Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pingowtf View Post
    You and I think alike! I too did raid with full Magister's on my mage! =D I mean, the 8-piece set bonus being +8 resist all - how can you argue against that kind of versatility??
    Close, but no cigar. I definitely did not raid in full Magister's. I started PvP'ing around the time I finished my many months of dungeon running. So I did not raid with full Magister's, but PvP'ed instead, until I got to rank 10 and got the Blue PvP set. And then I got the epic set too for dinging rank 14. Due to that epic set being up to par if not better than BWL gear, it got me into a top guild of the server at the time. Though yeah, all those months of running 5-man dungeons to get full Magister's and Argent Dawn rep helped me, because without that PvE experience, I probably wouldn't have been successful in raids.

5+ Year Old Account
    You and I think alike! I too did raid with full Magister's on my mage! =D I mean, the 8-piece set bonus being +8 resist all - how can you argue against that kind of versatility??
    I definitely had a best in slot list as a DPS warrior and none of it was T1 or T2.

Quote Originally Posted by Whistl3r View Post
    I definitely had a best in slot list as a DPS warrior and none of it was T1 or T2.
    The T1 and T2 were tanking gear, right? Obviously DPS warriors weren't going for that. The best DPS warriors were also rank 14 and could benefit from the best 1-handers in the game pre-Naxx. I think a lot of people back in the day used spreadsheets too. This way, you could measure how certain pieces went well together, rather than following a list blindly.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also one thing. Getting the Magister's Boots was the hardest piece to get, because although it is in Stratholme, you really had to ask groups to go out of the way to get it. It wasn't exactly on the path to Baron Rivendare. And it wasn't exactly on the path to the Live side. The Postmaster dropped it (I think this was later changed). NOBODY except mages wanted to do the Postmaster ever. This is due to the Postmaster not dropping anything interesting except Magister's Boots. People tended to be selfish even back then, and didn't want to help someone out.

Though it did drop for me eventually, and I won the roll. I was really happy. I knew the other mage as well that lost the roll against me, and I'm not sure if she ever got them. It was usually the last piece mages would get if they were going for the entire set (unless your server had decent people to do Postmaster all the time and were lucky to get it immediately). Come Classic WoW, I'm not sure if that boots is going to drop from the Postmaster, but if I'm tanking, I'll certainly help the mages out if they want those boots, because I've been on the other end and I know the pain. xD

Not to mention, it would be a nice nostalgia to see those boots drop again and reminisce about the time I got them... xD

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    The T1 and T2 were tanking gear, right? Obviously DPS warriors weren't going for that. The best DPS warriors were also rank 14 and could benefit from the best 1-handers in the game pre-Naxx. I think a lot of people back in the day used spreadsheets too. This way, you could measure how certain pieces went well together, rather than following a list blindly.

- - - Updated - - -
    I think the real spreadsheets made by Landsoul ,who even got a peice named after him https://www.wowhead.com/item=50712/l...rned-greathelm were not really used much until TBC. It's so hard to remember after all these years

Just took a look at the list, and correct me if I’m wrong, but Lionheart Helm only drops off raid bosses. ClassicDB has a couple guys in UBRS with a .02% drop rate but that seems like an error on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Robmox View Post
    Just took a look at the list, and correct me if I’m wrong, but Lionheart Helm only drops off raid bosses. ClassicDB has a couple guys in UBRS with a .02% drop rate but that seems like an error on their part.
    The plans for Lionheart helm were a raid boss drop IIRC, happy to stand corrected if anyone recalls the plans dropping from max-level dungeons such as UBRS ect.

Continued to go through the tank gear. Odd that Savage Gladiator Chain is listed. I offer you these alternatives:

Ornate Adamantium Breastplate (quest In Dreams) (10 Defense)
    Enchanted Thoroum Breastplate (crafted) (9 Defense) (added in patch 1.11)
    Deathbone Chestplate (various Scholo) (17 defense) (added in patch 1.11)

I’m going to assume that the “progressive itemization” from the blue posts refers to these blues added in 1.11, which is why Ornate Adamantium Breastplate is listed first.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    The plans for Lionheart helm were a raid boss drop IIRC, happy to stand corrected if anyone recalls the plans dropping from max-level dungeons such as UBRS ect.
    You're correct, the plans is a raid boss drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Continued to go through the tank gear. Odd that Savage Gladiator Chain is listed. I offer you these alternatives:

Ornate Adamantium Breastplate (quest In Dreams) (10 Defense)
    Enchanted Thoroum Breastplate (crafted) (9 Defense) (added in patch 1.11)
    Deathbone Chestplate (various Scholo) (17 defense) (added in patch 1.11)

I’m going to assume that the “progressive itemization” from the blue posts refers to these blues added in 1.11, which is why Ornate Adamantium Breastplate is listed first.
    Savage Gladiator Chain is by far supeirour to all pieces dues to that huge clunch of defense, how ever I will update it to be Wrath in 1.10 instead. Thanks for pointing it out. In 1.10 Savage Gladiator Chain is reworked and has no defense at all: https://itemization.github.io/all/ar...ain-11726.html

As for the two items you listed second and last are undoubtedly not close to being as good as Dreadnaught.

