Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    I too play a fire mage & I am also being embarrassed by its low DPS in raids. (ilvl 390).

While everyone else is posting double digit DPS figures in BOD, there is my DPS of 8-9 k showing to everyone on Skada/Recount.

I only feel ok when I am running with my guild .

And when the guild invites a Pug they sometimes comment on my fire mages low DPS. "Can we replace that DPS".
    But my guild wont allow that to happen & will kick the pug if they keep that comment up.

On the other hand, Fire Mages are kicking butt in PVP..
    And I usually average 3-4 killing blows in random BGs.
    It is usually down to one spell. GREATER PYROBLAST. what a killer.. can take an enemies health down by half.

If Blizzard allowed Fire Mages to use Greater Pyroblast in raids.. wouldn't that be nice..

But you are correct OP.. at the moment in raids , I intellect buff.. provide a table & sometimes spellsteal
    That's what I feel are my main abilities in raids are at the moment .
    If you run WoW Analyzer you'll see your discrepancies and why you're doing 9k....imo leniency in a guild when you're constantly doing low dps is bad....don't start blaming the pug for picking up on it and saying something to your guild, truth hurts....you should always strive to play your best for your guild....

mages are in serious need of help/buffs. My 390 alt Loc can beat 410+ mages in groups, its pretty imbalanced

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    mages are in serious need of help/buffs. My 390 alt Loc can beat 410+ mages in groups, its pretty imbalanced
    Mages are just rekt. There's literally no reason to take a mage to M+. Even our slow utility has been nerfed. I'm a relatively high io mage, 2600, but I'm continuously feeling like our group would be better served by a different class. It feels like I'm working twice as hard to keep up with damage, and I'm not even keeping up. It's just completely ridiculous. The sims aren't an accurate representation of class effectiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cockaroo View Post
    Mages are just rekt. There's literally no reason to take a mage to M+. Even our slow utility has been nerfed. I'm a relatively high io mage, 2600, but I'm continuously feeling like our group would be better served by a different class. It feels like I'm working twice as hard to keep up with damage, and I'm not even keeping up. It's just completely ridiculous. The sims aren't an accurate representation of class effectiveness.
    My gear is good enough that on boss fights i'm usually comparable with the rest of the dps, but on the rest of the instance it seems that every other class has so much better aoe than even frost mages.

Seeing classes with 65%+ of their damage in the instance done by one aoe ability alone while they also do extremely well on single target is just ridiculous. To match their aoe output i'd have to deliberately spec into aoe talents which drastically nerf my single target.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Most M+ teams contain rogue,dh,warr tank, druid/monk healer, 5th one might aswell be another melee, demo lock or ele shaman, atleast thats how i see it at 13-15 keys i run, I still do decent on my mage but I feel, unless I play frost, other 2 speccs are just lower damage and considerably lower utility compared to frost.

On trash I do fine but single target not that great, I play splitting ice, I just like it's consistency across the dungeon compared to commet storm, probably why my single target is not that good, also using splitting ice I'll pet nova shatter glacial spikes and i dont have to worry having a nova up everytime i would want to comet storm.

I only wish for some better/new or buffed talents or some changes to the Freezing Rain/Splitting Ice/Comet Storm and Thermal Void, Ice Ray, Glacial Spike rows, especially Thermal Void, Ice Ray I find them sooo boring and very weak in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock20 View Post
    Now you know how the rest of us feel when it's mages are always on top. I agree, it sucks that there is a big difference between the top 25% of classes to the rest, but I don't see that changing. Either reroll, or stick to your guns and do less.
    It has been a pretty long time since that was a thing. If anything it has been world of warlockcraft for 2 to 3 years. They stumbled a bit in EN and haven't looked back since.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Mirror Image should be the WOTLK version of Mirror Image-- a threat dump that summons three tanky illusions so you can solo beefy lads. Trying to turn it into a legitimate damage CD was a poor idea.
    With invis and IB how many more threat dumps do you really need?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

So mages are back in the TBC era for dps...glad i stopped playing again...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    It has been a pretty long time since that was a thing. If anything it has been world of warlockcraft for 2 to 3 years. They stumbled a bit in EN and haven't looked back since.

- - - Updated - - -

With invis and IB how many more threat dumps do you really need?
    IB isn't a threat dump.

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    I'm trying to find the best way to say this .... but if you're doing 8-9k dps at 390 ilevel, it's not the class, it's you.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...et=7&boss=2263
    Choosing Grong Heroic because it's mostly single target so you can't really pad on adds.
    He is still better than the top 140 ( 7.9k dps), top 150 is on 4k dps lol. So he is at worst average, but not a bad player like you want to infer..

Mages utility come from their imunities too. People forget too easily entire tiers like tomb of SOAKgeras where mages and rogues were the only thing brought to high end bosses.

They shifted the design away from soaking everything with imunities.

As for dps, lots of specs could do with a 5~10% buff, not only mages, but blizzard barelly touches class balance mid expac.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    So mages are back in the TBC era for dps...glad i stopped playing again...

- - - Updated - - -

IB isn't a threat dump.
    It stops the incoming damage and can be used for a quick second to either let your threat drop naturally or let the tank gather things back up. MI wasn't a threat dump either if you really want to get nit picky, the mirrors just jumped ahead of you on most targets while they were alive, your threat didn't change in some cases they didn't even jump ahead of you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    He is still better than the top 140 ( 7.9k dps), top 150 is on 4k dps lol. So he is at worst average, but not a bad player like you want to infer..
    That list has only 153 fire logs in that level. If he's only better than the top 140 .... I don't know what to tell you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much every class can already do what we can do better. Not sure why there is so much disparity between us and warlocks, even on 2 targets, these other classes can do it better than us. Just not sure why Blizz thinks it's a good idea to have so much damage disparity between classes. I wish they would give frost a boost and rework fire so it is fun and viable again. We need to get more representation on the mage side of things. I had to re-roll this tier to warlock because of the poor damage. I would rather play mage. Hopefully they will do something soon, but it doesn't look likely.
    Warlocks cant iceblock to just right out skip mechanics
    warlocks cant blink/shimmer to just ignore entire mechanics/ move insanerly quickly
    warlocks dont have polymorph
    warlocks dont have time warp, or yes, the intellect buff

- - - Updated - - -

"I have a 2600 raider IO, but nah mages are shit, warlocks are far better."
    i also call bullshit you are 2600 rating, that puts you in top 45 in the world
    also its funny you say that, because there is only 22 warlocks over 2600 rating, but there is 45 mages over 2600 rating...

so maybe... just maybe... your bad?

dk 23 over 2600
    Dh 102
    druid 175
    Hunter 23
    MAGE 45
    monk 49
    paladin 28
    priest 20
    rogue 180
    shaman 26
    warlock 22
    warrior 103

so nah it seems like mages are pretty middle of the pack, not high up there like warrior, druid, DH, or rogue. but above hunter, dk, paladin, priest, warlock, and shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Warlocks cant iceblock to just right out skip mechanics
    warlocks cant blink/shimmer to just ignore entire mechanics/ move insanerly quickly
    warlocks dont have polymorph
    warlocks dont have time warp, or yes, the intellect buff
    ?
    Warlocks have higher resistance to damage than mages, they don't need to care about most mechanics as much as a mage does.
    Warlocks have demonic circle.
    Warlocks have stuns.
    Warlocks have healthstone, arguably one of the most important raid utilities in the game.
    Warlocks have gateway.

I don't know what your point was, yes you don't have the same raid utility as mages, you have better raid utility.

Mage is always OP stop crying

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    When were mages always on top? WoD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    ?
    Warlocks have higher resistance to damage than mages, they don't need to care about most mechanics as much as a mage does.
    Warlocks have stuns.
    Warlocks have healthstone, arguably one of the most important raid utilities in the game.
    Warlocks have gateway.

