Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone considering stopping/twinking at the 50-59 bracket if youre still new/alts?

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...elow_level_60/

kills give full honor.
    objectives give 95% honor.
    turn ins give the same as 60s.

Nobody has 100% mounts.
    Nobody has 3 months worth of mc/ony gear.
    Nobody even has enchants most likely.
    Nobodys gonna premade at that bracket.

People have hit rank 13+ on fake servers at 59 to avoid the politics and other stuff at the 60s. My new alt mage which I want to swap over will be woefully unprepared to fight people in BGs so im considering sticking it here till rank 10.

Seems like a solid idea.
    Personally i havent thought about it, but isnt AV 51-60?

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    Seems like a solid idea.
    yes, but youll stick to WSG since thats where the mucho honor is.

You can't 1 man army anything even as a fully decked warlock/mage with engineering but Id say you can make a big impact on your win rate and at least you wont fight ultra geared people and hardcore rankers premading or even solo rankers with like 5000 grenades and engineering trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post

You can't 1 man army anything even as a fully decked warlock/mage with engineering but Id say you can make a big impact on your win rate and at least you wont fight ultra geared people and hardcore rankers premading or even solo rankers with like 5000 grenades and engineering trinkets.
    You act like grenades and engineering trinkets are some uber try-hard tactics lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    You act like grenades and engineering trinkets are some uber try-hard tactics lol
    They kinda are, who even uses them outside of tryharding pvpers

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    Seems like a solid idea.

AV gives experience too doesnt it? Kindof problematic for a twink.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    AV gives experience too doesnt it? Kindof problematic for a twink.
    Only the NPC goats/kobolds in the mines gave exp if I recall, otherwise you can just defend in your own base (if faction npcs gave exp).

WSG gives nothing

Having a profession and using that profession is now try-hard. Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engi is useful in PvE, too. I don't have it right now, but am hoping to switch to it in the future. But yeah, the bombs, trinkets and grenades are so damn good for PvP, though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Engi is useful in PvE, too. I don't have it right now, but am hoping to switch to it in the future. But yeah, the bombs, trinkets and grenades are so damn good for PvP, though.
    Agreed. There is plenty of use for bombs, grenades, sappers, cloaking devices, arcanite dragonling, battle chicken, rocket boots etc in Raids, especially AQ and Naxx.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Leveling all the way to 59 and then pvping forever and not hitting 60 sounds awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    Having a profession and using that profession is now try-hard. Interesting.
    Yes, taking the biggest gold sink profession for the sole purpose of winning a few more 1v1s; and carrying almost an entire bags worth of situational engineering trinkets and gear for those moments when it will be useful is basically as tryhard as you can play Classic.

Except for those who take it for the 0.1% DPS increase in PvE.

That said I'm completely uninterested in a semantic argument about what "tryhard" means, so by all means pretend that every casual that queues for BGs does all this stuff as standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

you'd probably demolish BGs as a 59 twink if you geared yourself in BiS

Thank u for this post I acctualy have a 59 Hunter and been struggling to get the last level. Reading this I said fuck it im gonna stay at 59 for BGs

So what is the difference between your inevitable BiS-ing in the 50-59 bracket against undergeared lowbies, and using engineering to gain a competitive advantage in end game pvp?

Some people might say (subjectively) both could be considered tryhardy?

I can understand not wanting to go up against PvE geared peeps as a pure PvP focussed player. But at the end of the day if you're BiSing in the 59 bracket you're mostly shooting fish in a barrel (other than the few other 59 twinks that may be on the opposing team)

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...elow_level_60/

kills give full honor.
    objectives give 95% honor.
    turn ins give the same as 60s.

Nobody has 100% mounts.
    Nobody has 3 months worth of mc/ony gear.
    Nobody even has enchants most likely.
    Nobodys gonna premade at that bracket.

People have hit rank 13+ on fake servers at 59 to avoid the politics and other stuff at the 60s. My new alt mage which I want to swap over will be woefully unprepared to fight people in BGs so im considering sticking it here till rank 10.
    No. You are the only one
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    so we're back to the point of twinking being roflstomping undergeared lowbies.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Leveling all the way to 59 and then pvping forever and not hitting 60 sounds awful.
    Considering classics vast content spread of nothing, nothing and nothing it seems fine to me. Especially if you did the raiding scene the original go around, the idea of going back and doing weekly MC and BWL is sincerely nauseating.

I could be wrong, but I do remember Ranks being capped at around 6 or 7 before level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so we're back to the point of twinking being roflstomping undergeared lowbies.
    Not against twinking or eng, I accept that it's part of the game. Just saying those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones (ie. calling out pvpers who use eng being tryhards when they're blind to the fact they'll basically be using a similar strategy to gain an advantage against the less well prepared)