Ugh, not an injury to White.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Am I the only non-Buffalo fan that is rooting for the Bill's so they have a shot at winning their division next week?
    No, but NE has to lose to Miami in the final week for Buffalo to win the division in Buffalo wins out?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I know I’m late to the party on Spygate 2.0, but that video from today was damning. The videographers knew what they were doing was fucked up. It’s time for them to be eliminated from the playoffs for the next 5 years.
    I know Atlanta lost a 5th round pick for pumping in crowd noise. What does out and out videoing bring?

That is what refs call facemask these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    No, but NE has to lose to Miami in the final week for Buffalo to win the division in Buffalo wins out?

- - - Updated - - -

I know Atlanta lost a 5th round pick for pumping in crowd noise. What does out and out videoing bring?
    I know that more needs to happen other than Buffalo winning out (think at that point it'd be down to the 3rd or 4th tiebreaker), but I just want them to have a chance.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The Patriots reputation is well earned and they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
    It isn't "well earned." Understand the reasons for the filming rules have nothing to do with gaining an advantage (ie cheating), but rather so the NFL can control their product. And the evidence for deflategate was shotty at best, there was no proper control and the ref in question admitted he could not recall what gauge was used pre-game.

- - - Updated - - -

Since it’s second offense from the same management it should be loss of draft picks and eligibility to make the playoffs. They’re cheaters through and through and were actively trying to destroy the evidence of their wrongdoing when caught. Fuck them.
    The NFL has never banned a team from the playoffs and likely never will.
    The NFL cares more about money than anything else. They aren't going to piss off a large market for the sake of a few whiners.
    There are people who watch the Patriots games because they want to watch them lose, banning from the Playoffs will reduce viewers ... the NFL doesn't want that. So they are in a position on what they should do, because no punishment means they look like they are favoring the Patriots ... as harsh as you want means they lose viewers, which they don't want.

Why do you think the NFL constantly tries to get teams in LA despite them constantly failing? They want teams their because it is a Market they lack a team in.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-12-16 at 03:47 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    I was stating what their punishment SHOULD be, not what it would be. The other owners should oust Kraft after this and his visits to trafficked women.
    I understood what you were saying, I am pointing out it is not even worth considering it a "should."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. We should never push for progress. /s
    What you are suggesting isn't progress but rather gives the NFL a fully legal way to rig the playoffs.
    It would be a good way to make sure that the big market teams get in though.

For example, let's say the NFL decided the punishment last year was the Patriots can't win the division (have to make it as wild card) ... well, the Patriots were terrible on the road last season, having to play potentially 3 road games to get the the Superbowl likely meant the Patriots won't make the Super Bowl.

The NFL still gets the Patriots in the playoffs insuring viewers, and people like you get to see the Patriots punished ... seems like a win-win right?
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-12-16 at 04:06 AM.
    –The Sith Code

Fuck yes, Bills in the playoffs, with a very outside chance at the division. Gotta beat the Pats next week in Foxboro to even think it though.

January football here we go!!! I definitely think we have a Super Bowl caliber defense, though Duck Hodges is probably someone you should shut down.

7+ Year Old Account
    It’s not a way to rig the playoffs, it’s a suitable punishment for institutionalized cheating... weird you think it’s rigging shit when a team has been cheating for over a decade... and that team just so happens to be the most successful in that time period. It’s more like putting a stop to the rigging than anything else.
    Yeah, you don't seem to understand what rigging mean if you don't understand how what you want allows the NFL to legally rig games. Also, cheating is a meaningless term in the NFL. Cheating is any act to gain a competitive advantage ... literally every team cheats in the NFL. Every team has cheating in their record.

However, the filming rules have nothing to do with any competitive advantage because get this it isn't against the rules to steal signals ... it is against the rules to film the sidelines from your own sideline or the press box. If the NFL was so worry about signals being stolen, why would they bother showing signals on the live games? The rules on filming are about the NFL controlling what tape of their product is available ... it's product control.

