Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    It's already a compromise.
    "Yeah guys, we know you like flight but we cba to make 3d questing anymore, so you'll only get to fly when it's literally meaningless for anything other than levelling alts" - Sincerely yours, Ion.

Yeah, wonderful compromise
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

There's literally no reason to compromise either.

There was nothing wrong with buying it for gold as you hit max level. Blizzard are just taking core features and timegating them to keep that crappy MAU count up which ironically dropped like 5 mil in the last 2 quarters.

Least people are starting to see this timegating for what it really is and moving to games that actually have a dev team that are passionate about their work.

Of course it's a time gate, but the only part of it that really upsets me is the delay until patch X.2. If they allowed flying in patch 8.1, I'd be basically OK with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No you haven't earned flying because you aren't given flying with completion of part 1. You are given a ground mount speed increase. When you finish part II you get flying unlocked everywhere. If part 1 granted flying, but it wasn't activated until after part II was completed, then you can say it was a lie. But it isn't because you were never rewarded with flying for completeing part 1. You have to complete both parts to get flying in BFA zones. So, no, there is no lie.
    Achievement can say any arbitrary thing, Blizzard would want. Achievement itself isn't lie, yeah. But "earning" flying is, sorry. It's simple logic. What the point in "earning" flying, if I will need to wait for a year anyway? It's not earning - it's just waiting till Blizzard will decide to release flying. And achievement is just spit in a face on a top of it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Achievement can say any arbitrary thing, Blizzard would want. Achievement itself isn't lie, yeah. But "earning" flying is, sorry. It's simple logic. What the point in "earning" flying, if I will need to wait for a year anyway? It's not earning - it's just waiting till Blizzard will decide to release flying. And achievement is just spit in a face on a top of it.
    Wrong. Pathfinder is earning flying. Paying for it with gold = earning flying is a lie. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

There was nothing wrong with buying it for gold as you hit max level. Blizzard are just taking core features and timegating them to keep that crappy MAU count up which ironically dropped like 5 mil in the last 2 quarters.

Least people are starting to see this timegating for what it really is and moving to games that actually have a dev team that are passionate about their work.
    Of course you think nothing is wrong because you are lazy. There is plenty wrong with it now especially in light of WoW tokens. If they still allowed it to be bought for gold you would be able to buy it with real money. That is HUGE problem. Pathfnider eliminates that problem.

Alsoo you not liking a game does not = developers have no passion. Get that nonsense out of here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dudenoso View Post
    Well, you don't need computers to execute gradient descent either. But guess what? It bloody helps.

Personally, my issue with pathfinder is how long it takes. FFXIV got it right with allowing you to fly as soon as the zone's main quest line is over (with just a little exploration parallel to the quests).
    But that wasn't the point being made. THe person I responded to literally said you can't play the game with out flying. That is indisputably false.

Please try to make your points without being insulting. Attack the post, not the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wrong. Pathfinder is earning flying. Paying for it with gold = earning flying is a lie. Period.
    Gold is actually the best variant, as it's universal reward, that can be earned for doing any content, you want. Worst thing about Blizzards' reward system - is that this system forces content via rewards. And there should be some "Bring content not rewards" system, where players play content, because they like to play it, not because they're forced to. This eliminates burnout from chasing reward instead of enjoying content.

Real reason, why gold was replaced by achievement - because you can buy gold now, so buying flying for gold would be P2W. But it doesn't mean universal reward can't exist. We can always implement second "ingame only" currency, similar to badges in the past.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Your "pay for flying" point is not an argument, btw., if you dont specify the ammount. This goes for others too. Its easy to say "just like tbc mate!" but very few players had the ammount of gold that requirerd tbc flying when they hit cap.

