Redskins are going to get Haskins without even trading up. Miami didn't take a QB, shows how much the media hyped up the QBs this year.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Lions surprise with the first TE, Hockenson. Helps both their pass and run game. I like it.
    HI yes fuck the Lions. At least the Bengals saved us having to draft a backup lineman.

Other thoughts.

Giants trying to catch Mahomes in a bottle twice. I think this is more Bortles than Mahomes though.

Everybody got their QB and didn't need to trade up. That's rare.

Dolphins new hash tag for 2019. #PhishTankForTua

I'm now worried Packers draft Lock at 30.

Also hoping the Packers trade up for Fant.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Josh Rosen's stats looked bad, but his film looked pretty good, if you watched it. Better than Darnold and Allen when not hit instantly, better defensive reads, he just had an offensive coach who sucked and a WR group that includes ancient Larry Fitz and a young Christian Kirk when everyone knows you need a couple years for a WR to develop fully.

It's just seemingly unprecedented to give up on a top 10 QB pick in one year. Especially considering how awful Wilks was, and the offensive line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The problem with the Rosen situation is I don't think you can label him a bust, looking at what was around him. The idea could have been to help him out on the offense, and then, yanno, figure out if he's a bust or no.
    Far as I'm concerned if you draft a QB high (did they even trade up?) and then turn around and use the #1 pick on another QB, something was a bust. Either the GM whiffed on the first QB, or whiffed on his coach. Both of which should get him fired, especially if he can't recoup a first for said QB.

Well, Wilks was definitely a bust as a coach. And Byron Leftwich seemed to be disinterested in doing anything but being interim coach.

Well, Wilks was definitely a bust as a coach. And Byron Leftwich seemed to be disinterested in doing anything but being interim coach.
    Not to mention they started the year with an OC that was fired the year before for being a disaster and calling plays that were never practiced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two new QBs in the NFC East great... cuz the talking heads don't yak about the NFC East enough already.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Redskins are going to get Haskins without even trading up. Miami didn't take a QB, shows how much the media hyped up the QBs this year.
    The QB class is kind of weak compared to last years (and next years) but hyping up the QBs gets the most fanfare I guess. I thought Murray and Haskins were really the only two actually worth anything, with Drew Lock as a potential development piece. Apparently the Giants wanted the guy that looks like he could be a member of the Manning family though.

Oh man, I totally forgot Drew Lock was still on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    What's Daniel O'Brien's upside? Even trying to be optimistic I don't really see how he deserved to be picked at 6. He completed 60 percent of his passes for 22 tds and 9 ints last year, and he's not an athlete.

Sure, he played tough competition, but those are incredibly mediocre credentials that sound more like a second rounder to me.
    Well, for one, he's so meh that his name is actually Daniel Jones. And the idea is that he played on Duke and couldn't get a fair shot with real talent (as if the Giants have that). Something someone said on the broadcast is Dwayne Haskins will probably have played with more drafted players in high school than Jones played with in college.

Well, for one, he's so meh that his name is actually Daniel Jones.
    You mean Daniel Manning? That face is definitely a Manning, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    You mean Daniel Manning? That face is definitely a Manning, right?
    Elight Manning

Denver taking a TE that isn't injured? I think someone stopped letting Elway pick the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texans reaching hard. They could have traded back or moved up in the second round and get this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I mean the Kingsbury hire. Either he picked the wrong QB, or picked the wrong coach to coach him up.

Also trading up for a safety for the Packers. Some things never change. If nothing else, if this defense isn't top ten this year Pettine is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nah I mean the Kingsbury hire. Either he picked the wrong QB, or picked the wrong coach to coach him up.

Also trading up for a safety for the Packers. Some things never change. If nothing else, if this defense isn't top ten this year Pettine is gone.
    My worst nightmare is Arizona trading Rosen to the Patriots for that 32nd pick to get 32 and 33. Then the Dolphins tank for Tua. And if Allen doesn't work out, we're then fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Redskins already looking to kill Daniel Jones.

10+ Year Old Account
    My worst nightmare is Arizona trading Rosen to the Patriots for that 32nd pick to get 32 and 33. Then the Dolphins tank for Tua. And if Allen doesn't work out, we're then fucked.
    If I were any team, I'd not even call. Force the Cards to eat the money by releasing him.

Is anyone else kind of leery over all of these Clemson D-Lineman being taken? I can't remember where I read/heard it, but a good thought was brought up that discussed how all of those guys together may have made each of them look a lot better than they really are. That is...the whole line was talented so no one could truly receive a good deal of focus from the opposing offense without compromising things too much. And they all took heat off each other in various ways. Against far better competition in the NFL and without that type of line-wide protection, they may get exposed. They're good, but maybe not *that* good, so-to-speak.

They all may turn out to be great (certainly appears that way), but I thought it was an interesting, cautious and maybe a bit contrarian take on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy with the Raiders picks tonight. Far happier than I was after night one last year.