I don't know what your point was, yes you don't have the same raid utility as mages, you have better raid utility.
    I'd also argue their stuns are more useful in raids than poly is in any raid encounter.

Not sure i've poly'd any mobs on a raid boss in a long time. But stuns? Opulence uses stuns, stuns help some in mekkatorque. Stuns on Champions.

Gateway > time warp since ele shammies are good, and so are resto, so you dont NEED a mage for it, also hunters have it. Also gateway is insane and lets you cheese so many mechanics, where as iceblock only cheeses for yourself, not the entire raid.

Warlocks get more hp than mages to begin with, which is typically better than a one-time iceblock mid fight. Certain warlock specs also heal themselves a lot, ie drain life. You get better defensive tools overall.

Warlocks have an insane amount of utility, as well as insane dps.

Please, if you honestly think anyone is buying your mage utility bullshit, go back to the warlock forums/discord where its a warlock circle jerk about it being "your time" to shine.

We don't need to add insult to injury.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Mage is always OP stop crying
    WoD in HFC FARM, not progression, farm.

Mages used to always be strong in farm pre-legion, ever since its been pretty garbage, EN fire was good.

But mages are also a "glass cannon" and are squishier than other classes because they're supposed to pump out the dmg, they don't.

They are the worst dps pure in the game atm.

I too play a fire mage & I am also being embarrassed by its low DPS in raids. (ilvl 390).

While everyone else is posting double digit DPS figures in BOD, there is my DPS of 8-9 k showing to everyone on Skada/Recount.

I only feel ok when I am running with my guild .

And when the guild invites a Pug they sometimes comment on my fire mages low DPS. "Can we replace that DPS".
    But my guild wont allow that to happen & will kick the pug if they keep that comment up.

On the other hand, Fire Mages are kicking butt in PVP..
    And I usually average 3-4 killing blows in random BGs.
    It is usually down to one spell. GREATER PYROBLAST. what a killer.. can take an enemies health down by half.

If Blizzard allowed Fire Mages to use Greater Pyroblast in raids.. wouldn't that be nice..

But you are correct OP.. at the moment in raids , I intellect buff.. provide a table & sometimes spellsteal
    That's what I feel are my main abilities in raids are at the moment .
    If you're doing 8-9k at 390(and how are you 390 at this point?), that's not a problem with the spec.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

But my guild wont allow that to happen & will kick the pug if they keep that comment up..
    Sounds like shitty guild that allows being really bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    ?
    Warlocks have stuns.
    Warlocks have gateway.

a warlocks damage resistance does not allow them to solo coin shower, meteor smash, magma traps, and others
    thats a talent, and no where near as good as blink
    one stun, on a long cooldown
    everyone can use healthstones and gates, why i only included time warp and int buff together.

but how do we have BETTER raid utility?
    iceblock is huge, so is blink for orb carrying on jadefire for example

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    a warlocks damage resistance does not allow them to solo coin shower, meteor smash, magma traps, and others
    thats a talent, and no where near as good as blink
    one stun, on a long cooldown
    everyone can use healthstones and gates, why i only included time warp and int buff together.

but how do we have BETTER raid utility?
    iceblock is huge, so is blink for orb carrying on jadefire for example
    If you dont understand how essential gate and stones are, i dont think you raid much. You do know 2 Locks were mandatory for mythic ghuun. Most even ran 4.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If you dont understand how essential gate and stones are, i dont think you raid much. You do know 2 Locks were mandatory for mythic ghuun. Most even ran 4.
    yes, and do you know mages are one of the required classes for many, many, many raids now, because of how strong hero+int buff+Blink+iceblock is
    then dont even get me started with M+ poly+food/water

also couldnt i just say
    "Warlock is dead for raids, we are essentially a healthstone/gateway now..."
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-03-27 at 11:29 PM.