I bet if they would actually make it buy it through gold, but a ammount that is not a joke, the same people who complain about time gates would complain

Or they would just buy tokens, making it essentialy a pay2w mechanic, topkek. Something else which is ignored
    Which is why it should just be like FF14s. Finish each zones story since they are hell bent on putting stories in zones a lot more now and go around and find 10 let's call them "Wind Currents" in WoW that are scattered around the zone aka encouraging you to explore the zone to get attuned with it.

Seriously say what you will but FF14 handles flying SOOOOOO much better. No unnecessary timegates needed.

Would be a better system then "hur dur gold is best" thing. However i there need to be more tuned to WoW.
    Honestly I saw no issue with buying it with gold.

Why they need to compromise on a quality of life feature when other devs don't or are very friendly about it is beyond me.

Or they would just buy tokens, making it essentialy a pay2w mechanic, topkek. Something else which is ignored
    If at the end Blizzard just want my money, then it would be easier to just admit it. If they want me to "pay for flying via sub fee", then it would really be easier for me to just give this money to them, if they want them so much, but avoid all this masochism. How much "faster" does flying allow me to consume content? Would $60 be enough for them? Price of whole xpack?

It's flying. A way for you to hit the auto run button and sit on your phone until you reach your destination. No different than flight paths.

Quit being lazy. In a video game. Lmao

And don't give me that "flying lets me appreciate the land better" horse shit. You people don't even pay attention to the story and your surroundings. You're just drones, pointing and clicking because a big yellow text tells you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    It's flying. A way for you to hit the auto run button and sit on your phone until you reach your destination. No different than flight paths.

Quit being lazy. In a video game. Lmao

And don't give me that "flying lets me appreciate the land better" horse shit. You people don't even pay attention to the story and your surroundings. You're just drones, pointing and clicking because a big yellow text tells you to.
    1. Yes I do in most games. Don't speak for me. With WoW however it's hard to appreciate/pay attention because they do such a poor job of telling it these days.

2. Funny because when I fly over zones like The Churning Mists and Yanxia in FF14 I see some pretty badass views that make me realise the zone design team fucking nailed it.

But by all means pretend you speak for people and others. Literally crumbles any debate you brought in so laters.

- - - Updated - - -

beside tokens, like i said it comes how much gold is "buyin with gold". Its not intristic problematic but more like what is the right ammount
    WoW token is cool and all but imo it's caused more harm than good.

It's cool to be able to pay your sub with ingame gold. But shit just buy a load and you can legit get carried through Mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Why the FUCK should we have to compromise on anything? Why should we have to beg? Make deals? Walk the devs back from horrible design decisions? Rationalise or white-knight?

Blizzard need to stop being lazy. They need to stop building horrible game systems that don't resonate with the players and then ramming them down our throats until we lose our gag reflexes. They need to stop pruning, homogenizing, tweaking, gating, or delaying things.

The game can't stand on its own merits anymore. The content's not compelling enough to do for as long as they want us to do it without slowing things down or taking stuff away to make things take longer. Previously core features are taken away and given back, and then we're expected to be grateful.

Our attitude is wrong. Blizzard should be compromising with us to make us want to play the game. We shouldn't have to compromise with them to get back features that never should have gone in the first place. Hell if they had their shit together with their their development pipeline and business processes back in WoD then they would have actually finished the damn Draenor content after giving us 18 months of sweet fuck-all and flying wouldn't have needed to be removed to fix their mistake in the first place.
    You make it sound like developers should stop making a game they want and instead let players decide how the game should be made.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Gold is actually the best variant, as it's universal reward, that can be earned for doing any content, you want. Worst thing about Blizzards' reward system - is that this system forces content via rewards. And there should be some "Bring content not rewards" system, where players play content, because they like to play it, not because they're forced to. This eliminates burnout from chasing reward instead of enjoying content.

