Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They throw gold at you for breathing. It is no longer anything you claim. Second, if you want something in game, there is specific content you have to do to get it. Yet, the only time people like you whine about it is for flying. If you want it, do the content required to get it regardless of what it is.
    That "throwing" is some sort of "balance", needed to prevent gold rewards, especially Wow Tokens, from being exclusive for certain categories of players, such as AH-farmers, raid boost sellers, etc.

And no. There are other example of badly designed exclusive rewards. Just one on a top of my head - MOP dailies for example, where Valor gear was gated behind rep grinds.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2019-02-28 at 04:08 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Lol. There is even quest with "you can't use mount" objective. The torch of strength. So what? It's actually possible to make some quests to be "on a ground only"?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

How would you design a world where you can't skip content due to flying without making everything in caves or indoors?

Same as in TBC, flying enemy NPCs and ground to air missiles. These things could be evaded but it wasn't trivial to do so.

I don't know. I've started to think about it again. I've started to think, that no-flying and Pathfinder - are anti-bot measures. I haven't noticed it before, but after doing some fishing on Draenor I realized, that such ground design just can't be made for REAL humans. Crowds of mobs underwater everywhere? For whom are they made? Isn't it just a waste of server resources? And Pathfinder. Isn't it the best way to prevent botters from obtaining flying on newly created accounts?

So, you are making declarations about an expansion you have never played? How can you possibly know if you ahve never played it?

Also, what exactly have you sacrificed? You accuse everyone else of being unwilling to sacrifice yet you are unwilling to sacrifice at all. YOu don't want a 50/50 compromise. You want it to be 100/0 in your favor. You're a hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy trying to force everyone to play the game his way

And by the way, Flying is not meaningless. You can level up alts, and do all kinds of things. People aren't forced to slog through anything. Only the lazy think they are being forced.
    The only people trying to force others to play the game their way are anti flyers lol. That you lack the self control to not put a flyer on your bar and just stay on the ground isn't people trying to control how you play it's you lacking self control.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    "hEy GuYs iF yoU wAnT thE CoNtENT tO Be MorE diFFiCulT just TAke YOuRR SHoulrders Off LmAO nO self Control"
    Seriously what stops you from staying on a ground mount? Absolutely nothing supposedly you all love the time it takes you to do stuff in the world now so why shorten it? Hell if you want to be a real hardcore player you should probably just rp walk everywhere. Oh that could be the next pathfinder taking away another thing we had for a literal decade you now have to get pathfinder to run in bfa content and then pathfinder extreme to mount up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Seriously what stops you from staying on a ground mount? Absolutely nothing supposedly you all love the time it takes you to do stuff in the world now so why shorten it? Hell if you want to be a real hardcore player you should probably just rp walk everywhere. Oh that could be the next pathfinder taking away another thing we had for a literal decade you now have to get pathfinder to run in bfa content and then pathfinder extreme to mount up.
    Competition. In other words, you not doing the same.

But that's irrelevant since it isn't the main reason for Pathfinder anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    The only people trying to force others to play the game their way are anti flyers lol. That you lack the self control to not put a flyer on your bar and just stay on the ground isn't people trying to control how you play it's you lacking self control.
    True. Maybe Blizzard should give us full 420+ items for 20 gold and say if you dont like it dont use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    If the WQ armor/weapon drops were always 5-10 ilvls higher than your current ilvl, it would keep them relavent, keep the players playing, and would add to the pool of available pug raiders.
    No it would made players quit game.

They throw gold at you for breathing. It is no longer anything you claim. Second, if you want something in game, there is specific content you have to do to get it. Yet, the only time people like you whine about it is for flying. If you want it, do the content required to get it regardless of what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Well of course you don't. You want everything handed to you. God forbid you actually have to put in an effort to get it. Nope, you want laziness to be rewarded.
    Statements like these always come across as pretty stupid. Most of us already earned flying many times over since its introduction back in TBC. People are not asking for something to be handed to them they are asking for something they already earned and paid for time and time again to still be available to them without needless and pointless delays and hurdles that serve no purpose beyond allowing the devs to be lazy in designing content.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Or you just let people pick the form of transportation they like. Have both flying and ground mounts ulocked, you know.
    Maybe just turn it off when PvP is on if you care about that stuff.
    Or they just permanently remove it in all new content, unlocking it for the last expansion when the new one comes out. Thats the best option imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Or they just permanently remove it in all new content, unlocking it for the last expansion when the new one comes out. Thats the best option imo.
    No, why? Flying was one if the features that made WoW stick out. Removing made the game worse in every way.
    It was never an issue for people like you as you obviously liked ground mounts and could always use them. You never had to touch the flying mounts. World content has been pretty much dead for a lot of people since flying was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Flying was a mistake. Because it created people like you who can't think for themselves and need a big arrow pointing them where to go and a checklist telling them what to do and how to do.
    I assume you don't run any mods for raids or use the in game quest helper, or look up boss fights telling you how to do the fight and where to stand? I mean you wouldn't want to be a hypocrite with your nose so high up in the air.

No, why? Flying was one if the features that made WoW stick out. Removing made the game worse in every way.
    It was never an issue for people like you as you obviously liked ground mounts and could always use them. You never had to touch the flying mounts. World content has been pretty much dead for a lot of people since flying was removed.
    I just want to add to this before someones rolls through and trolls out something about how flying just skips content.

One of the main reasons open world content is pretty much dead to people without flying is the convenience. Anyone who says otherwise isn't being honest. But the reason behind that convenience is also a strong feeling of both progression and empowerment. Blizzard's own words state: "Master the ground first, get to fly over it after." Except that there's no feeling of mastery, even after completing everything in the laundry list of tasks required by Pathfinder....mostly because you just don't get to fly. I mean...seriously, WTF?

Players like to feel powerful. Flying does that in a way that almost nothing else in the game provides. Looking down on your foes, choosing when and where to strike. Getting to whatever objective you're after on your own terms.

But another, more realistic aspect to removing flight is that it lets Blizzard get extremely lazy with their open world encounter design. Everything can be cordoned off by low walls and false barriers. Blizzard can make you deal with some truly trivial terrain....and for what? So that the "Kill X" quest you're on takes a few more seconds or minutes?

The lack of flying causes a distinct and noticeable lack of creativity and innovation in the open world. If the art team wasn't absolutely crushing everyone else's efforts, we'd feel this lack VERY quickly. Lets take a moment to really appreciate the art team: You guys....without your colossally badass efforts, WoW would feel completely and utterly soulless. You guys are one of the few bright spots in the game right now.

Bringing flight back into the game is a necessary step to return WoW's open world to any semblance of wonder or interest. But the current Blizzard team for WoW won't do that because the game isn't about being an amazing adventure anymore. It's about generating as much revenue at the cost of literally all other considerations.

Other MMORPGs had flying before WoW was even released.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I just want to add to this before someones rolls through and trolls out something about how flying just skips content.

One of the main reasons open world content is pretty much dead to people without flying is the convenience.
    Except it isn't dead. There's plenty of people running around.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Other MMORPGs had flying before WoW was even released.
    Which ones? Unless you mean EVE Online, which really doesn't count, I can't think of any.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Which ones? Unless you mean EVE Online, which really doesn't count, I can't think of any.
    Anarchy Online definitely had it.

Anarchy Online definitely had it.
    Oldschool! Yep you're totally right.

Except it isn't dead. There's plenty of people running around.
    Did I say "the open world is dead" or did I say "open world content is pretty much dead to people". Context. The "people" being those that want to enjoy flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I assume you don't run any mods for raids or use the in game quest helper, or look up boss fights telling you how to do the fight and where to stand? I mean you wouldn't want to be a hypocrite with your nose so high up in the air.
    Just becouse you use something doesnt mean you approve it. I hate LFR yet i still use it. I hate flying mounts yet i still use them. I hate warfronts yet i still use it. I use it becouse i can no becouse i want. And even when i use it i am still aware of all bad stuff this features brings into the game. You should seriously take some lessons on game desing and how players think. You can start with path of least resistance. Thats really good topic for start when comes to game desing.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-02-28 at 09:06 PM.