Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    So starting too plan my USA trip. At the moment will be starting in Las Vegas and doing a grand canyon tour and then going down too Phoenix for my very first NFL game Falcons v Cards. Make my way too Atlanta and watch Falcons v Rams & Seahawks, then travelling too New Orleans for the Saints vs Falcons. I'll watch Panters v Falcons on TV and then travelling back to ATL for the next 3 games. (Bucs, Saints, Panthers) and then going home. Obviously in the downtime between games I'll be doing tourist stuff. But this trips main focus is attending as many NFL games live I possibly can.
    Wow, that's quite the trip! Hope you have fun

- - - Updated - - -

"In a turn of events, 49ers’ franchise kicker Robbie Gould has pulled his contract proposals that he sent to San Francisco and told the team he will not negotiate or sign a long-term deal with them, and he would like to be traded, Gould said Tuesday." - Schefter

Well, there's a story that's going to come out and cause waves soon, bet on it.

Didn't Gould indicate before the season that he might want to sign back with Chicago? Going to be hilarious if that's what he's trying to force here, due to some currently unknown slight by the Niners.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and then this:

"Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal." - Rapoport

KC moving and Seahawks getting picks back after trading most of them.

- - - Updated - - -

"The #Chiefs need to work out a long-term deal with #Seahawks pass-rusher Frank Clark, who also needs to pass a physical for this trade to be official. At the least, KC understands where the Clark deal will likely come in and it is workable. Must be done before the draft" - Rapoport

Seems like this is close to done, barring the usual stuff. Unless Clark plays hardball, Chiefs should have their new pass rusher.

Merely a Setback Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Also worth mentioning that there's rumblings that Patrick Peterson will be traded pre-draft too. Early rumors was to KC but that's been doused.

The Seahawks agreed to trade Clark to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for a first-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, a 2020 second-round pick and a swap of third-round picks in 2019, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday, via sources informed of the transaction.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

- - - Updated - - -

5 years, 105.5 mil for Clark. 63.5 mil guaranteed.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...52347469221889
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    FFXIV: The Future Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)

"In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

Pretty strange, they gave up a lot to go from Dee Ford to Frank Clark.
    /s

Merely a Setback Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Yeah makes you wonder what was wrong with Ford if they were willing to give up a first, second, and third, plus pay a record-setting contract for Clark instead.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    FFXIV: The Future Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)

"In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Pretty strange, they gave up a lot to go from Dee Ford to Frank Clark.
    Seems heavy on the "Grass is greener on the other side".

I like this for Seattle, plenty of good players in the range where they now have 2 picks. Makes it easier to trade down with one of them and pick up a falling edge rusher with the other.

Nothing about this trade makes sense. It's a whole lot for one defensive end. And not a lineman with a name like Mack or Donald. The Chiefs gave up on Dee Ford just to spend all this for Clark. And he also has issues with domestic violence, which is what caused Kareen Hunt to get dropped. Giving up a lot for a risk when you can just pick someone up in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Nothing about this trade makes sense. It's a whole lot for one defensive end. And not a lineman with a name like Mack or Donald. The Chiefs gave up on Dee Ford just to spend all this for Clark. And he also has issues with domestic violence, which is what caused Kareen Hunt to get dropped. Giving up a lot for a risk when you can just pick someone up in the draft.
    Well, in that regard, they could have just sent Dee Ford packing (or kept him), and then picked a Cornerback and a Safety with their first 2 picks and they would have likely done more for their defense then what they did now with Clark.

Analytics have shown that good coverage is worth more than good pass rush, which helps explain why the Seahawks (better backfield then front 7) and Broncos (not as clear a win, but at worst a split between backfield and front 7) defenses were so good and why the Patriots have been good on defense while not having a great pass rush.

After reading a bit into that, I've gone from lamenting the Patriots pass rush to hoping they keep investing in their secondary, even if that means throwing 2nd round picks at players that make you go "who?!". I can live with Bennett and a bunch of pocket pushers and a stellar secondary if that's what keeps the Patriots winning.