Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Are you intentionally TRYING to not understand that what we're talking about is the situation where IF flying was available the FIRST time you consumed the content?
    No, I wasn't intentionally being obtuse, I had no clue that's what you were talking about. They clearly aren't going to do that ever again, and only did it in Cataclysm because they really had no choice due to how the zones were integrated into the existing world, so why bring it up?

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Thats why they call it leveling, besides by the time Uldir launched the zones themselves were obsolete. Already revered with most, didnt need the currency, ap or the gear by that point so why ground us.....
    arbitrary time sink. when you spend more time travelling and less time doing useful shit, you'll spend more time in game to do what you could normally do in a fraction of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only compromise is to make flying threats. Without it flying will always be used to handicapped teleport to locations of importance.

Flying post TBC and wotlk (when it was used as location unlock) reminds me of noclipping to the end of level in half life
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

People consume faster than you do. Not their fault you take ages to complete shit.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Parhfinder is fine. You explore, you complete chain quests, you even search for something (treasures and so on). I do not agree with reputation prerequisites (unless you can complete them simply completing your way to pf, aka NO freaking emissaries, story quests only).

But when pf is finished, you unlock flying. No time gating.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    The whole purpose is to have people experience the zones before giving them the ability to just fly over all of it.
    We've experienced it have people get loremaster then you can fly it's pretty dang simple.

Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    I'm OK if they completely remove flying. You know what? Not only flying but also they should remove portals.

Make WOW Great Again!
    With 8.2 ground mounts will go away too. In 8.3 also running will be forbidden. By the end of the year we will only be able to walk at 0,5 speed, so we can better enjoy the environment (mythic timers will also double, don’t worry).

10+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be more exploration in the sky, Flying cities, worm holes, air combat, whole zones in the sky that needs flying mounts to explore, at this point in the game I would bet everyone has a flying mount or a friend with a 2 seat'er. If worse comes to worse put fly points from one Fly point to the other, just up in the clouds, oh and where TF is there clouds in wow that you can fly through and be like holy shit look at all this awesomeness to explore above the clouds..not to mention cargo runs you could use your mounts for. The damn options open to improve flying in WOW is almost limitless but instead the devs can't come up with just 1 of those options so instead they just take it away. A child could come up with a better system.

I would have thought it was obvious by now.

They are going to keep trying to remove flying every xpac...because it saves money for them they don't need to develop it or code for it in later expansion which saves them money.
    IF the players make them cave they are going to implement it is a shit way to annoy as many people as possible in an attempt to disuade you from looking for it in later expansions.

They are going to keep trying to remove flying every xpac...because it saves money for them they don't need to develop it or code for it in later expansion which saves them money.
    Never have I seen someone so oblivious to how coding works. The flying system is the same since TBC. This is controlled by the world designers in the editor they use. When they create a zone they simply hit a checkbox to disable flying until X achivement is earned. It's 2 seconds of work.

Even if it's hardcoded they just reuse old flying pathfinder code and exchange the achivement unlock and which zones they affect. Takes maybe 2 min.

The reason they dont want to put flying in is because it reduces the In Game Time figures.

Think about it, to do a full lap of AP world quests atm takes about 45-1 hour depending on where they spawn and how efficient you are. With flying you could do that in about 20-25 minutes due to far faster travel time.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I'd much rather just fork over some gold at level 118. Just like we used to do in TBC (lvl 68) and WoTLK (lvl 78). If you don't like flying, then don't fucking buy it. Easy fix.
    Oh yeah for sure, things should be like they were twelve damn years ago. Bush should still be president.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    In a nutshell: Look at those quotes next time somebody claims there is a "community" or "playerbase" that knows what it wants. (as in "the devs lost touch with what the community wants")
    See....what I take from this is that most people want something other than Pathfinder. There's always going to be a few people who just don't care, or that want to "explore the ground".

And honestly, I wonder how much those people's opinions would change if flight was actually incorporated into the open world design, and used it instead of pretending it didn't exist. Sadly, we'll never know as long as Hazzicostas is at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    We had higher sub numbers in WotLK and MoP than WoD which is when they started restricting flying.
    We had strongest growth in Vanilla when there was no flying at all. Subs started to drop when Cata introduced flying from the start. MoP slightly reversed its decline in subs when it introduced the no-fly islands. Numbers are fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    See....what I take from this is that most people want something other than Pathfinder. There's always going to be a few people who just don't care, or that want to "explore the ground".

And honestly, I wonder how much those people's opinions would change if flight was actually incorporated into the open world design, and used it instead of pretending it didn't exist. Sadly, we'll never know as long as Hazzicostas is at the helm.
    Calling people with different opinions sheep and fanboys - check.
    Calling devs lazy because you don't like their decisions - check.
    Imagining it's all about money as if no flying automatically generates profit - check.
    Blaming it all on Ion as if he's the sole decision maker - check.

Just need you to get all huffy and claim you were trying to be civil despite those points and I got SirCowdog bingo!

They should give flying (doesnt matter to me if its with pathfinder or buying from a vendor) at MINIMUM when 1st major patch is released... doing same shit WQs and emissarys for a year without it is just tedious as f.

Blizzard really should make better compromise, cuz waiting for a year to finally buy new xpack and start playing it - is really bad thing for us and for them. Simple fact, that they remove flying from all current content, just shows, that they just don't respect their players and therefore there is no reason for us to respect them. Flying - is what would make me buy BFA immediately.

And there are actually tons of solutions here:
    1) Don't give certain rewards and achivements to players, if they used flying to obtain them. Like jump puzzle, where when you start quest, you get some buff, that drops, if you use flying mount.
    2) Unlock flying in some locations. Some locations are for pro-flyers, some for anti-flyers. Fair situation.
    3) Make flying and no-flying content.
    4) Flying and no-flying mode, similar to WarMode. Players don't see each other, so no envy. Extra rewards for playing without flying. Not so big, as some players think, cuz flying isn't actually such a big deal. And some of them even admit it.
    5) ...
    6) Profit!

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    We had strongest growth in Vanilla when there was no flying at all. Subs started to drop when Cata introduced flying from the start. MoP slightly reversed its decline in subs when it introduced the no-fly islands. Numbers are fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Calling people with different opinions sheep and fanboys - check.
    Calling devs lazy because you don't like their decisions - check.
    Imagining it's all about money as if no flying automatically generates profit - check.
    Blaming it all on Ion as if he's the sole decision maker - check.

Just need you to get all huffy and claim you were trying to be civil despite those points and I got SirCowdog bingo!
    What a shitpost. It's all your words. Not his.

Flying decreases time-played metrics, so don't expect changes in their no-flying policy any time soon.

Or it just unlocks after exploring all zones, doing main story quests and finding treasures or whatever.

Flying once max level. Fuck anything else. Game dosent start until flying really.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO