Resto shaman and mythic+

So doing my weekly 10s on my characters, resto druid instant invite, hpala instant invite, mistweaver instant invite, holy priest instant invite, resto shaman declined and declined ( all my characters are ilvl 400+ ) and 1900 mainscore from last season.

Why is resto druid so broken compared to other healers? There is literally 0 balancing between the healers for mythic+, resto shaman simply sucks compared to other healers there is no other words for this, resto shaman is not good at ANYTHING compared to other healers, oh wow u can shear a spell that doesnt do shit if its not +20 key, wow!!!. Resto shaman dps is also one of the worst of the healers, shaman needs new spells at this point the class is simply bad. Being " viable " is not ENOUGH all classes should be equal

lol you should see enhance thn. lfg = insta decline. my pvp mates my m+ team all telling me to turn ele.

I am having no problems with finding a group as Resto Sham. 401ilvl, 1.2k ios last season farming mostly 11+ keys.

Btw. Resto is a great healer for any content if you have proper traits and run High Tide

I have no problems inviting resto shamans to m+. Tbh I thought they performed the best together with druids for bursting last week.

Quote Originally Posted by transgenderkebab View Post
    ( all my characters are ilvl 400+ ) and 1900 mainscore from last season.
    I doubt you have 5 chars 400ilvl+ after 2 weeks of tier out, and I doubt you had 1900 as you would deffo get insta invite no matter what you play for weekly 10.

Why is resto druid so broken compared to other healers? There is literally 0 balancing between the healers for mythic+, resto shaman simply sucks compared to other healers there is no other words for this, resto shaman is not good at ANYTHING compared to other healers
    This is a wrong statement as it is just not fact. We are talking about mythic level 10 here. You can play your grandmas chicken as healer in mythic 10 and it will be viable. Yes, shamans are weaker for keys 15+ but if you play it how you should, you can do even higher impact as averagely played resto druid.
    Anyways, if all classes would be equal, it would be boring, it was never like that in WoW or any MMO out there. I can feel frustration from your post, but it is not caused of class here man, at least from my PoV.
    Good luck

My Rshaman is 395 Ilevel and healing a 10+ is harder than my Holy Paladin at Ilevel 375 i just leveled. RShamans can pump some HPs but only if you spam chain heal and your mana is gone before you can count to 5.. i can pump more HPS on my Paladin and still have plenty of mana left over for more pulls.

Rshamans need to have Earth Shield made baseline and possible give us reduced cast time needed on High Tide Procs to even have us remotely close to being as viable as a Resto Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    My Rshaman is 395 Ilevel and healing a 10+ is harder than my Holy Paladin at Ilevel 375 i just leveled. RShamans can pump some HPs but only if you spam chain heal and your mana is gone before you can count to 5.. i can pump more HPS on my Paladin and still have plenty of mana left over for more pulls.

Rshamans need to have Earth Shield made baseline and possible give us reduced cast time needed on High Tide Procs to even have us remotely close to being as viable as a Resto Druid.
    Sounds like personal issue caused by incorrect traits/talents or lack of knowledge of how to play Resto.
    If you want a high HPS you just top group from 0-100 with one or two High Tides if you don't crit... Resto has some issues on dungs where main dmg is on Tank but it is easily fixable by going ES.

So I see a lot of White Knights and a lot of Sky Falling.

Truth.

Resto Shaman is hard in M+. Simple checks will show the lowest healer by over 5% is Shaman.

That being said. OP is a whiney B because he has apparently 1 of every healer at ilvl 400..... dude play something easier if thats what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Sounds like personal issue caused by incorrect traits/talents or lack of knowledge of how to play Resto.
    You lose too much going Earth Shield and only ever need to spec it if the tank is not a DK... i have played Resto Shaman for several xpacs now i know how to play it. There is a reason most groups try to take a monk/druid/paladin healer over a Shaman healer. High Tide is great and i use it in M+ but sometimes you dont get the procs when you need them and if everyone takes tons of damage too fast by the time you get a long ass chain heal cast off people die, you almost have to cast it before people get trucked.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    You lose too much going Earth Shield and only ever need to spec it if the tank is not a DK... i have played Resto Shaman for several xpacs now i know how to play it. There is a reason most groups try to take a monk/druid/paladin healer over a Shaman healer. High Tide is great and i use it in M+ but sometimes you dont get the procs when you need them and if everyone takes tons of damage too fast by the time you get a long ass chain heal cast off people die, you almost have to cast it before people get trucked.
    You're not losing anything by tanking ES for dungs where main heal is on the tank (like KR). Also if you run Flash Flood instead of CB totem your Chain Heals are quite fast. On top of that, if you run 3x Turn of the Tide you will be able to heal tank in any situation.

