The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can we make the Redskins the new face of organizational dysfunction since the Browns are at least competent now? Credit Gruden for surviving 6 years in that madness at all.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Considering the Redskins most likely would have made the playoffs last year if Alex Smith didn't snap his leg in half, not sure doing that now is exactly warranted. Then again, it might be entirely because he didn't want Haskins to begin with and played Colt McCoy over him. Happens when your owner is the one picking QBs, not the first he has done that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jerry at least has stepped back. His only issue now is being too loyal to his coaches. Speaking of, his clapback on the ref - Garret interaction was amazing lol. Reminded me of my grandpa.

Snyder deserves everything he's getting by the franchise being a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Patriots had TE Ben Watson on the suspended list and had an exemption for him until 4pm ET today. They did not open a roster spot for him, so he was released.

Bill Belichick when asked why "We just didn't have the roster spot."

Kinda disappointed cause Watson is an A+ human being and was still serviceable last year, but I guess BB is content with the TE's he has on the roster, even though they have shown almost nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Washington has been hilarious to watch from my perspective as a Dallas Fan in the DC area. The only sad part is how much some of their fans have been in denial until the last couple years.

- - - Updated - - -

Any time the owner is as involved as Jerry or Snyder I get worried.
    Jerry's honestly the exception because I feel like he at least gets this whole football thing.

Snyder, like Jimmy Haslam before him, only seems capable of picking overhyped college QBs that flame out in the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, nice way to start your offense for the Niners. First play, 83 yard run by Breida. Straight through the middle.

- - - Updated - - -

And then Baker immediately throws a pick. Could be a long game for the Browns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Jerry's honestly the exception because I feel like he at least gets this whole football thing.

Snyder, like Jimmy Haslam before him, only seems capable of picking overhyped college QBs that flame out in the NFL.
    Jerry won a NC as an O lineman for the Arkansas Razorbacks. He absolutely knows football better than a good many people, although not at the GM level. He just gets attached to people too easily.

Actually might explain why we treat our O Lineman so well.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now Baker coughs it up on 3rd and 3. This is turning out to be a shitshow, and it's still the first quarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck Tess and the commentator jinx.

And another pick.
    At the goal line.
    The Browns are back, boys!

Nick Bosa showed up huge, lots of pressure and force Browns to make turnovers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's so hard to figure out what the Browns' issue is but I'm really starting to think Kitchens was elevated too fast. He might be one of those "great OC, terrible HC" guys. Can't fault the Browns for wanting to keep him after what he managed to do last year, but was he even getting traction with the other coach vacancies? Seems like they could have grabbed, say, Eberflus out of Indie and had him keep Kitchens on as the OC.

49ers are also no longer an underrated undefeated I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NFL upheld its year-long ban for Burfict.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...40486846095361

WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The NFL upheld its year-long ban for Burfict.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...40486846095361

WOW.
    Good Riddance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting page, and data to play around with from Over The Cap: https://overthecap.com/valuation/2019/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Interesting page, and data to play around with from Over The Cap: https://overthecap.com/valuation/2019/
    Fun, lets see who the most overpaid people in the league are, minus injuries & Eli Manning benching.

Frank Clark
    Trumaine Johnson (no surprise there)
    Dee Ford
    Demarcus Lawrence
    Bobby Wagner (his contract is a bit wild for his position)
    Marcel Dareus
    Kirk Cousins

OTC not too kind to pass rushers off to slow starts

Its no surprise that the top 5 underpaid/overperforming players are QBs on rookie deals, but the guy at #6 is somebody I've wanted to talk about here. I don't like to praise players on rival teams, but where the heck did Chris Godwin come from? That dude has been great, 511 yards and 6 TDs, good for top 3 in the league, and that's with a terrible QB.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it has a lot to do with Winston throwing for like 500 yards in one game, plus Mike Evans drawing a lot of double coverage. Because, people forget since he plays for the Bucs, Mike Evans is a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Fun, lets see who the most overpaid people in the league are, minus injuries & Eli Manning benching.

Frank Clark
    Trumaine Johnson (no surprise there)
    Dee Ford
    Demarcus Lawrence
    Bobby Wagner (his contract is a bit wild for his position)
    Marcel Dareus
    Kirk Cousins

OTC not too kind to pass rushers off to slow starts

Its no surprise that the top 5 underpaid/overperforming players are QBs on rookie deals, but the guy at #6 is somebody I've wanted to talk about here. I don't like to praise players on rival teams, but where the heck did Chris Godwin come from? That dude has been great, 511 yards and 6 TDs, good for top 3 in the league, and that's with a terrible QB.
    Dareus is the embodiment of wasted potential.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    3 attempts to get 2 yards and the run game of the Patriots comes up short. Shame after they started really well.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a BAD throw by Brady.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible decision to challenge that incompletion. No way it's close to clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Terrible decision to challenge that incompletion. No way it's close to clear.
    Agreed. Don;t think they'll get it. WAY too many of these challenges are coaches acting on emotion and impulse, instead of looking if there's enough evidence to over turn. That's what you have those guys in the booth for, to check on those things and make sure before you throw the flag.