1. #3741
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    It's letting them off the hook more than anything.
    Well I can't fire them, and I can't want them fired more than I already have the past several years...
    /s

  2. #3742
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Tweet I saw:

    "Who would've thought a Houston coach/GM would be fired today and Bill O'Brien would be neither"
    I would. Astros are cheaters.

  3. #3743
    I am Murloc! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    5,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Man if only they'd spring the money to put chips in the ball so they could know EXACTLY where the ball is during these terrible camera angles they have to look at.
    The trouble with putting a sensor in the ball is that where the ball is placed is not where the ball ends up but where the player is down in some cases.

  4. #3744
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The trouble with putting a sensor in the ball is that where the ball is placed is not where the ball ends up but where the player is down in some cases.
    It's where the ball is when the player is down that matters. Hence stretching for first downs. If they can see when the player is down they could then reference the tracking software for where the ball was.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  5. #3745
    I am Murloc! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    5,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's where the ball is when the player is down that matters. Hence stretching for first downs. If they can see when the player is down they could then reference the tracking software for where the ball was.
    If your knee (among other body parts) then the ball is placed where your body part hits before the stretch.
    Also When an airborne player of either team completes a catch or interception inbounds after an opponent has driven him backward, the ball is declared dead, and forward progress is awarded at the spot where initial contact by the opponent was made after the player established firm grip and control of the ball while in the air.

  6. #3746
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    If your knee (among other body parts) then the ball is placed where your body part hits before the stretch.
    Also When an airborne player of either team completes a catch or interception inbounds after an opponent has driven him backward, the ball is declared dead, and forward progress is awarded at the spot where initial contact by the opponent was made after the player established firm grip and control of the ball while in the air.
    Wrong.
    Then the question becomes, exactly where was the ball at the instant that the runner’s knee (or some other body part) touched the ground? Often plays like that involve “double action” where, for example, the runner’s arm is at an angle when his elbow hits the ground and it then falls forward. Too often, officials spot the ball where it is when the arm ends up stretched out on the ground, not where it was the instant the elbow touched. Depending on the runner, that could make a difference of as much as a couple of feet.
    https://www.referee.com/ball-placement-art-science/
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  7. #3747
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,330
    What they need more than ball sensors are knee censors. That's where most of these controversies come from is "was his knee down here? Or was it down here?"
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  8. #3748
    So as I said before, the exact second Cincinnati is able to sign the number 1 pick they should just make it official with Joe Burrow, cause damn that's gonna be fun watching him play.

  9. #3749
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So as I said before, the exact second Cincinnati is able to sign the number 1 pick they should just make it official with Joe Burrow, cause damn that's gonna be fun watching him play.
    He's a Bengal as of right now and nobody should be convinced by the inevitable smokescreens about them taking the pass rusher and trusting in Dalton's late season performance.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  10. #3750
    Just sucks he’ll be on the Bengals with shitty Zac Taylor as head coach. The guy was useless at Nebraska when he was a QB, and is even worse as a head coach. Oh well. At least he’ll get paid well, and be in his home state. Joe Burrow that is.

  11. #3751
    Antonio Gates retired... again. Now curious to see what happens with Witten.

  12. #3752
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Antonio Gates retired... again. Now curious to see what happens with Witten.
    Talk is he moves to a coaching position under McCarthy Jerry Jones.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  13. #3753
    Legendary! Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,428
    Luke Kuechly is retiring. Not too shocking after the initial news wore off, dudes been good for a concussion a year.

    Panthers could be losing him and Olsen to retirement, and possibly Cam to FA. Gonna be a very different Panthers team.

  14. #3754
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Luke Kuechly is retiring. Not too shocking after the initial news wore off, dudes been good for a concussion a year.

    Panthers could be losing him and Olsen to retirement, and possibly Cam to FA. Gonna be a very different Panthers team.
    After the shock, and besides the usual terrible takes of "30 is the new 40 #CTE," my biggest takeaway here is actually this makes the case for trading Cam way easier to make.

    This team's window is now firmly closed. And with the way Cam's been injured, and playing, I don't see him being around by the time the now inevitable rebuild is done.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  15. #3755
    Pretty lame, was no fun seeing him sitting out late in the final game of the season, now the final game of his career. Never did find out why he was pulled, he was the only guy left on Carolina's defense that was still trying.
    /s

  16. #3756
    High Overlord Aleloron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well these are the quotes of a QB considering retirement for sure.

    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1213684369279324160
    I thought that he should have retired at the end of the last season myself. As someone the same
    age as Brady I know how my body feels when I wake up, how I have to take pain medication just to be able to go to work every day, and no 300+ pound dudes are doing their best to piledrive me into the ground when I’m at work.

    I’m not a Patriots fan, not even close, but I freely admit that Tom Brady will go down in history as one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game in this era. I say this era because I consider Johnny U to be the single greatest QB of his era, as football is quite different today than it was back when the Colts played for Baltimore.

    Had he retired at the end of the last season he would have went out on top; now he’ll go out on a disappointing end if he does retire. But honestly, only Patriots fans would consider 12-6 on the season to be a “bad season” because they’ve forgotten about when their team was the laughing stock of the NFL.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

  17. #3757
    Yeah the old era of Panthers are all done, Cam, Luke, Thomas Davis, Olsen, Khalil, Charles Johnson. Most of them will be gone soon, Addison is the only one left I think... and maybe Trai Turner, Reed.

    It will be a totally different Panthers team now with CMC, DJ Moore, Shaq Thompson, Brain Bruin, Jackson, those new guys, new coaches.

    Im wondering how are they going to rebuild this team, maybe draft Justin Herbert if Cam is gone, (Borrow and Tua will be gone for sure), then go for defensive guys. Keep building that front defense line.

    If Cam stays then they must improve that D line, healhy Cam with new head coach and OC is going to be interesting.
    Last edited by PokeKitty; 2020-01-15 at 07:42 AM.

  18. #3758
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,330
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Yeah the old era of Panthers are all done, Cam, Luke, Thomas Davis, Olsen, Khalil, Charles Johnson. Most of them will be gone soon, Addison is the only one left I think... and maybe Trai Turner, Reed.

    It will be a totally different Panthers team now with CMC, DJ Moore, Shaq Thompson, Brain Bruin, Jackson, those new guys, new coaches.

    Im wondering how are they going to rebuild this team, maybe draft Justin Herbert if Cam is gone, (Borrow and Tua will be gone for sure), then go for defensive guys. Keep building that front defense line.

    If Cam stays then they must improve that D line, healhy Cam with new head coach and OC is going to be interesting.
    I almost wonder, if they decide this roster needs a total teardown, if they don't go the Dolphins route. Trade Cam, trade CMC before he hits the RB wall, get like 4 first round picks, sign a meh QB like Mariota, and basically say "Lawrence or bust."
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  19. #3759
    Cam Newton is a mediocre at best QB anyway, getting rid of him will make the Panthers better by default.

    Also time for my yearly, NFL HOF voting is a gigantic joke post. Somehow Randy Gradishar didn't make it even with an expanded senior class. If he played for the Steelers he would have been in his 1st year of eligibility.

  20. #3760
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    30,775
    Drew Pearson being the only one form the all 70's honor to not be in the HoF is a massive snub. Literally keeps getting denied for whatever the fuck reason despite being one of the best from that decade. f that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •