What's causing LFR's Opulence to reset while in phase 1?

It's happened 4 out of the 7 times I've ran it. None of the pugs I ran with knew why.

Initially I thought it had to do with players still in the middle, but I had a successful run with that situation.

are you sure its not the guy who was afk on the pull getting back and running at the main boss?

i thought it was that one side killed theirs and the other side was like halfway

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeth View Post
    i thought it was that one side killed theirs and the other side was like halfway
    They share hp in lfr

10+ Year Old Account
    In LFR they share hp. The only times I've seen it reset is when someone is AFK and in the starting room when the boss spawns. I assume the boss targets that person and can't get to them, so resets.

I've also seen it not reset when a healer was stood down at the gate as they'd missed the start of the fight, so not 100% certain.

yea probably the afker in mid room is still the biggest factor

if the boss spawns and starts moving towards anyone afk in the middle room he will reset

Yeah, it's definitely someone standing outside. You might get lucky once or twice and have them never be targetted by anything, but usually it'll reset before a kill. Just kick that person and move on.

We had this issue in normal as well if one our tanks didn't get aggro on the boss in his room. One side, for example, might have killed their add, while the other was still fighting- the side that was still fighting would get aggro on the boss, and the boss can't leave his room. I realize in LFR the adds have shared health, but if neither tank is in position to pick up the boss when he goes active, he may reset as he has no path (can't leave his room) to whoever has aggro.

Stupid with more stupid....

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I resubbed, I've only done LFR for it twice and once I saw it reset. The first time I didn't know the fight, so me, a warlock and a shaman ended up getting locked out of the side room. I watched the warlock run off towards the boss in the main room to see if he could try to find a way around the locked door to where everyone else was, accidently pull the main boss, and everything reset. I'd assume it's likely that most of the time.