Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    yeah i am torn on the token. The old teenager me would love it, play the game you love, pay the sub. But it has also create some problems
    The token was always going to be a double edged sword.

Which is why the FF14 solution is flat out the best. It doesn't timegate you hard but makes you work for it a bit with exploring.

Pathfinder part 1 is barely worth it just for a small ground speed increase. Which again FF14 handled better by letting you get ground speed increases with hunt seals as you can't fly in ARR zones.

But sadly we have the people telling Blizzard taking a core feature and timegating it by nearly a year is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    1. Yes I do in most games. Don't speak for me. With WoW however it's hard to appreciate/pay attention because they do such a poor job of telling it these days.

2. Funny because when I fly over zones like The Churning Mists and Yanxia in FF14 I see some pretty badass views that make me realise the zone design team fucking nailed it.

But by all means pretend you speak for people and others. Literally crumbles any debate you brought in so laters.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW token is cool and all but imo it's caused more harm than good.

It's cool to be able to pay your sub with ingame gold. But shit just buy a load and you can legit get carried through Mythics.
    What? Lmao. Crumbles?

I do speak for others. They're too lazy and stupid to realize they're craving a point and click adventure, not an MMO.

I told you. Don't give me that "I appreciate the views" bullshit. You don't. You never have and never will in WoW. Even when you did have flying.
    And even if you do, you still get the same views by travelling to vistas like mountains or tall towers.

Flying was a mistake. Because it created people like you who can't think for themselves and need a big arrow pointing them where to go and a checklist telling them what to do and how to do.

Lack of flying at max level in the launch patch has contributed to the decline of WoW.

But Ion still has a stick up his butt. Hope it was worth losing HALF the company's stock price and 800 jobs. They aren't going to change flying... and even if they did.. it;'s too late. They have cost the game dearly... I don;t think there is a coming back from this.

Hopefully the coming Classic, Classic, TBC, and Classic WotLK will revive the game and give flyers (come BC anyway) what they love about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Lack of flying at max level in the launch patch has contributed to the decline of WoW.

But Ion still has a stick up his butt. Hope it was worth losing HALF the company's stock price and 800 jobs. They aren't going to change flying... and even if they did.. it;'s too late. They have cost the game dearly... I don;t think there is a coming back from this.

Hopefully the coming Classic, Classic, TBC, and Classic WotLK will revive the game and give flyers (come BC anyway) what they love about the game.
    Wow had nothing to do with either the stock price nor the 800 jobs cut. Your whole post is complete nonsense.

I just wish they wipe out flying from the game and increase geound mount speed to 150%. I hate having people fly away when I camp their corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The token was always going to be a double edged sword.
    It's not like we wouldn't have gold sellers without it. The main purpose of the token is removing some of the danger from having people deal with shady third parties, since removing the actual issue would be nigh-impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Prove it. And not just that WoW has declined, but that there is a causal link to flying.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    All well an good early on but there has to be a breaking point where the ease of traveling far out ways the traveling time sink. I would say before the first patch the player base has lapped the usefulness of the WQ on multiple toons that the majority of the WQ go untouched. Question becomes would flying cause a spike in players actually engaging in more WQ across multiple toons rather then the nit picking Im sure a lot are doin now..

- - - Updated - - -

You'd have a valid case if Blizzard actually made an attempt at content in the open world instead of rehashed leveling/rare quests.
    If the WQ armor/weapon drops were always 5-10 ilvls higher than your current ilvl, it would keep them relavent, keep the players playing, and would add to the pool of available pug raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They throw gold at you for breathing. It is no longer anything you claim. Second, if you want something in game, there is specific content you have to do to get it. Yet, the only time people like you whine about it is for flying. If you want it, do the content required to get it regardless of what it is.
    That "throwing" is some sort of "balance", needed to prevent gold rewards, especially Wow Tokens, from being exclusive for certain categories of players, such as AH-farmers, raid boost sellers, etc.

And no. There are other example of badly designed exclusive rewards. Just one on a top of my head - MOP dailies for example, where Valor gear was gated behind rep grinds.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2019-02-28 at 04:08 AM.
    We play RPG - not adventure and/or platformer, like Tomb Rider or Assassin's Creed.
    Blizzard should either remove features, that don't fit into RPG genre, or enable flying to avoid them for players, who don't like them.
    Flying - is like ability to turn PVP-flag off. It allows devs to design content purely for "PVPers" without risk of harming "PVEers".
    My perfect Wow.

Wow had nothing to do with either the stock price nor the 800 jobs cut. Your whole post is complete nonsense.
    Actually it did. If WoW has had consistently lower subscribers then that's why they're cutting GM/CM staff.

Lol. There is even quest with "you can't use mount" objective. The torch of strength. So what? It's actually possible to make some quests to be "on a ground only"?
    We play RPG - not adventure and/or platformer, like Tomb Rider or Assassin's Creed.
    Blizzard should either remove features, that don't fit into RPG genre, or enable flying to avoid them for players, who don't like them.
    Flying - is like ability to turn PVP-flag off. It allows devs to design content purely for "PVPers" without risk of harming "PVEers".
    My perfect Wow.

How would you design a world where you can't skip content due to flying without making everything in caves or indoors?

Same as in TBC, flying enemy NPCs and ground to air missiles. These things could be evaded but it wasn't trivial to do so.

I don't know. I've started to think about it again. I've started to think, that no-flying and Pathfinder - are anti-bot measures. I haven't noticed it before, but after doing some fishing on Draenor I realized, that such ground design just can't be made for REAL humans. Crowds of mobs underwater everywhere? For whom are they made? Isn't it just a waste of server resources? And Pathfinder. Isn't it the best way to prevent botters from obtaining flying on newly created accounts?
    My perfect Wow.

So, you are making declarations about an expansion you have never played? How can you possibly know if you ahve never played it?

Also, what exactly have you sacrificed? You accuse everyone else of being unwilling to sacrifice yet you are unwilling to sacrifice at all. YOu don't want a 50/50 compromise. You want it to be 100/0 in your favor. You're a hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy trying to force everyone to play the game his way

And by the way, Flying is not meaningless. You can level up alts, and do all kinds of things. People aren't forced to slog through anything. Only the lazy think they are being forced.
    The only people trying to force others to play the game their way are anti flyers lol. That you lack the self control to not put a flyer on your bar and just stay on the ground isn't people trying to control how you play it's you lacking self control.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    The only people trying to force others to play the game their way are anti flyers lol. That you lack the self control to not put a flyer on your bar and just stay on the ground isn't people trying to control how you play it's you lacking self control.
    "hEy GuYs iF yoU wAnT thE CoNtENT tO Be MorE diFFiCulT just TAke YOuRR SHoulrders Off LmAO nO self Control"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    "hEy GuYs iF yoU wAnT thE CoNtENT tO Be MorE diFFiCulT just TAke YOuRR SHoulrders Off LmAO nO self Control"
    Seriously what stops you from staying on a ground mount? Absolutely nothing supposedly you all love the time it takes you to do stuff in the world now so why shorten it? Hell if you want to be a real hardcore player you should probably just rp walk everywhere. Oh that could be the next pathfinder taking away another thing we had for a literal decade you now have to get pathfinder to run in bfa content and then pathfinder extreme to mount up.

Seriously what stops you from staying on a ground mount? Absolutely nothing supposedly you all love the time it takes you to do stuff in the world now so why shorten it? Hell if you want to be a real hardcore player you should probably just rp walk everywhere. Oh that could be the next pathfinder taking away another thing we had for a literal decade you now have to get pathfinder to run in bfa content and then pathfinder extreme to mount up.
    Competition. In other words, you not doing the same.

But that's irrelevant since it isn't the main reason for Pathfinder anyway.

True. Maybe Blizzard should give us full 420+ items for 20 gold and say if you dont like it dont use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    If the WQ armor/weapon drops were always 5-10 ilvls higher than your current ilvl, it would keep them relavent, keep the players playing, and would add to the pool of available pug raiders.
    No it would made players quit game.

They throw gold at you for breathing. It is no longer anything you claim. Second, if you want something in game, there is specific content you have to do to get it. Yet, the only time people like you whine about it is for flying. If you want it, do the content required to get it regardless of what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Well of course you don't. You want everything handed to you. God forbid you actually have to put in an effort to get it. Nope, you want laziness to be rewarded.
    Statements like these always come across as pretty stupid. Most of us already earned flying many times over since its introduction back in TBC. People are not asking for something to be handed to them they are asking for something they already earned and paid for time and time again to still be available to them without needless and pointless delays and hurdles that serve no purpose beyond allowing the devs to be lazy in designing content.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Or you just let people pick the form of transportation they like. Have both flying and ground mounts ulocked, you know.
    Maybe just turn it off when PvP is on if you care about that stuff.
    Or they just permanently remove it in all new content, unlocking it for the last expansion when the new one comes out. Thats the best option imo.