Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Obviously Baine or Talanji.

Both of them would definitely throw the Horde into the "boring" side of the story. Can you imagine the showdown between no-flaw Anduin and pristine Talanji or flat Baine in the future ? That will be epic /yawn

- What if we just do nothing and wait to see what happens
    - Yeah let's do that

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, it means the exact opposite, which is the problem. With either one becoming a more solid warchief going forward, you are telling the players who picked the other one "No, you chose wrong and lost." That isn't all that problematic on paper, but in practice, because players have little agency in the overarching story (e.g. even if you pick Sylvanas, you can't do much to ensure she stays in power if the plan is for her not to) you are just kinda dicking over anyone who didn't pick the right side at the start.

Honestly I'm still sticking to there not actually being real factions next expansion. Players will just be players and quest for/fight against whatever factions they want, and so, be free to group for whatever other content.
    So, how democracy works? People vote for one side or the other, one side wins, the other loses. I don't think the purpose of the decisions is that one is right the other wrong, it is to invest you in the story more, for once you are contributing to the narrative. It all depends on how Blizz have planned the story, the result of our decision to help Sylvanas or Saurfang could be the sum total of sod all, "you chose to side with Sylvanas, good for you, here`s a toy" and the reverse for Saurfang.

The whole neutral faction and everyone just does their own thing, no definitive identity, Horde/Alliance, all singing kumbaya and holding hands is a terrible idea imo, destroys the games foundations of these two factions opposing each other and the conflicts because of it.

The Sylvanas choice was a stop gap measure. It was enough people bitching that Blizzard realized "Fuck, not all of them like Sadfang!" and their reaction to this was to give a temporary out while doubling down on the reason that's the case. That is making Sylvanas more of a cartoon, her opposition more obvious Alliance lackeys and the ending more clearly that we'll all be united by the God-King.

You can see it with Afrasiabi as well. That's someone really pissed that people didn't like this muh honor shitshow, hence the deletion comment.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-02-19 at 12:06 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I’m fully expecting it to be Baine. He’s the only Horde character Golden seems to like (Because she wrote him).

I’d take anyone over Saurfang or Baine. Even Gallywix.
    you are giving me nightmares
    i don't want to see the future anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Sylvanas choice was a stop gap measure. It was enough people bitching that Blizzard realized "Fuck, not all of them like Sadfang!" and their reaction to this was to give a temporary out while doubling down on the reason that's the case. That is making Sylvanas more of a cartoon, her opposition more obvious Alliance lackeys and the ending more clearly that we'll all be united by the God-King.

You can see it with Afrasiabi as well. That's someone really pissed that people didn't like this muh honor shitshow, hence the deletion comment.
    it's always the wrong move to attack the writers, because he/she will keep doing what he/she was doing just to piss you off more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    it's always the wrong move to attack the writers, because he/she will keep doing what he/she was doing just to piss you off more.
    I don't have enough unwarranted self-importance to think that Afrasiabi checks mmo-champion and goes "Fuck, that dick-man guy is onto us, quick, put another Saurfang cinematic in the pipeline, that'll really piss him off!"
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

I don't have enough unwarranted self-importance to think that Afrasiabi checks mmo-champion and goes "Fuck, that dick-man guy is onto us, quick, put another Saurfang cinematic in the pipeline, that'll really piss him off!"
    So when we get a CGI cinematic of Saurfang saving orc children from burning orphanage, which naturally Sylvanas set on fire because she stubbed her toe on the bed that morning, it's actually your fault!

We should all agree to make at least 5 pro-Saurfang threads a month to throw Afrasiabi off our trail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Obviously Baine or Talanji.

Both of them would definitely throw the Horde into the "boring" side of the story. Can you imagine the showdown between no-flaw Anduin and pristine Talanji or flat Baine in the future ? That will be epic /yawn

- What if we just do nothing and wait to see what happens
    - Yeah let's do that
    To be fair, Talanji have something that makes her interesting....

