10+ Year Old Account
    I know someone will remind me that DTs never go super high but if Quinnen Williams is still there at 9, something has gone terribly wrong.

And I will only consider the Raiders faultless if they drafted Bosa.

This year is kind of weird with a TE, ILB and DT all maybe going top 10, those are positions that normally don't go that high. Hockensen will instantly be one of the best blocking TEs, so he has an edge over most of them that struggle blocking coming out of college.

My draft expectations are so low that as long as Elway doesn't take Drew Lock I am happy. Denver tends to do better with later picks and UDFAs than early round picks anyway.

Well, other than Metcalf, that would probably be the worst possible pick at 10, even a kicker or punter would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    This year is kind of weird with a TE, ILB and DT all maybe going top 10, those are positions that normally don't go that high.
    I was mostly accepting the fact that those positions WOULD go, but then I thought "they are long standing conventions for a reason, they are not likely to change overnight, and certainly not all in 1 go".

So now I think there will be an unexpected run on Offensive Line for some of the teams that might at the moment be penciled in as taking other positions. Offensive Line is rarely if ever a sexy pick for a franchise, but they are among the best picks you can make. Especially in an era where offense is so important and quality offensive linemen seem so scarce.

I mean, I believe we drafted Marcell Dareus with a 3rd or 4th pick......but the Buffalo Bills aren't a team to hang your hat on when it comes to draft picks.

10+ Year Old Account
    DT can get drafted high if they think they have pass rush upside, the year before Dareus went #3, Suh & McCoy went #2-3, but usually #10-15 is the range where you see a lot of good DT get drafted.

I remember the Raiders picked the late Darrell Russell #2 and signed him to a huge contract, and he was worth every penny until drugs derailed his career.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/adamrank/status/1117838143779028994

might be the most nuclear take of the Russell Wilson extension deadline.

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL, Matt Flynn responded too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    ROFL, Matt Flynn responded too.
    He didn't sound too happy... xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Adam Rank is a doofus, and that is a pretty doofusy tweet with appropriate responses.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Proof that the schedule release is imminent: the yearly ESPN piece on the people behind the schedule making. In this case a new group of people from the University of Buffalo: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...hedules-fairer

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like a Rank take alright. Is he even part of NFL Network after they cleared house in the Fantasy department?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wilson signed for another 4 yrs. $140M, 65M guaranteed. Oh boy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGAmobile View Post
    Wilson signed for another 4 yrs. $140M, 65M guaranteed. Oh boy...
    And with a no-trade clause... Apparently he doesn't trust Seattle's front office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    And with a no-trade clause... Apparently he doesn't trust Seattle's front office.
    Thought it was the other way round. :/ (See AB)

That said for those who want too know, the season schedule is going too be released 8pm Wednesday EST (NYC time).

10+ Year Old Account
    Really glad it got done this year. Very surprised Wilson pushed hard for this year. You have a lot of QB contracts coming up that coulda raised Wilson's asking money. That money is gonna look like a home town discount if the salary cap does what a lot of cap people think it'll do if sports gambling is made legal nation wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, released on NFL Network, NFL App and NFL.com at 8 pm EST. (which sucks for me cause that's in the middle of the Pacers-Celtics playoff basketball game. Was hoping it would release on Thursday.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Really glad it got done this year. Very surprised Wilson pushed hard for this year. You have a lot of QB contracts coming up that coulda raised Wilson's asking money. That money is gonna look like a home town discount if the salary cap does what a lot of cap people think it'll do if sports gambling is made legal nation wide.
    Apparently Wilson originally wanted a deal that would adjust automatically if that exact scenario played out. All things considered, I'm surprised he signed this deal. It's pricy, but it doesn't have any bells and whistles. Even the guarantees are kinda shrug.

Wonder if Seattle did threaten to trade him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I know someone will remind me that DTs never go super high but if Quinnen Williams is still there at 9, something has gone terribly wrong.

And I will only consider the Raiders faultless if they drafted Bosa.
    Agreed - he won't be there at 9. And, assuming no trades, if he's there at 4 and Bosa/Allen are off the board we damn well better take him.
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

10+ Year Old Account

I think Brandt has the right of it. Will be interesting if anything still happens before the Draft next week. I think usually trades are already done at this point. For the Cardinals it may be decision time to either pick Kyler Murray and start trading OR kinda shock everyone and pick Bosa/Williams/Allen and unleash pandamonium for everyone after them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

I think Brandt has the right of it. Will be interesting if anything still happens before the Draft next week. I think usually trades are already done at this point. For the Cardinals it may be decision time to either pick Kyler Murray and start trading OR kinda shock everyone and pick Bosa/Williams/Allen and unleash pandamonium for everyone after them.
    I have to imagine at this point the Cardinals are saying "2019 First Rounder at minimum."

OR, and I forget which podcast I heard this one on, they're actually trying to trade Kyler Murray. Get a team to think they want Murray so bad that they offer a blockbuster trade to get the Cardinals out of #1. Probably the Raiders.