My apology, I was looking at the later Savage Gladiator. Though given its patch history, I’m more enclosed to believe we’ll get the post-nerf version. Dreadnaughts, on the other hand doesn’t apply when talking about pre-raid items.

My apology, I was looking at the later Savage Gladiator. Though given its patch history, I’m more enclosed to believe we’ll get the post-nerf version. Dreadnaughts, on the other hand doesn’t apply when talking about pre-raid items.
    No, it doesn't. But at the time the items you suggested were released Naxxramas is also released.
    However, I am planning a pre-raid for each stage. Exam period at school atm, busy busy!

Hmmm, looking at this spreadsheet, I was wondering why Enarmored Water Spirit isn't on the trinket list for Shamans. Depending on your party configuration and the length of the fight, it should beat out Mindtap talisman, I would imagine.

How do you calculate the un-tangible stats like tier set bonuses that might offer utility that can indirectly increase DPS? Example, Lock T2 20% threat reduction on destruction spells (SB) seems reasonably powerful. Locks are known to have TPS issues in BWL so how have you determined that more +hit or SP is just better? Lock T2.5 has 15% reduction of mana cost on SB, exactly how many GCDs will that free up if I don't have to Tap as often? Wouldn't you need to know fight lengths to calculate this type of stuff?
    Last edited by Morbownz; 2019-03-24 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    No Retribution paladin list
    Just copy the warrior one and you're more or less on point, the thing is that paladins are 95/100 times going to be healers in any sort of proper raid. Same goes for Druids, Shamans and Priests.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Ye, I guess it would depend on the group setup. But with windfury in mind, the shaman is most likely to end up in a melee group, hence Mindtap Talisman being the better choice - 396 mana compared to 324 over 3 mins.

edit: Just did a checkup on Enamored Water Spirit as well - it wasn't added until the AQ patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Afaik, a lock doesn't even use tap when nuking, it's enough to use pots and runes on cooldown. Aiming for 8/8 Nemesis to get that threat reduction makes you lose too much DPS. With a good tank and with a shaman in the group, the locks are fine and should go all out damage, rather than holding back.
    Last edited by pingowtf; 2019-03-24 at 07:19 PM.

Just wondering for the fury pre-raid BiS, am I missing something with Breastplate of Bloodthirst or isn't Cadaverous Armor just straight up better?

You're trading 76ap & 0.4% crit from Cadaverous Armor for Bloodthirst's 26ap & 2% crit, is 1.6% crit worth more than 50ap? (I'm not knowledgable in vanilla simcraft / stat weights so if this is the case then fair enough).

You're probably right... I'll look it up!

edit: I stand corrected. Cadaverous is definetly better. Thanks for pointing it out!
    Last edited by pingowtf; 2019-03-26 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Just copy the warrior one and you're more or less on point, the thing is that paladins are 95/100 times going to be healers in any sort of proper raid. Same goes for Druids, Shamans and Priests.
    Ret use different stats than warriors tho.

Afaik they don't. It's more or less identical to warriors in vanilla. A few items may vary, sure but over all it's identical.

- - - Updated - - -

I stand corrected. Cadaverous is definetly better. Thanks for pointing it out!

Appreciate the effort even if there are some questionable item for hunters.

I will suggest Dhralla Guide or The Arrow And You by Cruzix or https://vgprophecy.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2530665

- - - Updated - - -

11% Hit Rating, too much you need 9% for cap

Swap Warmonger with Peacemaker and if Accurascope is avaiable use it for +3 HIT then SWAP Truestrike Shoulders with Wyrmtongue and for godsake CARAPACE SPINE XBOW > Dwarf Cannon

You're probably right... I'll look it up!

edit: I stand corrected. Cadaverous is definetly better. Thanks for pointing it out!
    No worries, going back into Classic WoW this will be a learning experience for me too since I was one of the many who had no idea what they were doing back in 2006 vanilla