Real reason, why gold was replaced by achievement - because you can buy gold now, so buying flying for gold would be P2W. But it doesn't mean universal reward can't exist. We can always implement second "ingame only" currency, similar to badges in the past.
    They throw gold at you for breathing. It is no longer anything you claim. Second, if you want something in game, there is specific content you have to do to get it. Yet, the only time people like you whine about it is for flying. If you want it, do the content required to get it regardless of what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I saw no issue with buying it with gold.

Why they need to compromise on a quality of life feature when other devs don't or are very friendly about it is beyond me.
    Well of course you don't. You want everything handed to you. God forbid you actually have to put in an effort to get it. Nope, you want laziness to be rewarded.

yeah i am torn on the token. The old teenager me would love it, play the game you love, pay the sub. But it has also create some problems
    The token was always going to be a double edged sword.

Which is why the FF14 solution is flat out the best. It doesn't timegate you hard but makes you work for it a bit with exploring.

Pathfinder part 1 is barely worth it just for a small ground speed increase. Which again FF14 handled better by letting you get ground speed increases with hunt seals as you can't fly in ARR zones.

But sadly we have the people telling Blizzard taking a core feature and timegating it by nearly a year is ok.

1. Yes I do in most games. Don't speak for me. With WoW however it's hard to appreciate/pay attention because they do such a poor job of telling it these days.

2. Funny because when I fly over zones like The Churning Mists and Yanxia in FF14 I see some pretty badass views that make me realise the zone design team fucking nailed it.

But by all means pretend you speak for people and others. Literally crumbles any debate you brought in so laters.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW token is cool and all but imo it's caused more harm than good.

It's cool to be able to pay your sub with ingame gold. But shit just buy a load and you can legit get carried through Mythics.
    What? Lmao. Crumbles?

I do speak for others. They're too lazy and stupid to realize they're craving a point and click adventure, not an MMO.

I told you. Don't give me that "I appreciate the views" bullshit. You don't. You never have and never will in WoW. Even when you did have flying.
    And even if you do, you still get the same views by travelling to vistas like mountains or tall towers.

Flying was a mistake. Because it created people like you who can't think for themselves and need a big arrow pointing them where to go and a checklist telling them what to do and how to do.

Lack of flying at max level in the launch patch has contributed to the decline of WoW.

But Ion still has a stick up his butt. Hope it was worth losing HALF the company's stock price and 800 jobs. They aren't going to change flying... and even if they did.. it;'s too late. They have cost the game dearly... I don;t think there is a coming back from this.

Hopefully the coming Classic, Classic, TBC, and Classic WotLK will revive the game and give flyers (come BC anyway) what they love about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Lack of flying at max level in the launch patch has contributed to the decline of WoW.

But Ion still has a stick up his butt. Hope it was worth losing HALF the company's stock price and 800 jobs. They aren't going to change flying... and even if they did.. it;'s too late. They have cost the game dearly... I don;t think there is a coming back from this.

Hopefully the coming Classic, Classic, TBC, and Classic WotLK will revive the game and give flyers (come BC anyway) what they love about the game.
    Wow had nothing to do with either the stock price nor the 800 jobs cut. Your whole post is complete nonsense.

The token was always going to be a double edged sword.
    It's not like we wouldn't have gold sellers without it. The main purpose of the token is removing some of the danger from having people deal with shady third parties, since removing the actual issue would be nigh-impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Prove it. And not just that WoW has declined, but that there is a causal link to flying.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    All well an good early on but there has to be a breaking point where the ease of traveling far out ways the traveling time sink. I would say before the first patch the player base has lapped the usefulness of the WQ on multiple toons that the majority of the WQ go untouched. Question becomes would flying cause a spike in players actually engaging in more WQ across multiple toons rather then the nit picking Im sure a lot are doin now..

- - - Updated - - -

You'd have a valid case if Blizzard actually made an attempt at content in the open world instead of rehashed leveling/rare quests.
    If the WQ armor/weapon drops were always 5-10 ilvls higher than your current ilvl, it would keep them relavent, keep the players playing, and would add to the pool of available pug raiders.