The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They've been dying to cut that guy, an absolute FA signing disaster. Based on his reaction he was pretty thrilled to get cut too.

- - - Updated - - -

Ryan Tannehill is a good comparison for Newton, a franchise QB with injury troubles, chose the best place to backup, behind a brittle Mariota, and has completely turned things around with unbelievable play the past couple months. Better than vanishing like RG3.
    The fact Tannehill left Gase and went from "washed up" to "franchise QB" coupled with the fact that Sam Darnold is regressing to "washed up" in front of our eyes should be reason enough for Gase to never head coach again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The fact Tannehill left Gase and went from "washed up" to "franchise QB" coupled with the fact that Sam Darnold is regressing to "washed up" in front of our eyes should be reason enough for Gase to never head coach again.
    I was telling my friend that a few weeks back. Gase is easily the worst HC in the NFL right now IMO. And the Titans are running play action nearly every play. Some offensive genius Gase is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gase is definitely bad, but Tannehill's main issue has always been health. I'm not sure how good we knew he was, but it was mainly because he couldn't stay on the field.

I heard something about Chase Young not going to next year NFL draft.

As a Giant fan I am very mad lol, missed Josh Allen LB and potentially this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is going to "cure" all the Patriots offensive ills.

...for this week at least.

(Bengals are awful)

Chris Harris Jr continuing to get burned every game. He has been terrible this year.

I'm also convinced Colby Wadman is the worst punter in the league. He has trouble punting it 40 yards in Denver most of the time, and now completely missed the ball on this first punt today. Then again, special teams has been a mess for years and Dixon got better after leaving, so it could just be the coaches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    (Bengals are awful)
    ...he said before the Bengals ripped of a text book drive on the Patriots supposedly good defense. Fuck me if this game is all played in mirror world where the offense is good but the defense fails. Not ready for that.

Nice to see Lockett back.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    I heard something about Chase Young not going to next year NFL draft.

As a Giant fan I am very mad lol, missed Josh Allen LB and potentially this guy.
    A TMZ reporter was asking him questions when he was just walking around in NYC before the Heisman ceremony. Chase Young indicated that his plan is to return to college for his senior year when he was asked about it.

Since he is still playing on a team trying to win a national championship, I'm not surprised he went with the loyalty option with his answer rather than create potential distractions for his team. IDK if anything he says about declaring for the draft or not should really be taken seriously until at least January.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently nobody told Mahomes it was snowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Apparently nobody told Mahomes it was snowing.
    Snow doesn't hurt when he just needs to throw it to Kelce and whoever that other TE is every play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots win. Offense looked better. More injuries to key players. What else is new this season.

Stephon Gilmore should be defensive player of the year, but he will likely get passed over for some pass rusher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to lie I thought we were about to see a lateral chain work for a game tying touchdown in that Packers Bears game.

They got it down to like the three yard line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys having some trouble with how coin tosses work.

- - - Updated - - -

Somebody tell Rivers its only the first half, he doesn't need multiple turnovers in the final 2 minutes yet.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the coin toss issue and couldn't find an explanation. Once it's understood what was meant why not just give it to them to start the third?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I don't understand the coin toss issue and couldn't find an explanation. Once it's understood what was meant why not just give it to them to start the third?
    Because the coin toss is not reviewable, whatever the ref indicates is what the game has to go by. This was a particularly dumb case though because the audio clearly picked up Dak saying the word "defer". Walt Anderson apparently didn't hear that part and thought they were choosing to kickoff both halves...except who the hell would choose to kickoff both halves?

10+ Year Old Account
    49ers/Falcons is ending pretty ridiculously.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Because the coin toss is not reviewable, whatever the ref indicates is what the game has to go by. This was a particularly dumb case though because the audio clearly picked up Dak saying the word "defer". Walt Anderson apparently didn't hear that part and thought they were choosing to kickoff both halves...except who the hell would choose to kickoff both halves?
    I don't even understand how it's an option to pick something for each half, it's literally a coin flip, 2 sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suddenly the Packers may have life in the race for top seed in the NFC.

Am I the only non-Buffalo fan that is rooting for the Bill's so they have a shot at winning their division next week?