Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Flying compromise

Here's a proposed compromise on the flying issue that could potentially satisfy both the community and Ion Hascostus:

Pathfinder pt.1 is available as soon as the expansion launches and unlocks flying, but at 100% speed.
    Pathfinder pt.2 comes in x.1.0 and boosts flying speed to 200%.
    Pathfinder pt.3 comes in x.2.0 and boosts flying speed to 310%.

This way people can stay immersed in the world while not having to fight every minor bump on the road.

Or you just let people pick the form of transportation they like. Have both flying and ground mounts ulocked, you know.
    Maybe just turn it off when PvP is on if you care about that stuff.

I'm fine with waiting until all the exploration is done in a given zone.

I'd much rather just fork over some gold at level 118. Just like we used to do in TBC (lvl 68) and WoTLK (lvl 78). If you don't like flying, then don't fucking buy it. Easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Or you just let people pick the form of transportation they like. Have both flying and ground mounts ulocked, you know.
    The whole purpose is to have people experience the zones before giving them the ability to just fly over all of it.

best compromise make it part of game play.. worried about people just landing in a camp, killing a name mob without fighting into the camp? Give the camp NPC's ability to shoot people out of the air. worried about people flying to high, add fatigue to extreme heights....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Here's a proposed compromise on the flying issue that could potentially satisfy both the community and Ion Hascostus:

Pathfinder pt.1 is available as soon as the expansion launches and unlocks flying, but at 100% speed.
    Pathfinder pt.2 comes in x.1.0 and boosts flying speed to 200%.
    Pathfinder pt.3 comes in x.2.0 and boosts flying speed to 310%.

This way people can stay immersed in the world while not having to fight every minor bump on the road.
    Do you think when you make a post like this? The issue NEVER was about the speed of the flying mounts lol, I'm really curious what your thought process was behind that because it's absolutely illogical to think that way. The real issue is how it trivializes the content, the exploration, the land, and WPvP just because of the ability to fly. Even if it was 50% speed bonus people would use it.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    The whole purpose is to have people experience the zones before giving them the ability to just fly over all of it.
    Thats why they call it leveling, besides by the time Uldir launched the zones themselves were obsolete. Already revered with most, didnt need the currency, ap or the gear by that point so why ground us.....

I have a better idea.

How about they implement this system where we visit a vendor at max level and buy it with gold?

We already HAVE a compromise. If it was up to me, there would be no flying at all, ever again. I actually ENJOY going throught the world, MMo, remember ? For the most part of the expansion, no flying and then later your unlock it when everyone is fed up until then enjoy a LIVING world, in a MMO-RPG. For once I believe Blizzard found the right way to treat this issue for both side.

In FF14, once you beat the main quests in a zone, you can fly in it. Shocking, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeArt View Post
    We already HAVE a compromise. If it was up to me, there would be no flying at all, ever again. I actually ENJOY going throught the world, MMo, remember ? For the most part of the expansion, no flying and then later your unlock it when everyone is fed up until then enjoy a LIVING world, in a MMO-RPG. For once I believe Blizzard found the right way to treat this issue for both side.
    And that's why it's not upto you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    In FF14, once you beat the main quests in a zone, you can fly in it. Shocking, I know.
    Eh not really. You have to go around and find the other 10 Aether currents in the zone as well.

10 are from exploring the zone and the other 5 are from MSQ/sidequests. So 15 in total.

But that's a good system. It encourages you to explore the zone to find said currents.

Do what Final Fantasy XIV does. In FF XIV you have to attune to the weather currents of the zone. This is mixed between some you have to seek out and click, and some you gain through main and side quests. Once all of them is unlocked, you're allowed to fly in that zone.

If it was up to me I wouldn't allow flying in the expansion's zones until the next expansion is out.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeArt View Post
    This. Many don't remember heated discussion between flying and no-flying camps in WoD. Compromise is: no-flying on launch, acount-wide flying few months in. Of course it won't fully satisfy no-flying and flying camps, that's why it's called compromise.

Of course we may discuss details. For example I think 8.2 is too late this time, since patch will probably land 10 months into BfA. Also I think flying should be unlocked step by step, for example in 8.1.5 for Zandalar, 8.2.5 Nazjatar and 8.3.5 Eight-point-threeland. ALSO there is problem what to do with Warmode in flying environment. Overall, it's not simple issue and I don't think they should touch core system (no flying only first few months, achievement for doing world content and flying for whole account once you unlock it).

Is it possible to be flight agnostic on this forum? Or do I have to choose a side and defend it valiantly to the death?

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I'd much rather just fork over some gold at level 118. Just like we used to do in TBC (lvl 68) and WoTLK (lvl 78). If you don't like flying, then don't fucking buy it. Easy fix.
    TBC flying was at 70 and wotlk at 77 (alts could use the heirloom item at 68)

Quote Originally Posted by Etoo View Post
    I'm fine with waiting until all the exploration is done in a given zone.
    I think that has made the most sense and I also had this idea, the only thing I would add is one character of max level as well. That way all of your alts will get flying as well soon as they explore an area entirely. You would just get a five second timer and have a parachute placed on you if you flew into a zone that was not yet explored. Pretty simple I think and far better than the way they gate it currently.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I think that will be the next step, PVP mode on = bonus% and no flying, PVE mode on= Flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    flying speed is not the issue

??

how is this even a "proposed" compromise?