So doing my weekly 10s on my characters, resto druid instant invite, hpala instant invite, mistweaver instant invite, holy priest instant invite, resto shaman declined and declined ( all my characters are ilvl 400+ ) and 1900 mainscore from last season.

Why is resto druid so broken compared to other healers? There is literally 0 balancing between the healers for mythic+, resto shaman simply sucks compared to other healers there is no other words for this, resto shaman is not good at ANYTHING compared to other healers, oh wow u can shear a spell that doesnt do shit if its not +20 key, wow!!!. Resto shaman dps is also one of the worst of the healers, shaman needs new spells at this point the class is simply bad. Being " viable " is not ENOUGH all classes should be equal
    Hi, I'm shaman too, 400+ too.

Only difference is I get instant invite all the time. No idea wtf you talking about mate. Not only that, but shamans are fucking insane right now in +10. People just live in this stupid prejudice world where "shaman are bad". I dunno man, absolutely cheesing reaping with earth ele, never running out of mana, burst healing the fuck out of any aoe shit with high tide, aoe stun, interrupt, purge, aoe slow or kiting. Their kit is nuts. Their dmg could be better, that's the only weak point that I feel, everything else is a goddamn monster.

You did mention 1900 main score. What's your shaman score? Maybe that's the low point. Personnaly I don't give that much importance to main score, if the guy can't get shit done on something very good like resto shaman I don't see why I would invite him evne if his main score is good.

No offense but I just think you and everyone who thinks shaman is bad just suck at the class. There's no issue on my end. git gud

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    You're not losing anything by tanking ES for dungs where main heal is on the tank (like KR). Also if you run Flash Flood instead of CB totem your Chain Heals are quite fast. On top of that, if you run 3x Turn of the Tide you will be able to heal tank in any situation.
    I agree i always take FF in M+ over CB. It just feels easier on my Holy paladin to bomb big heals thats all i am saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 405 1.2k io. Instant invite most of the time for +12 and below. At this point though I rarely need to pug. Got tons of people on my friends list that I met pugging who always want a resto or ele sham.

Im GS 405, i have no problems in mythic plus.

I recently started to do more Mythic+ dungeons, and honestly I'm not finding Resto Shammy to be a problem. I did experience a bit of an issue on a +15 KR key and I sometimes think we're at the mercy of the affixes for the week but it's not so bad really.

I'm ilvl 411 but I have no problem healing +10/11/12/13 ... 14 and 15 can start to be problematic because the mobs/bosses hit so hard, but they're still manageable.

I think Resto Shammy's biggest problem is a lack of mobility when casting. Druid's, in my opinion, do so well as they're able (for the most part) to run around casting their spells. Where Necrotic is concerned that's a massive plus, tanks are able to reset stacks by getting away from mobs and the druid is able to chase them around topping them up. Shammy has Riptide / Unleash Life as instant casts so we're really lacking in that respect.

I'd honestly like to see a return of the old talent Elemental Mastery talent from Wrath - but make it baseline. Allowing for 2 spells to be cast instantly. Between that and Spiritwalker's Grace I think it'd really provide a bit of much needed mobility/recovery for Resto Shaman. Especially since I find our Mastery to be pretty crappy at the moment and is probably the one thing I would change, asap, about Resto Shammy.

First post on these forums, so go easy on me!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by khorgam View Post
    lol you should see enhance thn. lfg = insta decline. my pvp mates my m+ team all telling me to turn ele.
    TBH the start of season 1 was very hard for resto/elemental as the perception of the class was very bad. Atm I am playing enhancement for season 2 and I can confirm that the perception of enhancement spec has remained the same. Not as good as elemental in m+, but I prefer insta heals which can speed up recovery between pulls. In PvP enhancement damage is absolutely killing it (survivability is the same as for elemental with the exception of having Ethereal Form, but not lasso).

I think the hardest part of resto healing is the efficiency of heals as you don't want to be casting chain heal when only 2 members are taking damage. For disc priest you maintain 1-3 atonements and smite is low cost. Holy pala loses almost no mana. Resto druid has fairly easy time when there are already hots on members that take damage and innervate. Holy priest/Mistweaver has the best burst in heals so they don't have any worries while they do their thing.

IMO [Resurgence] is quite powerful, but requires 22-24% crit, but it will take considerable time to go oom just by casting healing wave/riptide and few healing surges. Also I think having more crit makes mastery less potent unless the target is very low, so you'd want crit/versa or crit/haste (versa works better for 5 man). My point is that rsham can be very efficient if you don't cast Healing Rain/Chain heal unless there is sufficient number of targets injured.

Item level plays a big part and rsham becomes better and better. Just push your own keys, because rshams are fun. Although no strong tanks cds, spirit link and earthen wall are envied as much by other healers (Coming from a guy who plays all 5 heals).

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto shamans are perfectly fine for m+. It's when you start pushing 20 and above keys that you really start noticing the difference between the healers toolkit.
    Hi