakers
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Anyone heard of Playmakers? Was a 2003 HBO-esque drama on ESPN about life as a pro football player. Just started it and it's pretty good. Apparently the NFL made them drop it after 1 season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playmakers
    Yeah I actually liked it, but it was just TOO many issues happening all at once. I can see why the league wanted ESPN to stop showing it though.

I heard Rosen looked decent in the first half of the Dolphins/Cowboys game, kept it close, WRs dropped balls so they only got 6 points.....and then the wheels fell off in the 2nd half. Would love the analysis of someone who watched the game. Bills at Dallas on Thanksgiving shaping up to be a good game. Man, Lions over Philly, what is happening this year?
    Cowboys started out dominate in their first two drives (dolphins came out strong too) and then after they scored their first touchdown, the offense turned into what a 10 year old would do if he was playing madden on rookie. Dak started throwing up yolo balls and the offense went flat. A couple of three and outs, an INT and the Cowboys all of sudden looked in trouble. They got bailed out of trailing at the halftime by the Dolphins being the Dolphins (missed FG, a drop and a fumble in the redzone) and by a negated onside kick that should have counted and given Miami the ball back. Credit to the Cowboys that when they came out of the half, they took the Dolphins serious and completely shut em out.

I took a peek at the Bills schedule and its pretty favorable from here on out till they play the Cowboys. That thanksgiving game will be huge because for the Cowboys it'll be coming off the heels of the Pats game.

As for Philly, Cowboy fans sure aren't surprised at what's happening. For the last three years we've all been scratching our heads as to why Philly is always consistently considered the class of the division. With Wentz at the helm, outside a 13 game stretch in 2017, the Eagles have been a consistently mediocre team. There postseason success the last two years has pretty much been because of Foles (without him the Eagles would of washed out of the playoffs in 2017 and out of the hunt last year when Wentz went down). I'm sure they'll bounce back once they get their full compliment of players but none of their next 8 games are gimmies. Unlike the Cowboys, they wont get to play the Giants, Skins and Dolphins until December and if they don't at least go 4-4 till then, or even just 3-5, it'll probably be game over for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrotera View Post
    Dak started throwing up yolo balls and the offense went flat.
    He admitted to this as well https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns/2415357001/