10+ Year Old Account
    Beastmode officially back on the Seahawks.

...for one game, and the postseason. Apparently only signed for this year.

It's hilarious to me that Lynch signed again. Watch the Seahawks get to the SB and be goal to go from the 1 to win the game again and Pete gives it to Marshawn and he's stuffed and everyone's like "WHY DIDN'T YOU LET MVP CANDIDATE RUSSELL WILSON PASS IT?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Oof. I watched a recap of the MNF game. The article was aimed at taking down Cousins but Rodgers looked very mediocre and as a team the Packers had some ugly turnovers and near turnovers, which has been their best thing going into this game. Both QBs were getting harassed. And on the final Vikings play on 4th Cousins evades a tackle and scrambles before tossing a 20+ yarder first down that hit the receiver in the hands and wasn't caught. Eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda weird in the NFC, there is no dominate team. Have to take everything on a match to match basis in the playoffs. I couldn't pick a SB favorite at this point because a lot of these games could come down to one play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Kinda weird in the NFC, there is no dominate team. Have to take everything on a match to match basis in the playoffs. I couldn't pick a SB favorite at this point because a lot of these games could come down to one play.
    On one hand its exciting, on the other hand the refs will probably ruin it.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    The NFC has something of a log jam at the top. And the top in this case is every playoff team except whatever team limps out of the NFC East.

AFC as usual is one berserker team and the Patriots.

But honestly for all the talk we do every year about upsets, it's almost always just 1 VS 1 at the end of the road. And the Ravens and 49ers both look like such berserkers this year I see no reason to overthink the playoffs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The NFC has something of a log jam at the top. And the top in this case is every playoff team except whatever team limps out of the NFC East.

AFC as usual is one berserker team and the Patriots.

But honestly for all the talk we do every year about upsets, it's almost always just 1 VS 1 at the end of the road. And the Ravens and 49ers both look like such berserkers this year I see no reason to overthink the playoffs.
    I actually think that Niners are repeating what the Rams did last year. Last year looked absolutely unbeatable up until the high-scoring Saints game, but they peaked a little too early and, while they were still good, by the time they made it to the Super Bowl people had figured out how to defend their offense and how to find at least some ways to attack their defense. This year the Niners have followed a similar pattern, only it's been since the Seahawks game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    I actually think that Niners are repeating what the Rams did last year. Last year looked absolutely unbeatable up until the high-scoring Saints game, but they peaked a little too early and, while they were still good, by the time they made it to the Super Bowl people had figured out how to defend their offense and how to find at least some ways to attack their defense. This year the Niners have followed a similar pattern, only it's been since the Seahawks game.
    Honestly I don't know if they've been "figured out."

Going into that Seahawks game the rap on the 49ers had been "They're not actually this good they just had an easy schedule. Let's see how they do against elite teams."

Since then? Stomp the Cardinals, Embarrass the Packers (and make people think they were the pretenders), lose on a last second field goal to the AFC's #1 seed, gutsy last minute win over the Saints, lose last minute to Julio Jones in particular, beat a Rams team that was starting to surge late in the season.

Against the kind of top-tier opponents they'll see in the playoffs, at home might I add unless Seattle (without half their offense) manages to beat them, they've shown they can hang and win.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly I don't know if they've been "figured out."

Going into that Seahawks game the rap on the 49ers had been "They're not actually this good they just had an easy schedule. Let's see how they do against elite teams."

Since then? Stomp the Cardinals, Embarrass the Packers (and make people think they were the pretenders), lose on a last second field goal to the AFC's #1 seed, gutsy last minute win over the Saints, lose last minute to Julio Jones in particular, beat a Rams team that was starting to surge late in the season.

