Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Zombie Deer Disease

It’s hunting season and there’s this new panic about called zombie deer disease. I want to know why every year these new diseases that have never been heard of just suddenly surface and break news headlines with such vague information about the disease. Call me wrong but I think they make these things to cause widespread panic and for money of the media. There’s also the potential story brewing fit for an ‘experienced’ hunter to get bit and die from the disease. Once this happens everyone will go batshit like they did with ebola.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I'm sure there's no actual Zombie Deer Disease and the answer here is, the story itself, just like the title of your thread is just clickbait.

It's just deer alzheimer's.

Medically, it isn't supposed to be able to infect humans, but best not to eat infected meat anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I'm sure there's no actual Zombie Deer Disease and the answer here is, the story itself, just like the title of your thread is just clickbait.
    There's one, it's just a terrible name for it.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a form of mad cow disease, possibly transmittable to humans. Calling it a zombie disease just makes it sound incredibly stupid and fake.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    It's a form of mad cow disease, possibly transmittable to humans. Calling it a zombie disease just makes it sound incredibly stupid and fake.
    I bet whoever called it that had just watched Train to Busan.

Whoever decided to call that disease the "zombie deer disease" is either terribly stupid or was purposefully trying to make it into a clickbait name

The word zombie is added into it to spread mass panic and attention to the media. No one would care if it was called something akin to neutral-spinal cord deer disease

10+ Year Old Account
    People really love and want some damn Zombies no matter how bad, if it isn't Aliens, Vampires or something else LOL
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    So deers with rabies?

Horror trivia, 'fast' zombies were partly inspired by animals/people infected with rabies.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    So deers with rabies?
    It's essentially just deer with mad cow disease.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The word zombie is added into it to spread mass panic and attention to the media. No one would care if it was called something akin to neutral-spinal cord deer disease
    It's the perfect clickbait name for a clickbate day and age. You could also have chosen yourself not do use it, do some research and use it's proper name and added some depth and information for a good basis for intellectual discussion about it. I'm not going to do that, because I have other things to do with my time. but you could.

But you didn't, you just parroted it, making yourself just as bad as the clickbait producing mass media you seem to hate.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    There's one, it's just a terrible name for it.
    Which means it's not an actual Zombie Deer Disease.

I don't understand how that vulgar name would be stupid, it's pretty descriptive. Average Joe would have to google prionic disease or TSE, whereas stuff such as zombie deer and mad cow are easy to remember and immediately convey an idea. Sure, it's prone to be used as clickbait, but honestly what isn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

it kinda behaves like a zombie though. similar to rabies, though rabies causes aggression, because it needs to spread through saliva and blood.

but yeah, it's nothing new, that's for sure. you see videos of deer, even moose, out running in circles in fields. there's this show on animal planet about game wardens, one had to shoot a moose with it. some pretty fucked up stuff.

but they're not zombies, no "zombie" disease is an actual zombie. zombies are moving corpses, and everything that's "zombie" in all these disease, and even with the ant fungi, the animal is alive still.

It's called Chronic Wasting Disease but it's nicknamed Zombie Deer Disease because the infected act in a zombie-like fashion but not in the chase-you-down-and-eat-you fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Most cases of CWD occur in adult animals; the youngest animal diagnosed with natural CWD was 17 months. The disease is progressive and always fatal. The first signs are difficulties in movement. The most obvious and consistent clinical sign of CWD is weight loss over time. Behavioral changes also occur in the majority of cases, including decreased interactions with other animals, listlessness, lowering of the head, tremors, repetitive walking in set patterns, and nervousness. Excessive salivation and grinding of the teeth also are observed. Most deer show increased drinking and urination; the increased drinking and salivation may contribute to the spread of the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Which means it's not an actual Zombie Deer Disease.
    Well....infected deer do act like the slow zombies in some ways.....

But they don't become more aggressive or develop a taste for brains, so technically, you are right.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

It's the perfect clickbait name for a clickbate day and age. You could also have chosen yourself not do use it, do some research and use it's proper name and added some depth and information for a good basis for intellectual discussion about it. I'm not going to do that, because I have other things to do with my time. but you could.

But you didn't, you just parroted it, making yourself just as bad as the clickbait producing mass media you seem to hate.
    And you decided to post — twice.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's just deer alzheimer's.

Medically, it isn't supposed to be able to infect humans, but best not to eat infected meat anyway.
    Dude, you have your sicknesses mixed up. While there are some very new studies that show that a certain bacterium might be related to Alzheimers, it is not infectious, at least as far as the medical world knows for now. You mean 'mad cow disease', or rather Creutzfeldt-Jacob-Sickness, as the human version of it is called.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zombie Deer
    Z D
    ZeD

we doomed.

It’s hunting season and there’s this new panic about called zombie deer disease. I want to know why every year these new diseases that have never been heard of just suddenly surface and break news headlines with such vague information about the disease. Call me wrong but I think they make these things to cause widespread panic and for money of the media. There’s also the potential story brewing fit for an ‘experienced’ hunter to get bit and die from the disease. Once this happens everyone will go batshit like they did with ebola.
    If you encounter someone who panics over it just tell them 'This disease has been around for 30 years in hunted populations of deer and not a single case of a human contracting it is known.'