10+ Year Old Account
    Thats Mahomes money.

NFL needs a max contract limit in the next CBA. NFLPA will never allow it, meanwhile they'll keep barking at the NFL to be as "progressive" as the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Thats Mahomes money.

NFL needs a max contract limit in the next CBA. NFLPA will never allow it, meanwhile they'll keep barking at the NFL to be as "progressive" as the NBA.
    Yea, they can be as progressive as the NBA when they play 82 games with 15 players.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Yeah, no. He aint worth 21.25% of the total team's cap.

If he was absolutely destroying the league, maybe. But he's not that level to demand so much.

Meanwhile all the bullshit about AB turned out to infact be, bullshit. Funny what happens when people all get their story from the same source in Pittsburgh: https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1161016736013004803
    IDK if it's BS or if he just threatened it to try and force the arbiter to rule in his favor.

Also, rumors abound that Clowney is about to be traded.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    IDK if it's BS or if he just threatened it to try and force the arbiter to rule in his favor.

Also, rumors abound that Clowney is about to be traded.
    The full story was not only that he threatened to retire, but he'd gone dark on the team and they had no idea where he was.

This while he was turning up to meetings and being seen at camp by on site reporters.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Pretty much. I welcome Cowboys fans who think he's a franchise QB. Please sign him for $40 mil a year and remain a joke of a franchise.
    I totally disagree with asking for 40 million, but we could always be worse. We could be the Redskins

If he keeps insisting with this price point, we'll likely be looking to drafting another pretty soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I totally disagree with asking for 40 million, but we could always be worse. We could be the Redskins

If he keeps insisting with this price point, we'll likely be looking to drafting another pretty soon.
    Speaking of Redskins, not many people have been talking about the Trent Williams shitstorm. Dude is holding out not even wanting to play for them because of their medical staff and how his injuries were treated last season. Redskins refusing to trade him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Redskins, not many people have been talking about the Trent Williams shitstorm. Dude is holding out not even wanting to play for them because of their medical staff and how his injuries were treated last season. Redskins refusing to trade him.
    May an eternity of being sub .500, and hopefully go full Browns, await them. Until Dan Snyder gets the fuck out, they will always be terrible and act terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no. Even worse than just injuries. He had a growth on his head. Had it checked out by Washington medical staff and they told him it was fine. Went to get it checked after the season and it turned out that it had to be removed pronto. That's what upset him so.

And with his distrust of the medical staff he has basically said "I don't want to deal with you guys any longer". Washington's only options are apparently to trade him or pay him a WHOLE lot more money to compensate.

Honestly, Washington should have probably traded him when they had a chance, cause the dude has made his cash already and he doesn't care that he loses a year of salary. It's either that or pay him more than Trent Brown got from the Raiders and potentially regret the contract in 2 or 3 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the Saints fired medical staff when they misdiagnosed Delvin Breaux, but I think there were other incidents with them they were dissatisfied with and it added up. Of course there are plenty other things people can point to with Washington's medical staff but no action is being taken.

- - - Updated - - -

Andrew Luck has a calf issue, no its a bone problem, no its a high ankle issue...

Getting deja vu from these nebulous Luck injury evaluations.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    May an eternity of being sub .500, and hopefully go full Browns, await them. Until Dan Snyder gets the fuck out, they will always be terrible and act terrible.
    Yeah, after they refused to fix the field that players complained about, then their QB and 2 seahawks blew out their knees in the same game I could really care less about that team.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hell no. Even worse than just injuries. He had a growth on his head. Had it checked out by Washington medical staff and they told him it was fine. Went to get it checked after the season and it turned out that it had to be removed pronto. That's what upset him so.

And with his distrust of the medical staff he has basically said "I don't want to deal with you guys any longer". Washington's only options are apparently to trade him or pay him a WHOLE lot more money to compensate.

Honestly, Washington should have probably traded him when they had a chance, cause the dude has made his cash already and he doesn't care that he loses a year of salary. It's either that or pay him more than Trent Brown got from the Raiders and potentially regret the contract in 2 or 3 years.
    I didn't hear about that. Thats fucking insane.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Andrew Luck has a calf issue, no its a bone problem, no its a high ankle issue...

Getting deja vu from these nebulous Luck injury evaluations.
    Very weird how they've handled Luck's injuries as well, at least publicly. Its clear they know whats wrong. Just don't want to say or tell the truth. First it was calf, now its ankle/bone issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard Knocks was decent, the AB drama didn't take up much time, which is good when it's already become a non issue.

Seeing Ritchie Incognito act as the voice of reason in a massive Rams/Raiders brawl though is weird as hell, what happened to that guy in therapy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Today was the first of a few joint practices between the Titans and the Patriots, in the run up to Saturday's game, and it was pretty fun to see the banter and joking around between the players and coaches that know each other from shared time on the Patriots.

I still think joint practices are the way coaches will have to get the maximum of training time and growth out of their teams if the NFL moves to an 18 game season. There's just not enough time otherwise, and joint practices are always that much more intense and competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Today was the first of a few joint practices between the Titans and the Patriots, in the run up to Saturday's game, and it was pretty fun to see the banter and joking around between the players and coaches that know each other from shared time on the Patriots.

I still think joint practices are the way coaches will have to get the maximum of training time and growth out of their teams if the NFL moves to an 18 game season. There's just not enough time otherwise, and joint practices are always that much more intense and competitive.
    I think I heard Pete Carroll is very against joint practicing, even if they happened to have a team that was physically near them outside of the division. Once the public and media are barred from attending training camp they move everything indoors too. Maybe he is a conspiracy theorist after all.

They did their first scrim game at a local high school stadium early in training camp this year. Carroll had positive remarks about it afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trent Williams isn't the only one. Colt McCoy too. Think the Redskins might need to be investigated. At the very least, medical malpractice is something that carries a hefty fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Cardinals team could easily go 0-16 and I wouldn't batter an eyelid.

Is the MMO champion fantasy league coming back this year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Is the MMO champion fantasy league coming back this year?
    Probably not. Havent seen @Alae on and I simply dont have the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    "NFL is reinstating Patriots’ WR Josh Gordon, league source tells ESPN." - Schefter

Well then. And just at a moment when Patriots pass catchers are dropping like flies with minor injuries. Talk about a welcome return.

Maybe they finally decided (rightly so) that smoking weed wasn't that bad, considering what the hell the rest of the league gets away with.

IDK why weed is even on their prohibited drugs list. It offers no performance enhancement, just pain management and a little R&R.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    IDK why weed is even on their prohibited drugs list. It offers no performance enhancement, just pain management and a little R&R.
    Because the NFL knows the players want it, so it will be leverage until the players give something up for it. Because they don't care that the game, they play forces this players to be in significant pain.