Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ...

Turns out they moved the goalposts on the issue, they said a certification would be ok, which this helmet has. Then changed their minds and will test it any way.

Regardless, it's not affecting AB who was at practice today, there was a segment this week where someone was asking the Hard Knocks crew why they didn't cover the helmet story more, turns out that it really isn't a thing at camp, and they're focused on playing football.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Cedric Benson has passed away in a motorcycle accident.

Fuck 2222. The most dangerous road in Austin.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    So apparently AB missed practice and it sounds like he's one more missed practice from being cut. Or this is all just Hard Knocks drama. Can't really tell with AB and Gruden.

https://twitter.com/MylesASimmons/st...09215835426816
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic: Bloodsail Buccaneers - Alliance
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Pretty much. I welcome Cowboys fans who think he's a franchise QB. Please sign him for $40 mil a year and remain a joke of a franchise.
    Cowboys fan here, and its not a matter of whether hes worth 40 million or not, its a matter of market value. Once Mahomes gets his monster contract, and sets the new market value, 40 million a year will probably seem more reasonable. I mean, if they end up franchising Dak, that final year will net him 35 million anyways. Also, come on, Dak is a franchise QB, and I only say that because it doesn't take much to be considered a franchise QB imo. In this NFL era you're pretty much paying for stability and availability. Look at Wentz's contract. My dude is getting paid 32 mil a year despite two season ending injuries and a hope that he'll stay healthy and reach his prodigious talent. Jimmy G got 27 mil based on six games. You don't need to of reached these certain milestones to get paid anymore, its essentially "do you not suck, well heres 25-30 million a year." In two years it'll probably be 35-40 million.

If the preseason so far is an indication of how the season is going to go, the only thing worse than Denver's offense is going to be ESPN's MNF coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrotera View Post
    Cowboys fan here, and its not a matter of whether hes worth 40 million or not, its a matter of market value. Once Mahomes gets his monster contract, and sets the new market value, 40 million a year will probably seem more reasonable. I mean, if they end up franchising Dak, that final year will net him 35 million anyways. Also, come on, Dak is a franchise QB, and I only say that because it doesn't take much to be considered a franchise QB imo. In this NFL era you're pretty much paying for stability and availability. Look at Wentz's contract. My dude is getting paid 32 mil a year despite two season ending injuries and a hope that he'll stay healthy and reach his prodigious talent. Jimmy G got 27 mil based on six games. You don't need to of reached these certain milestones to get paid anymore, its essentially "do you not suck, well heres 25-30 million a year." In two years it'll probably be 35-40 million.
    I get the market value argument and having to beat others to market or pay even more, but his market value isn't even close to $40 mil right now. In no circumstance should he be the highest paid QB in the league. He's a franchise QB, albeit a mediocre one. I won't go as far as to say that signing him is the Cowboys resigning themselves to never getting past the divisional round--but it wouldn't be a stretch either.

On the Wentz comparison--can't argue the injury part at all as he's a risk. But the difference there is that, when healthy, Wentz has shown he's an MVP candidate. Dak hasn't shown anything remotely close to that (but has certainly proven to be more reliable than Wentz). With that said, would I scoff at Dak getting paid Wentz money? A little, but I'd get that. That seems to be the tier he's in due to his reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    If the preseason so far is an indication of how the season is going to go, the only thing worse than Denver's offense is going to be ESPN's MNF coverage.
    We've won two preseason games and now everyone thinks we're going at least 10-6, when Vegas has our line at 6 wins. The koolaid is flowing.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, reliability (in terms of not getting injured) is not something you should pay someone for, because it's pretty fucking random. Peyton was pretty reliable.....until he got a neck injury, and then he was gone for a whole season. And afterwards he wasn't the same guy.

Meanwhile, Brady tore an achilles, sat a season, and came back right on form.