Bwonsandi (Its kind of sad that a character interesting side come from its connection to another character that is actually interesting by itself)

Note: Talanji is a good character, is just that, for the moment, she's too good (at least we have not seen her gone full Anduin nor Full Baine) -She havev shown no problem with hunting down her enemies and cutting their heads

Note: This part is not a joke, what comes after is.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    So when we get a CGI cinematic of Saurfang saving orc children from burning orphanage, which naturally Sylvanas set on fire because she stubbed her toe on the bed that morning, it's actually your fault!
    That's stupid, YOU HAVE TO ADD ARTHAS THERE SOMEHOW!, like how she went there and saw a human orphan... that had an Elf plushie toy!, that reminded her how she was like a toy for Arthas (We can't let that go, for some reason, we can use that to justify every action of hers)

So when we get a CGI cinematic of Saurfang saving human children from burning orphanage, which naturally Sylvanas set on fire because she stubbed her toe on the bed that morning, it's actually your fault!
    Fixed that for you. Of course we'll see Saurfang hesitating before he goes in, until he sees the image of the God-King in the clouds like Mufasa in the Lion King. Then he finds his courage and rescues them.

We must dedicate ourselves to being Anduin shills in order to prevent this from happening through reverse psychology.

7+ Year Old Account
    the future will determine i was right
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

We must dedicate ourselves to being Anduin shills in order to prevent this from happening through reverse psychology.
    going in deep

I've been meaning to tell you how I'm really starting to like Anduin. He's the only guy who tries to do what's right despite how hard it may be. If only more people in the real world would behave like him, we'd all live in harmony and happiness.

going in deep

I've been meaning to tell you how I'm really starting to like Anduin. He's the only guy who tries to do what's right despite how hard it may be. If only more people in the real world would behave like him, we'd all live in harmony and happiness.
    And at such a young age too. I've learned a lot from following his adventures. I think Anduin isn't just an inspiring figure to the people of Azeroth, he's also taught me a lot and changed the way I act around things in real life. When I saw an old lady having trouble walking across the street today I wondered "What would Anduin do?" and that's how I was sure I was doing the right thing. Thank you, Blizzard, for helping us learn and grow alongside him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    going in deep

You are dead to me /s

It's 100% going to be Baine because Blizz loves 'muh honor' too much.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-02-19 at 05:48 PM.

You are dead to me /s
    Once the Unification is completed we'll all be friends whether you want it or not!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Once the Unification is completed we'll all be friends whether you want it or not!
    This sounds like 3rd season of kemono friends going wrong. Very wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather have thrall back....I know you don't like him but anything beats the current head bitch in charge.

The only problem with Talanji is she is kinda too perfect, and that is not a good trait for any character that is supposed to be liked. So far her only flaw is the youth, which should in theory work against her due to inexperience in command, but with characters like Anduin Blizz has shown how much do they actually care about lack of experience. Then again, her major advantage is she is actually flexible. Instead of dragging the whole Horde into Muh Honor or Muh Anduin, she could either develop some sort of peace while setting some sort of small-scale payback for Dazar Alor. Or go full vengeance mode if things go her way, specially if Bwonsamdi somehow pushes her into giving him more souls.

Then again, it'd be better if by that time Our Treasure finally got his "well deserved rest" before that unless we want to have another Warchief down the meat grinder.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    It's 100% going to be Baine because Blizz loves 'muh honor' too much.
    Baine would be the most limp noodle Warchief ever, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even have a lot of issues with him. My biggest problem with him? Baine should've been the one to die to Garrosh's axe and Magatha's poison and Cairne should still be around. Baine was never more than a plot device to get Cairne to do things.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Baine would be the most limp noodle Warchief ever, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even have a lot of issues with him. My biggest problem with him? Baine should've been the one to die to Garrosh's axe and Magatha's poison and Cairne should still be around. Baine was never more than a plot device to get Cairne to do things.
    I'm pretty sure Cairne would just be another Baine. Chronicle retconned him challenging Garrosh to Mak'gora because of Garrosh's incursions into Ashenvale, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    It's 100% going to be Baine because Blizz loves 'moo honor' too much.
    *cough*

I vote for the Priest-duo Humite and Yubi.