Newton being out makes it team #8 (unless I can't count) using a backup QB now, and it is only week 3. That is rough.

I'm waiting for Brown to sign with the Chiefs next. Andy Reid has a thing for trying to help people, and he would get along well with their special WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    And Antonio Brown was released by the Patriots.. boy the fun never ends
    I usually give people the benefit of the doubt but...

This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    AB is done. If he blew up the Raiders locker room, and the Patriots couldn't handle him, there's no team left desperate enough to sign him.
    Patriots handled him fine for as long as the many sexual harrassment skeletons were still in his closet. When those skeletons started coming out and he became more distraction than addition, the Patriots cut bait.

I didn't like the AB signing even before the many skeletons, let alone after it. So good riddance I say. We didn't need him, he just made things even more ridiculous on offense. We'll no doubt do fine the rest of the season too, and even if we don't, I'd rather struggle without AB than succeed with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahaha.... the NFL has temporarily banned all on-field pyrotechnics.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Hahahahaha.... the NFL has temporarily banned all on-field pyrotechnics.
    Huh? why? Was there anything that happened that I missed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Huh? why? Was there anything that happened that I missed?

This field is on fiiiiiire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those contraptions are no joke. You can feel the heat sitting about 120 feet away when its 45 degrees out when they're going off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I totally forgot about that one

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

This field is on fiiiiiire.
    Someone should screen grab that image. Photoshop AB with the dude holding the fire extinguisher, and turn it into a n "Everything is Fine" meme.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.

Which XFL team is likely to sign AB first?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrotera View Post
    I highly doubt the Browns will be in the mix as their penchant for self imploding like they did in Tennessee won't be solved anytime this season. Not to mention their next five games are freaking brutal. Rams, Ravens, Niners, Hawks and Pats. Yikes. Best case they go 1-4 in that stretch and may very well be 3-7 by week 10 (Note: Im actually worried for Baker next week as I can only imagine what Donald is going to do to that Browns O-line).
    That schedule isn't as bad as it looks. The Browns gets the Rams and Seahawks at home. That means its a west coast team traveling to the eastern time zone. That is ALWAYS tough for the west coast team, particularly when they have to play a very good club like the Browns. I mean, I think all the west coast teams have losing records when on the road in the eastern time zone over the past 10 years. And just because the Ravens ran it up on a hapless Dolphins team doesn't crown them division champs.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    So.

Which XFL team is likely to sign AB first?
    He can be the XFL's first Heel.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    That schedule isn't as bad as it looks. The Browns gets the Rams and Seahawks at home. That means its a west coast team traveling to the eastern time zone. That is ALWAYS tough for the west coast team, particularly when they have to play a very good club like the Browns. I mean, I think all the west coast teams have losing records when on the road in the eastern time zone over the past 10 years. And just because the Ravens ran it up on a hapless Dolphins team doesn't crown them division champs.
    Yeahhhh, I don't think you can call a team like the Browns a "very good club." There coming off a losing season and they've looked shaky against two of the worst football teams in the league. They got slaughtered at home by a Tennessee team that just lost to two backup QBs and its not like they were able to run it up on a hapless Jets team starting their third string QB either sooooo......

And sure, West coast teams do have a tough time in the eastern time zone but unfortunately because the Browns aren't a very good team, Vegas still has them as home underdogs against the Rams and will more than likely not be favored at home when they play Seattle too. More to my point, the Browns wont be favored to win in any of these next five games. Now, they have the talent to rip off a a lot of wins because every game after the Pats is winnable but given that the Browns offense hasn't been at all dominate and Baker shaky, its hard to tell if all those personalities won't turn on each other when they possibly head into Denver on a six game losing streak.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the word is there are teams interested in signing AB if the NFL investigation results in nothing.

My money is on the Dolphins, who will promptly trade him in the offseason for more picks.

Or, if his value is that damaged, one of the terrible teams with a rookie QB.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Agrotera View Post
    Yeahhhh, I don't think you can call a team like the Browns a "very good club." There coming off a losing season and they've looked shaky against two of the worst football teams in the league. They got slaughtered at home by a Tennessee team that just lost to two backup QBs and its not like they were able to run it up on a hapless Jets team starting their third string QB either sooooo......

And sure, West coast teams do have a tough time in the eastern time zone but unfortunately because the Browns aren't a very good team, Vegas still has them as home underdogs against the Rams and will more than likely not be favored at home when they play Seattle too. More to my point, the Browns wont be favored to win in any of these next five games. Now, they have the talent to rip off a a lot of wins because every game after the Pats is winnable but given that the Browns offense hasn't been at all dominate and Baker shaky, its hard to tell if all those personalities won't turn on each other when they possibly head into Denver on a six game losing streak.
    Always throw out week 1 when evaluating teams. NFL teams often aren't quite ready to play week 1. And they dominated the Jets game. Baker Mayfield looks like Bret Favre. Favre was a great QB but would have stretches where he went into gunslinger mode and fired it to the other team too many times. I see that in Baker Mayfield.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using a pic of him and someone that is likely the sexual assault accuser is quite a horrible look.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's a good day for some fooooobaawwww. I have today off from work, so I got us a pizza and some chips/dip for game day snackage. Going to watch the Cowboys hopefully make sushi outta Miami (stepdad's team) and then see my Texans in action later.
    Last edited by Texan Penguin; 2019-09-22 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Bobblehead View Post
    Well, it's a good day for some fooooobaawwww. I have today off from work, so I got us a pizza and some chips/dip. Going to watch the Cowboys make sushi outta Miami (stepdad's team) and then see my Texans in action later.
    Squish the Fish!

Jets @ Pats, hopefully a good game. Jets usually play us tough for at least a half. 3rd string QB though...

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Squish the Fish!

Jets @ Pats, hopefully a good game. Jets usually play us tough for at least a half. 3rd string QB though...
    Miami’s making a solid push, though they botched the FG... Not sure if I should get the wasabi paste just yet.

I've changed my mind on who is going to be 4th in the AFCW, it won't be the Raiders.