10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks need a new token aging TE. Ed Dickson has been dead a while. May as well scoop up Olsen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Seahawks need a new token aging TE. Ed Dickson has been dead a while. May as well scoop up Olsen.
    We need an aging TE who wants a shot at a ring more than you guys. Benjamin Watson is going to retire or is retired already, depending on how you interpret what he said and we have 2 utterly unimpressive guys backing him up that would likely not make a team for any other team.

I'm calling dibs.

@xskarma did you see the Tom Brady twitter post that had everyone in a tizzy today?

He posts so infrequently on Twitter that everyone freaked the fuck out: https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1223027359256862720

Everyone took it to mean it has something to do with his future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    We need an aging TE who wants a shot at a ring more than you guys. Benjamin Watson is going to retire or is retired already, depending on how you interpret what he said and we have 2 utterly unimpressive guys backing him up that would likely not make a team for any other team.

I'm calling dibs.
    We have a QB tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    @xskarma did you see the Tom Brady twitter post that had everyone in a tizzy today?

He posts so infrequently on Twitter that everyone freaked the fuck out: https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1223027359256862720

Everyone took it to mean it has something to do with his future.
    Yeah, I saw it. Some people have suggested it was a Kobe tribute, cause Kobe had a similar iconic image of himself that looked like that.

Either way, and cause I don;t think I addressed it in here, but this whole Tom Brady will he stay or will he go saga can bite me. Kraft, Belichick and Brady have known each other for 20 years, they have had basically more than a year to work all of this out and will know what the other side thinks and what they want.

If, with their knowledge, they can't find a way to bring Brady back, then so be it. It won't be anybody's fault if they can't, they will just have different motivations and goals and those goals and motivations apparently do not line up any more. That's fine. Brady will play elsewhere, Belichick will figure things out and the football world moves on.

I sincerely hope this isn't the case though. I hope they realize what they have in each other and make it work, one last time, and Brady is still a Patriot next season.

But

I'm not going to let media or the parties involved drive me batty with their negotiations and bullshit and drama. I have enough real concerns in life without this fabricated drama on top of it.

So I've decided that I'm basically not taking anything serious until I hear an official statement from any of the involved parties that Brady is gone, or that Brady is back.

Let others feed on this nonsense drama and the wild emotional swings that come with it, and I'll be over here ---> relaxing till things are actually coming from the source in clear language.

So yeah, I saw it, but I honestly don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    We have a QB tho
    Yeah that might be a consideration for Olsen if Brady walks. Then again, there's quite a few players who'd still hitch their wagon to Belichick, even if Brady is not there.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

I'm calling dibs.
    Since everyone agrees we're letting Jimmy Graham go I'm calling dibs on Olsen. We need a past his prime TE that we sign thinking he might suddenly turn back into an All Pro.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Since everyone agrees we're letting Jimmy Graham go I'm calling dibs on Olsen. We need a past his prime TE that we sign thinking he might suddenly turn back into an All Pro.
    That Jimmy Graham contract is still hilarious, I can't get over it.
    /s

John Pagano is going to be Denver's OLB coach. Between adding him, Shurmur and Shula I would not be surprised if they have by far the oldest coaching staff now. Only 3 don't have at least 20 years of nfl/college coaching experience, and they are Chris Kuper, Renaldo Hill and Robbie Gould's brother. They have one of the youngest rosters, so hopefully it works out.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see no lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    John Pagano is going to be Denver's OLB coach. Between adding him, Shurmur and Shula I would not be surprised if they have by far the oldest coaching staff now. Only 3 don't have at least 20 years of nfl/college coaching experience, and they are Chris Kuper, Renaldo Hill and Robbie Gould's brother. They have one of the youngest rosters, so hopefully it works out.
    Says something about how Fangio views is job security too. Plenty of interim guys there if ownership gets antsy. Oh wait, what ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So far what I’m getting out of the super bowl coverage:

Kyle Shanahan is a genius
    Andy Reid is a genius
    Patrick Mahomes is a genius

Last year’s super bowl:

Sean McVay is a genius
    Bill Belichick is a genius
    Tom Brady is a genius

Guess there are a lot of geniuses out there these days.
    Who would you remove from that list? I see 2 of the greatest and most consistent head coaches in history, two young innovators the game is being currently shaped around, the greatest QB of all time, and the guy who has the best skillset to someday take that crown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awards are coming in, looks like Gilmore got defensive player of the year, and Tannehill got comeback player.

So far Edge, Steve Atwater, Isaac Bruce and the Head and Shoulders mascot have been confirmed to make the HoF. 2 of them should have been in a while ago, but hopefully 3 safeties in 2 years helps LeRoy Butler's chances next year.

So far what I’m getting out of the super bowl coverage:

Kyle Shanahan is a genius
    Andy Reid is a genius
    Patrick Mahomes is a genius

Last year’s super bowl:

Sean McVay is a genius
    Bill Belichick is a genius
    Tom Brady is a genius

Guess there are a lot of geniuses out there these days.
    The best part is when someone calls Kyle a "young innovative mind". All credit to him, he has a good system but it's not innovating shit. It's a very slight variation of what his daddy ran in Denver and as OC in SF for so many years. People seem to think it's innovative because they haven't seen a true WCO in awhile with all the college gimmicks invading the NFL but it's nothing new, in fact it's decades old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    two young innovators
    ahahaha should of read a few posts down cause it already happened here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harbaugh gets coach, Murray gets OROY.

This offensive rookie class must have been BAD if Murray got it by the default of being a QB who started 16 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jacobs should've won even at only 13 games, but QBs win everything.

immediately proving me wrong, a Saint other than Brees gets OPOY, Thomas managed to beat unanimous MVP Lamar
    Last edited by draynay; 2020-02-01 at 11:48 PM.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This offensive rookie class must have been BAD if Murray got it by the default of being a QB who started 16 games.
    Not really. Murray had 4200 total yards and 24 total TDs. No other rookie QB would of sniffed those numbers even starting all 16 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the point. He's a good coach but pundits are waaayyy to quick to call someone a genius. Belichick and Bill Walsh are the two who deserve it in my book - guys who demonstrated year after year that they were almost always going to win the coaching battle.
    To further the point, Charlie Weis, Eric Mangini and Chip Kelly have also been called "genius". I'm sure there are more.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    @Vetali : Fine, you win.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the by unanimous is damn impressive considering Russell Wilson and CMC had insane years too. A whole lotta recency bias in that unanimous part I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not really. Murray had 4200 total yards and 24 total TDs. No other rookie QB would of sniffed those numbers even starting all 16 games.
    I'd say give it to Metcalf or the Titans WR or Hollywood Brown.