Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #161
    Legendary! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    6,042
    they are trying to max profit, doing less to gain more, this just not working, doing less made them earn less
    the 'decline' in quality took a reverse direction during legion, but legion came because they sh8t upon WoD, ignoring it for its entire existence, with selfie patch and a raid delayed since beta
    while i hate BFA, it is nowhere near WoS status, they are still working in it, so doubt next exp will be legion quantity
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    they are trying to max profit, doing less to gain more, this just not working, doing less made them earn less
    Dont believe to be the case.
    WoW is getting decent updates. They are spending money on the game as far as i can see.

    You could argue the "quality" of said content is not for you.

    But i think is more a matter of lack of imagination on Blizzards part...coupled with a change in target audience...and constant catering to the lowest common denominator.

    At least thats what i think.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    No, I think they just somehow believe that more accessibility = more money. We've sacrificed much on the altar of accessibility but I don't believe (and would refuse to believe) that it actually kept people subscribed and pulled new people in.
    Because reality proved them true. WoW became the largest MMORPG of the time because of accessibility, and any attempt to make things less accessible went pear-shaped quickly.

    Belief is not a good basis for economic decisions.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Dont believe to be the case.
    WoW is getting decent updates. They are spending money on the game as far as i can see.

    You could argue the "quality" of said content is not for you.

    But i think is more a matter of lack of imagination on Blizzards part...coupled with a change in target audience...and constant catering to the lowest common denominator.

    At least thats what i think.
    Don't be fooled, both 8.1 and 8.1.5 were cut content at launch to be funneled back in. As for the patches, 8.1 was defiantely not decent, it was a glorified bug/system fix with a shallow experience thrown in with a raid that was held off on for another 6 weeks to spread the content out..

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because reality proved them true. WoW became the largest MMORPG of the time because of accessibility, and any attempt to make things less accessible went pear-shaped quickly.

    Belief is not a good basis for economic decisions.
    But your argument falls flat when the less accessibe expansions were the one with the most subscribers :S

    I mean, sure Vanilla was more accessible than the rest of the MMORPGs on the market.

    But Vanilla compared to today...was ruthless and unforgiving to casuals.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Don't be fooled, both 8.1 and 8.1.5 were cut content at launch to be funneled back in. As for the patches, 8.1 was defiantely not decent, it was a glorified bug/system fix with a shallow experience thrown in with a raid that was held off on for another 6 weeks to spread the content out..
    Humm, ok, maybe.
    But 8.2 looks promissing.
    Last edited by Togabito; 2019-02-23 at 04:18 AM.

  6. #166
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    27,323
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Don't be fooled, both 8.1 and 8.1.5 were cut content at launch to be funneled back in.
    Is this something you know for a certainty with a verified source or just forum bubble babble?
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

    To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

  7. #167
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Ashenvale.
    Posts
    599
    Not intentionally I think they are just caught in a dev echo chamber and don't really understand their audience, or what audience they want to focus on so it ends up being a mishmash of all and it doesn't really satisfy anyone. So either too many or too little cooks in the kitchen.

  8. #168
    I am Murloc! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    5,455
    Yes.

    More quantity of content, but lower quality content.

    Trying to maximize profit with minimal effort put in.

  9. #169
    I used to think it was a case of them thinking "okay we got these players locked in, now to change direction to catch another audience, thats two paying audiences!" but after the whole "most of our devs play mobile games" and the mobage style mechanics of BfA it looks more like this is legitimately what they think makes a good game because they are mobile gamers and their design no longer comes from rpgs. Which i guess is Blizzard just being out of touch with their audience i guess?
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  10. #170
    Obviously not intentionally, but let's be honest here, they tried to "innovate" again and they failed. Skill pruning, warfronts, azerite, island expedition all sucks. They made the world, dungeons, raid good again so it still carries the game somewhat, sadly all other content is just really bad at the time, so even though there are tons of content to do, they are just as bad as if there weren't any. I see no reason to login other than do mythic+ weekly, raid 2 times, because the repeatable content is just so lackluster. They will probably fix things by the end of expansion, it is just kinda sad to see this happening again. When I came back to later into the expansion in Legion I had the most fun playing WoW in years, then they took away the good things, and gave us new but really unpolished or straight up boring things.
    Last edited by Dizson; 2019-02-23 at 11:27 AM.

