Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    For being such a young offensive innovator, McVay sure likes getting stuffed on 3rd and short over and over again.
    Everyone likes getting stuffed repeatedly every now and then. Just some more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    That's the thing, the pats secondary barely gave Wentz anything. It has a lot to do with the Eagles having one of the worst receiving depth chart in the league. The Eagles only shot was getting the ball to Ertz.

It would have been a different game if Howard was in though.
    There were a few plays, particularly late where he had other options. The one that stands out was one Romo highlighted. If Wentz hits the running back coming out of the backfield, the entire side of the field is open. But he doesn’t look.

Wentz overall though is getting KILLED by his receivers. He is hitting guys in the hands and the ball is getting dropped or bobbled into a pick. Agholor has cost this team multiple games at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    My husband cannot throw and catch the ball.
    Years later he proved he really can't catch the ball too.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    In a 2019 redraft, Maxx Crosby goes top 10.
    Well, the 4 sacks were against the 0-10 Bengals...

However, he is such a steal late in the fourth round.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Here's my "Eli wasn't the problem" post.

Last year's Eli vs. this year's Jones:

QBR: Eli 49.1, Jones 49.9
    Rating: Eli 92.4 Jones 88.0
    Yds/Game: Eli 268 Jones 220

Jones has provided production very similar to last year's Eli and been lauded for it. The reality is that this team's problem is and has been its defense.
    Isn't one a rookie, and one a highly paid ... veteran? If you were comparing two veteran players, you might have a point.

Word from the NFL is that Rudolph will be fined, which makes sense, he isn't completely innocent. Obviously nothing he did warranted the madness that followed, which is why his punishment would and should be much lighter.
    I don't agree with this. What if he screamed the N word in his face while trying to rip garret's helmet off? Does that warrant the helmet swinging? Probably not. Nothing does short of assault. Does it warrant a multi game suspension? Absofrickinglutely. Garret was a fool, no doubt, Rudolph however initiated the escalation and was a total freaking moron for chasing after him after he was clearly riled. The NFL shouldn't tolerate assault. It also should never tolerate the total lack of grace from a QUARTERBACK that Rudolph displayed. If you are going to go out of your way to protect this position then you need to establish that this position is also responsible for its own safety and should never ever taunt people the way he did.

PS: I am not a browns fan and don't care about this division other than the apparent stupidity it has in regards to its divisional games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if the Chargers are happy they have a home game that isn't played in LA.

- - - Updated - - -

KC already lost Hill and their starting center, fan-freaking-tastic.

- - - Updated - - -

JFC, if the Chargers ran the ball 100% of the time, they'd easily win this game.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2019-11-19 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my "Eli wasn't the problem" post.

Last year's Eli vs. this year's Jones:

QBR: Eli 49.1, Jones 49.9
    Rating: Eli 92.4 Jones 88.0
    Yds/Game: Eli 268 Jones 220

Jones has provided production very similar to last year's Eli and been lauded for it. The reality is that this team's problem is and has been its defense.
    So Eli is no better than a much cheaper rookie QB and is easily replaced, nothing we didn't already know.
    /s

The point is that with roughly league average production from qb, the Giants have been bad both years, and this year they are really bad. So all the scapegoating of Eli last year (virtually every conversation last year about the Giants blamed Eli) was overexaggerated. Yes Eli is no Aaron Rodgers but he wasn’t toast either.
    I think you are missing the point. Eli was highly paid and clearly past his prime. Clearly up that cap space will allow them to spend money on ... you guessed it, the defense! Its not really fair to expect a rookie to play as well as a veteran. The NFL does this now and it completely ruins potential rookies but putting so much pressure on someone that should be there to learn.

The Giants had higher expectation of Eli. Thats why he was canned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Well, the 4 sacks were against the 0-10 Bengals...

However, he is such a steal late in the fourth round.
    9 other teams have played them, none had a 4 sack rookie in there.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bills have a better record than the Chiefs. Where are our Bills fan regulars? Even if they're not a SB team or had an easy schedule they're doing uncharacteristically well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bills have a better record than the Chiefs. Where are our Bills fan regulars? Even if they're not a SB team or had an easy schedule they're doing uncharacteristically well.
    How the heck are they pulling this off even? Feels like nothing on that team is actually good, yet here they are.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    How the heck are they pulling this off even? Feels like nothing on that team is actually good, yet here they are.
    Look at their schedule and who they have beaten.

Jets 3-7
    Giants 2-8
    Bengals 0-10
    Dolphins 2-8
    Titans 5-5
    Washington 1-9
    /s

Yep, those are the teams we've beaten (Dolphins twice).

Against "legitimate" opponents, Philly and the Patriots, we lost. Against a good, talent-wise team performing badly, the Browns, we lost.

So most of us in Buffalo are holding our breath, for now.

Next week we have Denver, then Dallas on Thanksgiving. Denver is another one of those teams performing badly but with legit talent on the defensive side of the ball, and Dallas is rebounding and playing really well, so I think we'll know more about the Bills by the end of next week. They have to go at least 1-1 in those games.

After Dallas:
    Ravens (prediction: loss)
    @ Steelers (prediction: tossup)
    @ Patriots (prediction: loss)
    Jets (prediction: should win)

So really, we need to beat these good-teams performing badly (Denver/Steelers) and then we're pretty much cruising to 10 wins. We could lose Dallas, Baltimore, and NE and it wouldn't matter. If we lose one of these games (or god forbid the Jets game) then we have to pull off one of these hard games or risk going 9-7. That being said, 9-7 in the shitty AFC might be good enough for a wild card.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    @ Patriots (prediction: loss)

So really, we need to beat these good-teams performing badly (Denver/Steelers) and then we're pretty much cruising to 10 wins. We could lose Dallas, Baltimore, and NE and it wouldn't matter. If we lose one of these games (or god forbid the Jets game) then we have to pull off one of these hard games or risk going 9-7. That being said, 9-7 in the shitty AFC might be good enough for a wild card.
    If there was ever a year where you could potentially beat the Pats in a must win it would probably be this year. I know you remember the last time you guys played came down to the last drive and you had to do it with Barkley (yikes). The Pats are completely vulnerable on offense, Brady looks washed, his offensive line can't protect him and they lack speed in every position that requires it. There defense is playing at a historic level but its hard to judge if its dominance has been inflated given the awful teams they've played and the huge L it was given against an actual good offense (Ravens). Who knows if they end up digging themselves out of the rut they are currently in by the time you guys end up playing again but I wouldn't count the Pats game as an automatic loss.

15+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't long ago the Bills were on that list of shit teams. Consistently winning the games you should is a huge step.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

It wasn't long ago the Bills were on that list of shit teams. Consistently winning the games you should is a huge step.
    We've had 1 playoff appearance in 20 years and it was a year we backslid in at 9-7 on a miracle play from Andy Dalton which overjoyed so many Bills fans they ended up donating over half a million dollars to his charitable foundation.

I'll wait to see if we're actually, sustainably good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    We've had 1 playoff appearance in 20 years
    If you make it this year then that will be the 2nd time in 3 years, with the same coaching staff and front office, but with a different QB. I'd say that's a definite good sign that the Bills are trending up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pouncey shortened to 2 games, everything else upheld. Rudolph's fine was ~$35k, he was accused of using a racial slur at Garrett but no evidence could be found. Each team fined $250k.
    /s

Cautiously optimistic. Go Bills!
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .