Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yes god forbid people don't want to budge on the forceful removal of something they already have. You're just as guilty honestly though. Right above you, someone suggests something different and you flatout reject it to maintain the status quo.

Every previous poll I can find on here (except the front page one, where people could vote an unlimited number of times) shows that more than 50% of the people want flying at max level or by the first patch. Granted they're not large sample sizes, but why are we being stymied by people like you who enjoy running through the same 6 zones for the hundredth time.

64% for flying by the first patch / max level
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...g-Your-Opinion

77.14% want to fly in draenor
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Flying-or-LFR

89.8% 2013 Poll from MoP where you could buy it at max level
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ing-Mount-Poll
    Internet forum poles are never to be taken seriously, espeically one that skews heavily towards anti-Blizzard.

And no I am not guilty because I wanted flying to reamin as it was going in WoD when they said no. When they compromised with Pathfinder, I accepted it since I could live with it to be able fly and have enjoyed it ever since as opposed to the rest you who haven't budged one foot from wanting it handed to you for nothing. I already compromised once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    As I play with WarMode permanently off (PVE server in the past), then PVP isn't valid argument for me. Blizzard themselves confirmed, that PVP isn't major factor here. But when I look at PVP-biased xpack like BFA,
    BFA is in no way PvP based. Facton vs. Faction does not = PvP.

The only people who care about WPvP are gankers. There is literally no reward to attacking people instead of getting on with your WQs. If WPvPers quit - good riddance I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    There is no content. Pathfinder means you already completed it. That is the point of Pathfinder.
    Oh FFS....have you never played wow before Pathfinder or something? Have you never played an alt after getting pathfinder and zipped from point to point on a flying mount?

The point being that if a player has the power of flying available to them, they're able to consume content faster. Mostly because Blizzard refuses to change how flight works, or alter content to take flight into consideration when designing it.

So they took the easy way out: Remove flight for all intents and purposes via Pathfinder, guaranteeing that all the content gets completed at a slower pace while simultaneously using flight as a carrot for players to chase.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-02-22 at 12:56 AM.

Bored to hell to even care anymore, game time expired and I didnt buy more for the first time in 14 years.
    I felll like Im being punished for playing the current expansion every time I log in and Im grounded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    None of the timegating and "yeah, you can fly now, but in 3 months we're going to release a new no-fly zone where all the remaining relevant content for the expansion will take place" bullshit.
    I really liked Argus but the whole no fly thing kept me from going back there once Legion ended.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    BFA is in no way PvP based. Facton vs. Faction does not = PvP.
    Really? Whole xpack theme - pointless war and hate between factions, that happens not only in game, but also at forums, where all this Sylvanas vs Saurfang wars happen. Instead of having just small parts of "forced PVP" content back in Legion, like Dal Sewers, now we have to go to 3 other faction locations, full of PVP-flagged mobs. We have Expidicions and Warfronts, that are literally "PVP with bots" and actually used for AI testing for future BGs with bots for players. Blizzard still think, that players hate PVP because they're scared to play against real humans. That's why they implement bots. But real reason - PVP is unfair and toxic. So if players wouldn't hate other players in PVP - they would hate developers instead. And in 8.1.5 we will have revamped ICC, WSG and Arathi. As I already said, we will have Arathi with bots in a future. And also. All that class mechanic pruning is also done for PVP. Because deep class mechanics, you can dig into - is purely PVE thing. And PVPers don't care about them - they just care about nuking their enemies via pressing 2-3 buttons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Oh FFS....have you never played wow before Pathfinder or something? Have you never played an alt after getting pathfinder and zipped from point to point on a flying mount?

The point being that if a player has the power of flying available to them, they're able to consume content faster. Mostly because Blizzard refuses to change how flight works, or alter content to take flight into consideration when designing it.

So they took the easy way out: Remove flight for all intents and purposes via Pathfinder, guaranteeing that all the content gets completed at a slower pace while simultaneously using flight as a carrot for players to chase.
    Well, have you ever played Wow before? The whole point of alts - to do MORE content. That's why we do exactly the same content for 2nd..50th time. May be even on several alts at the same time. So, time consumption on particular alt isn't factor here, you know. If there isn't enough content for me - I can play two alts at the same time, 3, 4, 5, etc. But tediousness of content - is big factor here. That's why when I play on alt, I should be able to "smooth some sharp angles". Also. Don't forget, that majority of content is time gated now. I.e. no matter, if content takes 1 hour without flying and 50 minutes with it - I just can't do more, than some capped amount of content. And that means, no sub time loss for Blizz anyway.

For example. I currently play 3 alts at the same time. One 100lvl alt to do Garrison. One 90lvl alt to do farm and MOP dailies (except Shado-Pan and Golden Lotus, cuz they're bad and were the reason, why I quit back in MOP). I don't do 110lvl content, cuz I don't like Legion content and WQs are just bad. And at the same time I also have 70lvl alt, I level through WotLK content, that will replace my 100lvl alt at some point, when he'll run out of content. And guess what? All content, I do, is content with flying. And BFA is just terrible xpack, I'll buy, when 8.2 will hit, if it will be as good, as I think. If not - I won't repeat Legion mistake and will get if for free, when next xpack will be released.

But don't think, that if I'll give my money to Blizzard anyway, then why should they bother about making better current xpack? I resubbed just recently (about a week ago), cuz I got bored from GW2. I hadn't been subbed since release of BFA, cuz broken scaling in 7.3.5 and excessive pruning in 8.0.1 killed large amount of old content.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2019-02-22 at 05:46 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

"If you don't like flying, just don't use it"

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-02-22 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    There is no comparison between entering some place like Howling Fjord for the first time via the boat and navigating with the elevators, experiencing the nooks and crannies as the game intended, and just flying over it.
    There is actually It was called storm peaks and Icecrown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    What we have is already a compromise between flying on day one and not flying at all.

What you suggest is undoing that compromise by allowing flying on day one.
    Actually a true compromise would be a cycle system.

For one expansion we do what we have now where it's locked until much later into the expansion, and even when it is usable the most current patch zone(s) doesn't.

The next expansion however we have it from the start and the no flyers have to wait until 8.2 or so for an area where flying isn't allowed.

This way both parties get stuck waiting for long periods of time for something they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I have a better idea.

How about they implement this system where we visit a vendor at max level and buy it with gold?
    Or best idea remove it from the game and admit that they should never added it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Or best idea remove it from the game and admit that they should never added it.
    Or better still leave it in and tell people who hate it "feel free to use your ground mount".

I've just experienced exact reason, why I don't play without flying. I tried to do some content "without flying", but mob density and respawn rate are SO HIGH, that mobs start to immediately respawn right behind me and overrun my relatively weak character - Mage is one of the weakest outdoor classes in this game and needs some "free space" to play properly. I immediately switched back to playing with flying, cuz what's the point in killing that mobs, if they respawn almost immediately? It's just pure waste of my time.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather just fork over some gold at level 118. Just like we used to do in TBC (lvl 68) and WoTLK (lvl 78). If you don't flying, then don't fucking buy it. Easy fix.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    IDK why they can't just design zones with flying in mind like Storm Peaks and Icecrown?
    Yes exactly. Or Deepholm.

Compromise would be give us flying at max level as in TbC, WothlK and Pandaria (Cata we could fly from the start) - but throw in the exploration achivement too so you've been "immersed in the landscape" before being allowed to see it from above.

Although from a "rp/logical" (for lack of better terms) it makes little sense. We learned to fly in TbC; how come we keep "forgetting" it every so often, well except from taxi birds and bombing quests (at least WotlK had "cold weather" as excuse)??

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I already ate that content. It's in my belly.

I just farted, and it smells a little bit like that content, but mostly like a fart. Several hours later, I will go to the bathroom and poop out that content.

In summary, the content has been consumed.

Yes, it makes alts faster, going through the exact same content I already completed multiple times. That isn't consuming new content, it's regurgitating and then eating your vomit.

7+ Year Old Account

I just farted, and it smells a little bit like that content, but mostly like a fart. Several hours later, I will go to the bathroom and poop out that content.

Yes, it makes alts faster, going through the exact same content I already completed multiple times. That isn't consuming new content, it's regurgitating and then eating your vomit.
    LMFAO this is facts. Disgusting analogy, but that is the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Better compromise:

Put in all the pathfinder achievements from the start and let people unlock it at whatever speed they want. Majority of people have finished part 1 yonks ago and are now just waiting for them to release part two.

I get they want everyone to explore the world on foot but that's already all done in part 1 so what exactly is the reason for making people wait?
    I mean not only that but with shields and crafted items you can avoid being dismounted. Literally the only difference (with one caveat) between what we have now and flying was the dismounted by mobs thing.

The one caveat is when they abstractly put in some kind of mountain you have to climb but the ramp up the mountain is only in one spot so you have to run around and around and around until you find it. Because wasting time is an "experience" or something.

Also, the worst part is, when you get a gear upgrade that you don't have the azerite for, so you lose your shield and now get dismounted trying to do WQs for items that don't even help you. Sure, I can 2 shot most the WQ mobs at this point and can just feign death too, but... what is the point of inconveniencing people for fun?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    I like that. But realistically that would be very rage-inducing. I can hear the cries of pvpers saying they are being punished.
    There are no PVPers, first off. There are just PVEers trying to grind azerite and being griefed.

For two, we already have the "auto dismount a person" item, that has no purpose until flying is introduced. Effectively there will be no flying in warmode because of it.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Flying should unlock as soon as you get loremaster achievement of that expansion , you basically seen everything that expansion had to offer once and now should be able to enjoy flying on your character and future alts .

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    There are no PVPers, first off. There are just PVEers trying to grind azerite and being griefed.

For two, we already have the "auto dismount a person" item, that has no purpose until flying is introduced. Effectively there will be no flying in warmode because of it.
    I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. Some PvPers must exist... somewhere...

I assume you mean the Net-o-Matic 5000. Not everyone has it. Not everyone uses it. I wasn't aware it was a thing until you mentioned it. But I'm not a PvPer. Likewise other non-pvpers with war mode on may not know about it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give us flying at the start of the expansion.
    Sure, flying makes some content trivial, but BfA has no content to start off with so no loss.

/facepalm

Are you intentionally TRYING to not understand that what we're talking about is the situation where IF flying was available the FIRST time you consumed the content?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-02-22 at 07:12 PM.

I'm OK if they completely remove flying. You know what? Not only flying but also they should remove portals.

Make WOW Great Again!