Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    After this ad became a laughing stock of community.

If you look back at S4 trailers, they kept changing the formula every time, this was based on forum feedback that started after someone from marketing team asked about what they would like to see in ad.
    Huh, I figured that was part of their normal poor marketing decisions rather than something a new team tried. Anets community/marketing initiatives have never been...great : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What? When did this happen?
    Source: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/disc...bout-marketing

They really asked for feedback on their marketing. The video in question was terrible so I'm not surprised.

It was literally just a video of quotes from players who say the game is amazing.

That's what I mean by the whole playerbase being a massive echo chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Source: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/disc...bout-marketing

They really asked for feedback on their marketing. The video in question was terrible so I'm not surprised.

It was literally just a video of quotes from players who say the game is amazing.

That's what I mean by the whole playerbase being a massive echo chamber.
    Except for that thread I guess, because there was plenty of criticism : P

But now I remember that, I always found that campaign really fucking odd. Like, I got the idea behind it and all but there was just no way to make it work cleanly while remaining effective. Very much the "who the fuck is that?" that folks in the thread mentioned because without the quoted person being notable, their words are meaningless.

Seriously, GW2 has a lot of fans and is a more positive community than many games, but it's far, far from some kind of echo chamber that never criticizes the game. Hell, after the Jahai Bluffs episode came out folks were damn near rioting because of the bullshit with the nullification sigil, and that's just a recent example.