Seattle's offense relying 110% on Wilson, Patriots steamrolling for yet another title, Browns apparently deciding to be Browns again, some things haven't changed much.
    The amount of starting QBs out was a bit of a surprise. Quote me for being wrong, but conference finals will be Chiefs at Patriots and Cowboys at Rams. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrotera View Post
    As for Philly, Cowboy fans sure aren't surprised at what's happening. For the last three years we've all been scratching our heads as to why Philly is always consistently considered the class of the division. With Wentz at the helm, outside a 13 game stretch in 2017, the Eagles have been a consistently mediocre team. There postseason success the last two years has pretty much been because of Foles (without him the Eagles would of washed out of the playoffs in 2017 and out of the hunt last year when Wentz went down). I'm sure they'll bounce back once they get their full compliment of players but none of their next 8 games are gimmies. Unlike the Cowboys, they wont get to play the Giants, Skins and Dolphins until December and if they don't at least go 4-4 till then, or even just 3-5, it'll probably be game over for them.
    I mean, let's look at the last 3 years.

2016: Eagles weren't favored at all. I don't think the Cowboys were though either (maybe the Giants?). Cowboys did well though. Wentz showed promise, Dak showed more promise. Cowboys were one and done in the postseason.

2017: Cowboys were favorites. The Eagles dumpstered the Cowboys and won the Superbowl. Wentz looks like an MVP, Dak regressed. Eagles favoritism seems obvious here...

2018: Eagles were favored...because they were the reigning SB champs. With that said, Cowboys won the division and the Eagles were decimated by injuries. Yet, same end result--both teams won a playoff game and lost in the divisional round. Wentz played well (the numbers don't lie here), but wasn't MVP Wentz. Dak also made progress. The Eagles showed they can overcome injuries, again, while the Cowboys still don't look over the hump despite all of the talent.

2019: So what do we have...A proven Eagles organization with 4 playoff wins, a Superbowl, and a QB who has shown MVP level talent who is finally healthy and also a competent coach. A Cowboys team with 1 playoff win, but still considered underachieving given their talent (which is quite high) and still an unfavorable coach. They both look pretty good, but can you blame anyone for favoring the Eagles here? Say what you want about what it looks like on paper (which is pretty close), but the Eagles overcome adversity and get results--the Cowboys do not.

I'm sure some of the disrespect the Cowboys receive is still rooted in their struggles for the last ~25 years. They're still a franchise people just don't trust. That probably isn't completely fair to them, but it is what it is. If they want that respect (I'm sure they couldn't care less) they need to win something meaningful.

But hey, can't argue the results this year. The Cowboys have had a slightly fluffier schedule than the Eagles, but they look great. The Eagles are decimated by injuries (again), but still don't look good. Their schedule also looks tough.

But saying "we Cowboys fans saw this coming" is less about objective arguments as to why and more about your love of the team coming out. Which is fine, but let's call it what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burfict throwing punches with the vikings after plays. This guy has the mind of a child. He'll never change because it's in his DNA to be dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumping Linehan and getting Moore should hopefully get rid of the staleness that we've suffered through. Should be living up to our promise if Moore is the genius we all think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    But saying "we Cowboys fans saw this coming" is less about objective arguments as to why and more about your love of the team coming out. Which is fine, but let's call it what it is.
    You're not wrong, but you're not all the way right either as I am being pretty objective here. Yes, the Eagles have had a metric ton of postseason success, but its been because of Foles, not Wentz. Don't get me wrong, I did find the year by year breakdown pretty spot on, although I would add that the underachieving narrative doesn't apply to the Cowboys as they overachieved in 2016, regressed to the mean in 2017 as a one note pony and were devoid of offensive talent in all aspects of pass catching until Coop showed up in 2018. They too were decimated by injuries and suspensions in 2017 but unlike the Eagles in 2018 who barely made it to the postseason with a lot of help, the Cowboys didn't catch any breaks (both ended up with 9-7 seasons tho.) But anyways, you didn't really address the crux of my point, which is that Wentz led Eagle teams have been more mediocre than excellent. Again, dont get me wrong, Wentz numbers definitely paint a different narrative, but there's no escaping the fact that in three seasons, only one has Wentz with a winning record as a starter. Therefore, Cowboy fans are not at all surprised to see an Eagles team that should really be 3-0, at 1-2 (as much as I actually like Wentz, I have a sneaking suspicion that he lacks what Foles had, which was getting a football team to play for him). Again, that is not to say the Eagles are overrated crap and will def miss the playoffs this year but your point that in 2019 we have a proven Eagles organization is a misnomer. What we have is an Eagles organization that no longer has Nick Foles, and therefore has a lot of question marks around it. Can Wentz lead the Eagles in the postseason the way Nick did, can Wentz stay healthy and what happens if he does go down?