And deflategate was so piss poor science from a company with a history of giving its client the evidence they want ... no rational person would believe it. And it was proven in those conditions, the Patriots balls could have deflated by the amount shown by actual scientists doing controlled experiments, which the agency hasn't done.

If I believed in conspiracy theories, I would believe that the Patriots are "cheaters" story is just something that the NFL drummed up to make people hate the Patriots enough so they will watch the games.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Cheating is any act to gain a competitive advantage ...
    Your posts are entirely absurd, but this is the worst of it, can't really have a discussion when you arbitrarily redefine words.
    /s

The broadcasts go out of their way to never show coordinators making signals. Even on the All-22 film, which is the "raw footage," is purely on-the-field, and given to teams for film study (and to subscribers of NFL Gamepass as a bonus). It's a myth that you can "just see the signals" during the game anyways.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Your posts are entirely absurd, but this is the worst of it, can't really have a discussion when you arbitrarily redefine words.
    I am sorry, I assumed that most people would understand the implied unfair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The broadcasts go out of their way to never show coordinators making signals. Even on the All-22 film, which is the "raw footage," is purely on-the-field, and given to teams for film study (and to subscribers of NFL Gamepass as a bonus). It's a myth that you can "just see the signals" during the game anyways.
    I have literally watched NFL games showing signals before. What are you talking about?
    –The Sith Code

Well, I am excited for the Bills clinching a playoff spot. I'm not used to that. I think they can hang with the afc teams, BUT the offense needs to prove they can score more than 14-17 vs a good defense.

I am still an Allen supporter but he has struggled vs good defenses. Then again, I think the bills lead the league for passes hitting the receiver in both hands and still being dropped.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I ran the numbers and apparently the Packers would still need the Rams to beat the 49ers next week to have a shot at the #1 seed if the 49ers beat Seattle.

So go Rams.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So I ran the numbers and apparently the Packers would still need the Rams to beat the 49ers next week to have a shot at the #1 seed if the 49ers beat Seattle.

So go Rams.
    It's so weird to me that an Aaron Rodgers-led Packers team is flying so far under the radar. Literally no one is talking about them with any conviction in the NFC. Hell, in re: NFC North, I hear more about the Vikings being good, and the Bears attempting to overcome Mitchell Trubisky's awfulness.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's so weird to me that an Aaron Rodgers-led Packers team is flying so far under the radar. Literally no one is talking about them with any conviction in the NFC. Hell, in re: NFC North, I hear more about the Vikings being good, and the Bears attempting to overcome Mitchell Trubisky's awfulness.
    Last week the media seemed to universally agree that the Packers actually suck and it's a question how they managed to make it to 11-3.

They're a team that scores 21 points consistently, and wins if their defense can hold the other team under 21. Which it's been doing against like 75% of the League. Problem is the other 25% is teams like the 49ers, Seahawks, and Saints.

That's really their big bugaboo they need to solve. Either the defense needs to step from above average to elite (unlikely) or the offense needs to step from good to great (possible if they could find a reliable safety valve receiver).

Also apparently the reporting is "multiple" Browns players yelled at the Cardinals bench to "come get me."

Honestly Kitchens has flown under the radar as a coach that should probably be one and done, too. He's lost the locker room at this point.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/statu...54367601807360
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Kitchens should be canned, but wont be. Ron Rivera would be a good hire for them.

Well, Josh Gordon reportedly once against suspended for breaking the league's drug policy. Did they forget to tell him that weed is still banned by the NFL even if it is legal to buy in Seattle?

10+ Year Old Account
    All but confirms the patriots knowing he relapsed.

Sad shit, but hes been given enough second chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck we claimed Jenkins, well maybe this means I won't have to watch Eli Apple eat shit after tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Will Grier gonna get the start for Carolina, not a surprise, there are decisions to come this offseason and they need to evaluate.
    /s