Against the kind of top-tier opponents they'll see in the playoffs, at home might I add unless Seattle (without half their offense) manages to beat them, they've shown they can hang and win.
    Allowed the Saints to score the most points they've scored all season, lost at home to the Falcons, and came close to losing to the Cardinals (because that game was far from a stomp, in fact they were down 16-0 at one point). Shoot even in the game before they played the Seahawks they still let the Cardinals come back at the end. They went from dominating people to barely pulling off a win, and not just against elite teams. Their defense that was rock solid for the first half of the season let teams score 21+ points in 6 of their last 8 games, and teams did a better job of defending the run game forcing Jimmy G to win through the air, which he's been fairly average.

Look at how the Rams did last year and you'll see a similar pattern, they beat top teams but just barely (they had 1 win over a playoff team in the regular season that was by more than 5 points, lost multiple games to other playoff teams by close margins, and they just didn't look like the same team after that Rams-Saints game).

I'm not saying the Niners aren't a good team or that they don't have a shot at the Super Bowl, I'm just pointing out how their season has followed a similar pattern as the Rams did last year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them suffer a similar fate where they lose a close defensive battle because the other teams offense is just a bit better than theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Falcons have decided to spend another season being crappy, so thanks for hanging on to your unsuccessful coach and GM, of course the salary cap next season will be hellish, so much easier to hire someone after Quinn absorbs all the punishment and suffering after the inevitable roster purge.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The Falcons have decided to spend another season being crappy, so thanks for hanging on to your unsuccessful coach and GM, of course the salary cap next season will be hellish, so much easier to hire someone after Quinn absorbs all the punishment and suffering after the inevitable roster purge.
    Huh I had him toast for sure. Honestly I'm struggling to see how we hit 6 fired coaches this season, let alone the usual 8.

Washington and Carolina are already out. Giants and Jags are going to for sure.

Garret should be gone but I can see Jerry striking out on Ron Rivera and Urban Meyer and bringing Garret back (since he's a free agent he wont' be actually fired).

Browns and Jets should be one and done but the Jets are probably going to say the same thing the Falcons did, and the Browns will probably talk themselves into "the process."

That leaves us with the Chargers who, again, shouldn't fire a good coach. But they need to do something to become relevant in LA and firing Lynn and moving on from Rivers would be a splash move.

Honestly, I think what happened was that Blank put out feelers for a new HC and no one would touch it with a ten-foot pole. So he had to keep what he had. Which is why he put McKay more in charge. There is a way for the Falcons to clear $41million but some of the moves would be real head-scratchers. The number is maybe closer to 27.1M granted there is a good deal of cap space.

But guess we shall see what happens...

10+ Year Old Account
    Today's coaching update.

Ron Rivera is apparently connected to at least two job openings, one being Washington, and expects to sign quickly.

And the Jags' owner refutes a report that Marrone is going to be fired, but doesn't go as far as saying he's safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marcus Peters signed an extension with the Ravens, I'm happy for him, bounced around the last couple years but things have gone really well for him in Baltimore.
    /s

So if you're the Bengals do you just sign Burrow the first day he's able and skip the workout/pre draft process and get him in the Building ASAP?

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew the Panthers had given up, but its ugly to watch their low-effort tackling. The Saints never even got to 3rd down on that opening TD drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap, a PI challenge flag actually results in a PI call in the Saints favor. Maybe Payton won't be so crabby now.
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Are the Patriots playing hoping the Chargers beat the Chiefs?

Apparently, the answer to my question is Yes.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-12-29 at 06:49 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Will Grier getting eaten alive, three play sequence for him
    1-throw right into the chest of a CB that should have been picked
    2-lost fumble on an exchange with the RB
    3-pick six after the defense forced a punt

now knocked out of the game injured on a sack, the Panthers OLine just grinds QBs into dust
    Last edited by draynay; 2019-12-29 at 07:06 PM.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    I kept forgetting to say this but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Cowboys won and Eagles lost, especially with the way people keep talking as if Cowboys are already eliminated.

If the Packers lose a bye because they got stomped by the fucking Lions it's going to be an embarrassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.