10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I like Pat Mahomes a lot, don't care about Garrapalo, and I don't like Tyreek Hill or Nick Bosa. To me, that makes me rooting for the Chiefs.
    Nick Bosa being a bonehead is infinitely more forgivable than being a wifebeater and child abuser.

Meanwhile the Oakland Raiders are officially no longer a thing, the Las Vegas Raiders were officially entered into the NFL yesterday.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Gary Kubiak is going to be the OC for the Vikings. Hopefully it doesn't result in more health problems.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Let the HoF analysis debate begin (again).
    No.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he got in before the All Decade guys still not in (LeRoy Butler and Steve Atwater for example). That is entirely based on my dislike for the HoF voters though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like that's why they brought Kubiak in in the first place. They probably figured they were losing Stefanski after the Browns came this close to hiring him last year, and wanted a successor in house.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    He shouldn't get in based on his stats. But I think of him like Jerome Bettis. Bettis got in because of his fame, and because everyone loved him. 3.9 yards per carry, couldn't catch the ball. I don't think Hall of Fame should be entirely about objective stats. I think Eli has reached a level of fame and due to winning the super bowls, recognition that he won't appear out of place - it's called the Hall of Fame after all, not the Hall of Great Stats.

Let's be honest - that's why Joe Namath is in the hall. It would seem like they were missing something if he weren't there.
    I think it's a question of "were they elite at their position for a number of years?" And with Eli I think that answer is still no. At least not consistently enough. He'll get in eventually for the fact he had that one insane Super Bowl where he stopped the Perfect Season. But he probably isn't getting in first ballot.

So the Probowl is using the 4th and 15 on the 25 instead of Onside Kick Rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    So the Probowl is using the 4th and 15 on the 25 instead of Onside Kick Rule.
    I guess we'll never know if its a good idea since no one will see it.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Oh no trust me we'll see it. Multiple times.

We'll just never know if it's a good idea because nobody is going to actually give a damn to treat it like a real game.

10+ Year Old Account
    well Saints ownership looks like it got involved in doing PR for the Archdiosese of NO in regards to the sexual abuse of children by priests . Not good would be an understatement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...sis/ar-BBZiigO

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point its probably better to let the emails go public than to let people imagine what they might contain.
    /s

If I was a coach I'd use every time. Then again I'd lose my job going for it 4th down. The punter takes up a valuable slot I could have an option QB take up instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the Senior Bowl. Was pretty fun. Justin Herbert named MVP.

Herbert wasn't the only one that looked good. Jordan Love looked pretty decent too, but then he had the better team around him. Going to be an interesting draft for teams looking for a QB, cause some of these guys will drop and some of them will go top 10, and just how much are teams willing to move or wait for their guy.

Patriots obviously with ??? at QB this off season, but even when Brady returns, are they happy with Stidham behind him or do they want to keep taking shots at drafting a QB? Going to be an interesting dynamic.

We watching this Pro Bowl game tomorrow? 3 PM is a nice time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Herbert should have put himself back in the #3 QB slot with this performance. Honestly he might be able to pole vault Tua depending on the medicals.

I'm probably the only one watching, but that Fletcher Cox TD was awesome.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

I couldn't watch. The channel the Guide said the game was on was covering the Kobe crash.

Did anyone use the new "on side kick rule?"

10+ Year Old Account
    This could truly be the end of the Patriots dynasty as we know it, even if Tom Brady stays: Long time Patriots O-line coach Dante Scarnechia is retiring.

With a brief interruption he was in NE for 40 years, including being the Interim HC at one point, before Robert Kraft bought the team and turned things around.

Hope he finds peace in retirement, but, going to be a tough time following up his work for anyone. Best O-line coach out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bill O'Brien officially is being promoted to GM-Coach.

Also Romeo Crennel will still be on his coaching staff.

- - - Updated - - -

State of the League address happened.

There's going to be games in Mexico City for at least the next two years. There will be Rooney Rule changes. Myles Garret will likely be reinstated next season. And not a single question was asked about officiating.

- - - Updated - - -

Eliot Wolf leaving Cleveland. I have to imagine he has a good idea he's getting a GM job somewhere after the draft.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1222621768336187392

10+ Year Old Account
    Panthers agree to part ways with Olsen. He says he still wants to play, though.

Obviously gotta look at this through the lens of "will they let Cam Newton go."

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if he's not a 1000 yard receiver any more, Olsen could still be a contributor in the right offense.
    /s