Also, this isn't getting talked about because the Cowboys are 3-0 and are playing college teams, but they've also been hit with the injury bug.

Edit: One more thing, the Eagle-Cowboy matchups should be very interesting this year because 4 years in, Dak has pretty much owned Wentz in head to head matchups. Except for that one game in 2017 when Wentz obliterated the Cowboys (injury and suspension excuses aside) Dak just seems to have a knack for beating the Eagles.
    Last edited by Agrotera; 2019-09-25 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrotera View Post
    But anyways, you didn't really address the crux of my point, which is that Wentz led Eagle teams have been more mediocre than excellent. Again, dont get me wrong, Wentz numbers definitely paint a different narrative, but there's no escaping the fact that in three seasons, only one has Wentz with a winning record as a starter. Therefore, Cowboy fans are not at all surprised to see an Eagles team that should really be 3-0, at 1-2 (as much as I actually like Wentz, I have a sneaking suspicion that he lacks what Foles had, which was getting a football team to play for him).

Also, this isn't getting talked about because the Cowboys are 3-0 and are playing college teams, but they've also been hit with the injury bug.
    It's hard to argue this one because it's, frankly, not really possible to quantify (short of player feedback). It's a question most Eagles fans have though. When you look at 2018 (2017 looks insanely Wentz biased of course) the difference when Foles took over wasn't really offense. Foles' offense scored about a point more per game, while the defense gave up almost 6 points less a game when comparing his starts to Wentz's (this may fit the team playing for him narrative, or could be Foles simply getting a better situation). Foles wasn't exactly magic against the Bears, and certainly not against the Saints either. With that said though, it's certainly an interesting topic to debate.

But if you've watched Wentz this year, you've seen a guy literally brute forcing his team to stay in the game. There's a funny narrative out there that he's thrown 2 game winning TD passes the last two weeks only to lose both games (related to his receivers inability to catch the ball). But I guess that doesn't really dispel the whole "the team plays for Foles" narrative.

On the injuries...I'll stand pretty firm that what the Eagles are dealing with is on a bit of a different level compared to the Cowboys. But, if they're as good as originally projected though, they should still be 3-0. If the Cowboys schedule was college tier, the Eagles was XFL tier at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jennifer Lopez and Shakira headline the Superbowl Half Time Show at Superbowl 54 in Miami.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/26/je...ce=twitter.com

Eh. Could have been worse I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Jennifer Lopez and Shakira headline the Superbowl Half Time Show at Superbowl 54 in Miami.
    What year is it?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    What year is it?
    Probably the last time we went to the Superbowl.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    What year is it?
    Well, Blink 182 is in the news and people are getting excited for Final Fantasy 7... so sometime around 1996?

15+ Year Old Account
    With tackles like that it's no surprise so many Eagles players are injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovely start to a Thursday game. Eagles do not know how to tackle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two really brutal H2Hs from Philly already. Should have had at least one ejection
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Every time I see this Baker Mayfield Progressive ad, I fall into the old trope of, "Probably shoulda been practicing Baker," even though I know it's ridiculously fallacious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Eagles do not know how to tackle.
    Well, they do, but apparently it involves grabbing the face mask.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been an enjoyable Thursday game so far. That doesn't happen very often.

Holy shit Samuel L. Jackson to Alexa is the best part of this so far, and this is a decent game
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a catch.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually smart play by Pederson by NOT challenging. TO is more important then maybe winning back 8 yards.

Man the injury rate on Thursday games has to be higher, then again constant Philly tackle attempts leading with their helmets sure is leading to a lot of this...

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/26/je...ce=twitter.com

Eh. Could have been worse I guess?
    As long as Shakira doesn't sing WAKA-WAKA.