  11. #171
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    9,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    Obviously not intentionally, but let's be honest here, they tried to "innovate" again and they failed. Skill pruning, warfronts, azerite, island expedition all sucks. They made the world, dungeons, raid good again so it still carries the game somewhat, sadly all other content is just really bad at the time, so even though there are tons of content to do, they are just as bad as if there weren't any. I see no reason to login other than do mythic+ weekly, raid 2 times, because the repeatable content is just so lackluster. They will probably fix things by the end of expansion, it is just kinda sad to see this happening again. When I came back to later into the expansion in Legion I had the most fun playing WoW in years, then they took away the good things, and gave us new but really unpolished or straight up boring things.
    Azerite doesn't suck, it's literally just artifact power. That said, they took all the good parts out of artifacts when they made the Azerite armor.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Azerite doesn't suck, it's literally just artifact power. That said, they took all the good parts out of artifacts when they made the Azerite armor.
    It's not just literally artifact power, when yourself said that it is less. Simple answer: Unlocking Artifact Power was fun and rewarding, made the gameplay better and your character actually evolved, how you unlocked them mattered early in mythic+ or raid, unlocking Azerite is boring, all the traits just add raw bonus hp or dmg, like what the fuck, there is actually no choice on what to unlock, because the other trait is absolutely shit on top of the RNG on what you get, and they add nothing meaningful to the gameplay, not even cool effects, and before everyone forgets Artifact Power actually gave you new skills to play with.
    Last edited by Dizson; 2019-02-23 at 11:35 AM.

  13. #173
    Legendary! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    6,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Dont believe to be the case.
    WoW is getting decent updates. They are spending money on the game as far as i can see.

    You could argue the "quality" of said content is not for you.

    But i think is more a matter of lack of imagination on Blizzards part...coupled with a change in target audience...and constant catering to the lowest common denominator.

    At least thats what i think.
    they are doing good job, but start of exp is one of worst if not worst i can think off in all exps
    even WoS started strong the problem was it didn't get any update
    Not sure if i said that here or in another thread but i did say they didn't drop patches like WoS and are still working on wow, the problem was initial dmg - as always - did lot of harm, like how MoP early days were sh8t that it ruined the game for many, even if MoP had very solid steady of content (still has sh8t story, but we talk gameplay here)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Don't worry, that guy will pull a strawman about how you actually didn't let it go since you are posting in MMOC.
    Am I lying? Is he still posting here? You are still posting here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    He seems incapable of a honest discussion.
    Many people here are not interested in an honest discussion with the type of post being made. You seems to think you are above of this and yet you make this post. You are no different to me and many others who post.

    The only difference is you hate the game and others don't.

  15. #175
    Stood in the Fire Pakheth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    They're intentionally using 2 separate development teams to be able to work on multiple expansions at once. Note: I said development teams not entire teams.

    That being said, one team is able to produce good expansions (with some flaws) like legion and mop, while the other team produces expansions like wod and bfa.

    The a team finds new and good stuff, while the b team takes what the a team has made, and changes it to the worse.
    This.

    It would not be feasible to have the same team do expansions back to back. It would cause fatigue and even quicker decline.

  16. #176
    No.
    However their goal has shifted from making good games to making as much money as possible, so, yea. You can say it's intentional.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

  17. #177
    The Lightbringer Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    The only difference is you hate the game and others don't.
    The only difference is that you are so blinded by your fanboyism that you cannot possibly think that there might be, perhaps, some legitimate reasons to criticize the game in its current state. It's all a matter of perspective
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Thrall will humblebrag about how he doesn't want it [to be Warchief].
    Saurfang'll probably die or say he's 'too tired'.
    Baine will gasp for air as he plops Anduin's boot out of his mouth and say 'I'll be High King of the Horde!'.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    No.
    However their goal has shifted from making good games to making as much money as possible, so, yea. You can say it's intentional.
    Agreed here. WoW is largely "bad" due to corporate influences. Design quality and creativity have gone down due to this. There is probably an element of developer related issues as well (e.g. possible lack of skill etc). However, developer inspiration is probably directly or indirectly linked to corporate interference (i.e. the team is probably not too enthused or excited when all that gets pushed down their throat is the bottom line).

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Sorry, hunnybunz, you diminished the entertainment product (which, by the way, happens to work in a continuity and creates attachment by design and/or by choice of the consumer, it's not just a game with fixed hours of playing) to something simple as a "fucking game".
    But i bet the burger analogy triggered ya more... didn't it sir BEEF? )
    Nope, not triggered snowflake. Happily enjoying playing WoW in my retirement.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    But your argument falls flat when the less accessibe expansions were the one with the most subscribers :S

    I mean, sure Vanilla was more accessible than the rest of the MMORPGs on the market.

    But Vanilla compared to today...was ruthless and unforgiving to casuals.
    It doesn't, due to the second half. That WoW has less subs now is unrelated, and i've come to the conclusion that it is actually a function of time almost exclusively.
    Long term sub development is essentially a textbook product life cycle. Unless they purposely kill the game, it will continue it's current course.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •