Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Okay, I get it; they're supposed to be big, burly "strongman" types.

But fact is, Kul Tiran males look fucking *ridiculous* from a side angle:

https://i.imgur.com/XCt0HdX.jpg

It just fucks with their silhouette too much. Not only are their bellies MASSIVE, but it looks almost like they're trying to sneak a basketball under their shirt, it looks freaking awkward as hell.

Couple that with the insane texture-stretching, and you've got a problem. It's no secret that "armor" is just textures being placed over your character's body, but here, it seems to highlight that to such an extreme, it looks more like body-paint than even presenting the ILLUSION of wearing "armor".

Keep them "big", husky, whatever, but just tone down their gut A LITTLE BIT, please Blizz? If they weren't SO fat, I can see where they would cut a little more intimidating frame. You wouldn't even have to change their skin textures, as they can remain "well-padded". Just don't go *so* extreme with their weight. Like I said, in its current state, it just looks ridiculous, especially when wearing armor. Toning it down just a bit would do WONDERS towards making them actually seem even remotely "cool".

Extra points for bumping their shoulder-size up just a bit, and increasing the size of Belt "ornaments". Oh, and I would really dig some additional Hair and Beard styles, maybe more "viking" styles? After all; we're clearly not getting Vrykul at this point, so at least having a couple of full beards and braided hair/beard styles would be excellent (while also fitting the naval theme of the race, bordering more on "Pirate").
    Oh come on, they are meant to be big burly strong menn, burly being that they aren't some chistled out block of stone. Fucking about time that we see other models diverting from the basic stick.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh come on, they are meant to be big burly strong menn, burly being that they aren't some chistled out block of stone. Fucking about time that we see other models diverting from the basic stick.
    That doesnt mean their armor should be deformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Problem with Kul Tirans is not that they are fat. Its that the armor is deformed because of them being fat since its all textures painted on a model.
    EXACTLY!!! I'm not asking the "change" the Kul Tirans, just *fix* them. Their stomachs are *SO* round, it just distorts their silhouette and how armor looks on them.

Just a super minor adjustment, and they would look great.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesnt mean their armor should be deformed.
    Well, the OP chose old armor for a reason I guess. For the racial armor and newer ones doesn't look at stretched.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    And you're still the one getting mad over a video game not perfectly catering to you in every way
    Yeah, because I want a new race that won't be a fat shit or reskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Yeah, because I want a new race that won't be a fat shit or reskin.
    We had plenty of those already. Yet you still get agitated over the few exceptions.

Well, the OP chose old armor for a reason I guess. For the racial armor and newer ones doesn't look at stretched.
    How is the new one different, sure there are some 3d assets to cover it but its still obvious from the profile.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think they look ridiculous and kind of dumb overall on both sexes but I have to admit those full armored shots were crazy intimidating!

10+ Year Old Account
    How is the new one different, sure there are some 3d assets to cover it but its still obvious from the profile.
    Doesn't look as stretched, old armors vs. newer. Hence OP specifically picked an old model because it looks more extreme.

Doesn't look as stretched, old armors vs. newer. Hence OP specifically picked an old model because it looks more extreme.
    It cant look less stretched, since its still the same technique, armor skin stretched over the model.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    so mmoc says vulpera will be an allied race, anyone know if that:s comfirmed?
    Why would a race on horde territory where the entire lore of the zone is about the horde helping the vulpera, make them even remotely eligible as an alliance race?

10+ Year Old Account
    It cant look less stretched, since its still the same technique, armor skin stretched over the model.

Yes, same method but doesn't look as bad. Even so, these are just without any 3D enhancements, even at so, still doesn't look that bad. And no, there aren't really ways to fix it without changing something completely away from the original.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Why would a race on horde territory where the entire lore of the zone is about the horde helping the vulpera, make them even remotely eligible as an alliance race?
    Allied race, not Alliance race, I believe the user means.

They need to make a race that is just a giant fucking baby for half of the people in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We had plenty of those already. Yet you still get agitated over the few exceptions.
    Plenty? No new race since MoP and MoP offered fat pandas so more like nothing since Cata. I don't count allied race reskins and remodels. KT are at least unique and wasted on fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babberton View Post
    So Kul Tirans should be able to easily pull +500 kilo haha
    I'd say considering their size and the canonical strength of humans in the Warcraft universe they'd be able to pull significantly more than that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

That's terrible reasoning. Comparing video games which are played by millions, probably billions to some fat gay bear or whatever fetish.
    Sorry Charlie, normal means a majority of humans do it. Even if a billion weirdos play video games, 6 billion normal humans don't. That's the problem with using your fallacies, they are not based on any reality, only your subjective opinion. As far as your talk about fetishes, those, like yourself, with thin man fetishes are not ostracized by our community, you should not belittle others for their own fetishes in kind.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Plenty? No new race since MoP and MoP offered fat pandas so more like nothing since Cata. I don't count allied race reskins and remodels. KT are at least unique and wasted on fat.
    They're not the first race with a unique model and they won't be the last. You're still getting worked up over the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    As a very large man with a very large belly myself, I can tell you that it "does really work". You may not like the look of it, and that is certainly a valid opinion. But my Kul Tirans belly will be smaller than mine IRL.

It's not unrealistic, just maybe not your thing?
    It works, but not when the Blizzard devs are lazy and won't add in a better system for equipment.

It's why I won't play Pandarens anymore. The armor just stretches to fit them and it looks terrible.

If Blizzard is going to create a race with a big model, they need to make all the armor custom fit to their body instead of stretching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    It works, but not when the Blizzard devs are lazy and won't add in a better system for equipment.

It's why I won't play Pandarens anymore. The armor just stretches to fit them and it looks terrible.

If Blizzard is going to create a race with a big model, they need to make all the armor custom fit to their body instead of stretching.
    To be perfectly honest and fair to Blizzard a lot of old textures look appalling even on the smaller examples of new models.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Sorry Charlie, normal means a majority of humans do it. Even if a billion weirdos play video games, 6 billion normal humans don't. That's the problem with using your fallacies, they are not based on any reality, only your subjective opinion. As far as your talk about fetishes, those, like yourself, with thin man fetishes are not ostracized by our community, you should not belittle others for their own fetishes in kind.
    So people riding horses are weirddos? Check yourself, mate. That's not what normal means. You don't ven know what fallacy is. Thin body is healthy. Fat one is not. Take a look into formal logic but first visit psychotherapist.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They're not the first race with a unique model and they won't be the last. You're still getting worked up over the exceptions.
    But it is still wasted option on few deviants. I don't want to wait hell knos how long.